Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
BabsBunny
Mouseketeer

Cellier, Yachtsman or Derby

We have never been to any of these restaurants. My husband and I will be staying at BWV in February (no dining plan), and we are having a tough time choosing from these three.

Le Cellier - Of course you always hear great things about this place, but I'm a little hesitant that it might be a rushed meal.

Yachtsman Steakhouse - It's a short walk over from BWV.

Brown Derby - I don't think we've ever had dinner at HS. It might be nice to have a drink at the Tune In Lounge and dinner at the BD.

Which would you choose?

DVC Fan and AKV Owner
BabsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

I went to all three in oct and yachtsmen was our fave! The filet was to die for and the Mac and chz was amazing. If you go on my blog.mlink below I did a review on it recently

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on WDW Trash cans & custodial show at Tokyo DL!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I've been to all 3 many times and I would rank them Brown Derby, Yachtsman, Le Cellier.

None of the 3 rank at the top of my list. If I want to eat meat, I pick Shulas at the Dolphin.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
BabsBunny
Mouseketeer

I read your blog, Sephorachick, and it looks great.

Pakey, I just looked at the menu for Shula's. I'm no cheapskate, but $8 for a baked potato and $10 for a wedge of iceberg when I'm paying $44 for filet mignon? I'm up to $62, and I haven't even ordered wine yet.

Wait. Do you think they'd mind if I nuke one in my villa and bring it with me. I could easily fit it in my suitcase.

DVC Fan and AKV Owner
BabsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
Kae
DIS Veteran

Brown Derby & Do the Fantasmic Pkg,

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

I would go to yachtsman.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We've eaten at all 3 and Yachtsman is by far our favorite. I didn't think Le Cellier was anything special and certainly didn't live up to all the hype that I read about here on the boards, but that's just my personal opinion.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #8
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1
I didn't think Le Cellier was anything special and certainly didn't live up to all the hype that I read about here on the boards, but that's just my personal opinion.
I couldn't agree more. I was not impressed with the food at Le Cellier at all. That place is overhyped.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

Old 11-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #9
stormer
DIS Veteran

We have eaten at all three. We love the Yachtsman - food and service is great. Le Cellier is good. Did not like Brown Derby at all.
October 1994 Port Orleans / Oct. 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / Oct. 1999 Off site / Oct. 2004 Contemporary Resort / Oct. 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / Aug.2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ Oct. 2008 Old Key West / Feb. 2009 Polynesian Resort / Aug. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / Aug. 2010 Bay Lake Tower / Feb. 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / Aug. 2011 Boardwalk Villas / Aug. 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2013 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2013 Boardwalk Villas / Feb. 2014 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2014 Old Key West
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #10
Maria1985
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
I would go to yachtsman.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Me too.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #11
kirklandn
Earning My Ears

Only food worth eating was T Rex downtown Disney, The Yachtsman and 1900 Park Fare.

Cinderella's Castle food was nasty Chef Mickeys food was terrible, Hollywood and Vine was terrible and we were forced to pay 50.00 tip for a buffet
! Chef Mickeys food nasty, Hollywood and Vine terrible buffet and we were forced to pay 50.00 tip to waitress at a buffet who did nothing for us.
kirklandn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
lizloph
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey
I've been to all 3 many times and I would rank them Brown Derby, Yachtsman, Le Cellier.

None of the 3 rank at the top of my list. If I want to eat meat, I pick Shulas at the Dolphin.
I agree, Shula's by far the best I make that my fancy meal almost every time I'm down there. I actually had cold burnt steak and ice cold mash potatoes while at the yachtsman and for the high price I was livid. Le cellier is all about just getting in there since its a tough ressie. My plan b would be the brown derby, not as nice as Shula's but decent menu. Haven't had the chance to get over there yet, but I hear decent things on the restaurant.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #13
mjtm610
Mouseketeer

We just returned from a trip to the world. We ate at Yachtsmans. The service was beyond horrible. I said to my husband at one point "do you think we're on candid camera?" We weren't. Atleast now when I talk about how horrible it was I laugh, because it was so ridiculous! It started with waiting 65 minutes for our ADR. It was a Sunday night. If we hadn't been with other people we would have left. Our drink orders were served before the appetizer for 3 people, 1 person got her cocktail during dinner, one got his AFTER dinner was served. We asked for rolls (which are delicious) when we got 2 of the 4 appetizers. Rolls came after the 3rd request, after I had finished dinner. The steaks were excellent, except they weren't done as ordered. They were all rare except for 1 which was done to medium. One appetizer never came. All the dinners came out in 2's. Here's 2....wait several minutes....2 more......wait ALOT longer.....ask about the other dinners..."of course....." Then they show up. 2 people wanted desert.....which we were never offered, never offered coffee or tea either.....However we did get the bill......for all the food and drinks we ordered. We had to hunt down the manager to get him to change the bill, because we didn't get everything we ordered......and HE kept insisting we did get all our drinks.....which we did , but we never received refills on 2 of the wines which we were charged for.!! Oh,,,,,,and I forgot,,,,,18% gratuity was added to the bill with all the errors!!! Like I said.....candid camera~
mjtm610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #14
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklandn
Only food worth eating was T Rex downtown Disney, The Yachtsman and 1900 Park .
I hope your talking about 1900 breakfast, cause the dinner was terrible.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Old 11-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #15
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabsBunny View Post
I read your blog, Sephorachick, and it looks great.

Pakey, I just looked at the menu for Shula's. I'm no cheapskate, but $8 for a baked potato and $10 for a wedge of iceberg when I'm paying $44 for filet mignon? I'm up to $62, and I haven't even ordered wine yet.

Wait. Do you think they'd mind if I nuke one in my villa and bring it with me. I could easily fit it in my suitcase.
Thanks

PBI- I've been to Shula's before & wasn't impressed with the steak? Plus they were sold out of 2 desserts we wanted. Great service there though but I just wasn't wow'ed.

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on WDW Trash cans & custodial show at Tokyo DL!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: