DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
knockUout
Mouseketeer

Florida beach timeshare

We love our DVC but I can see us enjoying some beach vacations down the road. We have four boys with the oldest a freshman in college. Seems like there are some bargain timeshares available. I envision purchasing one that we could use as family in Jan/Feb or the boys could use as a spring break destination. Don't want a super wild spring break location but a location with some night-life and great beaches. Gulf coast or Eastern coast? Any Florida residents with advice or other DVC members that own other timeshares? I really like the point concept with DVC and would only be interested in a timeshare where we would be able to have a floating week. Thanks for any advice.
knockUout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockUout View Post
We love our DVC but I can see us enjoying some beach vacations down the road. We have four boys with the oldest a freshman in college. Seems like there are some bargain timeshares available. I envision purchasing one that we could use as family in Jan/Feb or the boys could use as a spring break destination. Don't want a super wild spring break location but a location with some night-life and great beaches. Gulf coast or Eastern coast? Any Florida residents with advice or other DVC members that own other timeshares? I really like the point concept with DVC and would only be interested in a timeshare where we would be able to have a floating week. Thanks for any advice.
We like Marco Island. Some of the timeshares we like there are Charter House, Club Regency and the newest, Crystal Shores. But we can probably rent someones condo for less.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

This doesn't really answer your other time share question, but have you stayed at the Vero Beach DVC Resort? We stayed there one year in October and really enjoyed it. Is that the type of area you are looking for?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockUout View Post
If you already own enough DVC points to make it workable, I'd try for VB and see how that works. If you would need more DVC points and want to go most years to this new option, I'd look at other options.

For FL there are many options. For Daytona, Wyndham and Bluegreen have great options. Both also cover MB well. Marriott has resorts in the Miami area, Marco Island and West Palm that are reasonable as well as HH and MB. While I don't know the resorts, the TX coast might be a good consideration for you. Remember that this is high season for mid FL on down so getting a true bargain is not that likely unless you buy into one of the points systems like Bluegreen or Wyndham or you settle for a lessor resort. Personally I'd look for a resale at Marriott's Ocean Pointe resort for Platinum time and join II if this is all you want to use it for. You'd be in Marriott's FL club so you could also use it for Orlando, Panama City and the Ft. Lauderdale resort and prices and fees are "reasonable" if you put the effort in to find the right resale. If you want to use it for other options besides the beach, the other points system are likely a better choice. There are many hidden gems, you just have to find the right one for you. You should spend 6 months or more of active investigation to find your best option.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:05 AM   #5
zavandor
DIS Veteran

If you are interested in buying a timeshare outside DVC, I would suggest you to take a look at TUG: http://tugbbs.com/forums/

It requires a fee to join, but it can save you thousands of dollars helping you to make the right choice.

You can find there a lot of information, too much to grasp at the beginning, so take your time to be sure to understand very well the system you are buying into.
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavandor
If you are interested in buying a timeshare outside DVC, I would suggest you to take a look at TUG: http://tugbbs.com/forums/

It requires a fee to join, but it can save you thousands of dollars helping you to make the right choice.

You can find there a lot of information, too much to grasp at the beginning, so take your time to be sure to understand very well the system you are buying into.
Some parts require a small yearly fee but the boards are free.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: