Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #16
GoHerbie
Mouseketeer

I'll give another recommendation for the Royal rooms at POR, even without a kid. The headboard fireworks are neat, and theming even includes the carpet & wallpaper borders.

GoHerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #17
GusGus77
DIS Veteran

I think I enjoyed the headboards in the royal rooms more than my 2 and 4 year old!!!
GusGus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #18
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

AKL is a favorite resort of mine - unique, beautiful - gives you that WOW factor when you walk in the lobby.

Another vote for the royal rooms at POR for uniqueness plus the boat to DTD is nice.

Wilderness Lodge for the feel of it and location (boat to MK is nice).

Value resorts for "in your face Disney" but not as many amenities and smaller rooms.

There are so many options and styles of resorts at WDW - so much to choose from - have fun resort shopping!

Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 Hong Kong Disneyland *
New Trip Report Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118
Trip Reports WDW and DLRP http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+reporthttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #19
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

my choice would be the Animal Kingdom Lodge, savanna view. It really transport you to another world, which is the idea of Disney IMO

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #20
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.

Oh just great ! I had booked the POR royal room for next April for a special trip with our (soon-to-be 8) granddaughter...2 hrs ago I switched our ressie to the POLY Lagoon View. (very pricey difference I might add) I am now reading this thread and seems that many of you are praising the Royal Rooms. I really thought that those Royal Rooms would be perfect for our little princess, then I got to thinking that the monorail at the POLY would be so much better. I have really bad sciatica (the buses kill me !) and I suffer neuropathy in my feet terribly. I just figured Poly's convenience would be best and MK is where we do alot of our park time. Now I'm not so sure I did the right
thing !? I actually feel like crying. My Dh doesn't even know I switched. I just figured it might be best... The Royal Rooms are hard to get. It took me a few calls til one became available. Do I stick withe the POLY Lagoon view or go back to a royal room?

2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Cindie-rella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #21
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindie-rella View Post
Oh just great ! I had booked the POR royal room for next April for a special trip with our (soon-to-be 8) granddaughter...2 hrs ago I switched our ressie to the POLY Lagoon View. (very pricey difference I might add) I am now reading this thread and seems that many of you are praising the Royal Rooms. I really thought that those Royal Rooms would be perfect for our little princess, then I got to thinking that the monorail at the POLY would be so much better. I have really bad sciatica (the buses kill me !) and I suffer neuropathy in my feet terribly. I just figured Poly's convenience would be best and MK is where we do alot of our park time. Now I'm not so sure I did the right
thing !? I actually feel like crying. My Dh doesn't even know I switched. I just figured it might be best... The Royal Rooms are hard to get. It took me a few calls til one became available. Do I stick withe the POLY Lagoon view or go back to a royal room?
Don't worry, the Poly is lovely! It's just that the rooms themselves don't have so much obvious Disneyism, which is what the OP wants. You need to do what is best for you, and either way, your little princess will enjoy the trip!
PS: Let her find the hidden Mickeys - for example, check out the art in the room.
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!

Last edited by wishing4PA; 11-27-2012 at 08:56 PM.
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #22
HairyChest
Mouseketeer

This is also what i was looking for, the disney feel, so i chose the polynesian. It screams "tiki room" to me and i LOVE the tiki room. Ive never been to WDW but after a year of research and resort switching i believe this to be the right choice. Plus the monorail, and the beach/fireworks, and soothing music through out the resort and mood setting tiki torches , this anticipation is killing me. Two weeks for my first visit to the world. And bieng a once in a lifetime chance for me, poly is the way to go.
HairyChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:55 AM   #23
smiths02
DIS Veteran

We stayed at AKL twice and CBR pirate room. Obviously, the pirate room is more in your face Disney...but I have to say that I felt pretty immersed at AKL as well.
Staying at the Poly is a dream of mine. Like PP said...it reminds me of the Tiki room.
Riding the monorail and having breakfast with Mickey feels like Disney to me. Seeing the castle and fireworks from the beach sounds like Disney as well.
The royal rooms sound lovely though as well if you switch back maybe you could rent a car to avoid bus?
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:01 AM   #24
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

Quote:
I think the Poly will be perfect for you!!! Don't despair - it is a beautiful resort - very relaxing and the location can't be beat! It is a deluxe resort and will make your holiday very special. I think you both will feel like princesses at the Poly - Hawaiian Princesses!

Have a great trip!
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 Hong Kong Disneyland *
New Trip Report Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118
Trip Reports WDW and DLRP http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+reporthttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #25
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.

I'm just "over"thinking as usual . I've always wanted to try the POLY and so I'm finally going to do it ! This has been a very very bad year for us. I am giving this trip as a surprise Christmas gift to our GD. She has been begging us to take her back. This will be quite a surprise for her and it's something that will help get us through the Holidays. Lost one of my dogs on mother's day, my mom in June, a friend in Sept another friend in Nov and this morning my vet told us our little girl dog is dying ! Prob won't make it to Christmas. So we are very torn apart at this point. Disney is the only thing keeping my mind off all this. In any case we are going to the POLY and I cannot wait !!!

2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Cindie-rella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #26
ke3d98
Mouseketeer

Any Epcot resort is good, mine preferably are Yacht Club and Boardwalk

ke3d98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #27
kanderson89
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm just "over"thinking as usual . I've always wanted to try the POLY and so I'm finally going to do it ! This has been a very very bad year for us. I am giving this trip as a surprise Christmas gift to our GD. She has been begging us to take her back. This will be quite a surprise for her and it's something that will help get us through the Holidays. Lost one of my dogs on mother's day, my mom in June, a friend in Sept another friend in Nov and this morning my vet told us our little girl dog is dying ! Prob won't make it to Christmas. So we are very torn apart at this point. Disney is the only thing keeping my mind off all this. In any case we are going to the POLY and I cannot wait !!!
Sounds like WDW is exactly what you need. So sorry it has been a tough year for you. I know when I have tough times, the fact that we are going back to WDW helps to keep our spirits up.

WL - 2015
WL - 2014
WL - 2013
AKL - 2012
WL - 2011
WL - 2010
Ft Wilderness - as a kid in the 1970s
kanderson89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: