Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #121
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Garden Grill looks like it was a great choice for your Thanksgiving dinner!! I haven't been there in years, but I remember loving the spinning restaurant!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #122
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Garden Grill looks like it was a great choice for your Thanksgiving dinner!! I haven't been there in years, but I remember loving the spinning restaurant!
It really was !! It had all of the components of a great Thanksgiving meal - without the unpleasant family members, cooking or cleaning. AND in a rotating restaurant - what's not to love ???
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #123
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – Part 5

After dinner, we got back in the car and headed over to Hollywood Studios to see the Osborne Family Lights. When we got there, DD wanted to ride Star Tours and DS wanted to ride Aerosmith. So DH took DD to ride Start Tours and I took DS over to ride RnR. He rode the single rider line which took forever. Usually, single ride is the way to go, but this took a long time. I had wanted to get back over to the Streets of America to see the lights actually come on, but we didn’t make it.

DD and DH rode Star Torus twice during this time and then we met them over at the Christmas display. For those of you that don’t know the

Osborne Lights are:

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights on the Streets of America at Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park is a breathtaking seasonal display featuring millions of glittering lights perfectly synchronized to holiday music.

The lights are so extensive you may find it hard to comprehend their magnitude. Entire buildings are blanketed in sheets of multi-colored lights, and thousands more lights form twirling carousels, heavenly angels, and even Santa and his reindeer. Approximately every 10 minutes, the lights dim and then dramatically spring to life — dynamically choreographed to traditional holiday music. You have to see the effect to believe it!
Some nights, if you truly believe in holiday magic, the show is capped off with an enchanted flurry of snow.

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights started modestly in Arkansas as a single home's annual display. Every year, Jennings Osborne and his family set up an elaborate collection of holiday lights and over the years, the collection of lights grew, and grew... and grew! In 1995, the Osborne family decided to share their magic with the world, and Walt Disney World Resort happily offered to become the new permanent home for this exceptional exhibition of holiday cheer.

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights is included with standard admission to Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park.

And if you ask me ….. they are nothing short of amazing.

We really loved them and if you ever get the chance to go during the Christmas season, I highly recommend that you take the time to see them.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #124
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

YOU WERE AT THE OSBORNE LIGHTS THAT NIGHT?!?!? So were we...after all of the drama that is! We probably missed each other by two seconds.

I mean, they were AMAZING! I just loved them.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #125
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
YOU WERE AT THE OSBORNE LIGHTS THAT NIGHT?!?!? So were we...after all of the drama that is! We probably missed each other by two seconds.

I mean, they were AMAZING! I just loved them.
We were so CLOSE !! I mean I could have run over your foot with my scooter or something ......

that is just crazy

I love those lights !!

So much fun.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #126
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

The Garden Grill is one of my favorites now! SO good and perfect for Thanksgiving! I believe your dessert was the same as ours, which would make sense because it was Triple Berry Cake! Yummy!

The Osborne Lights are just perfect. I will miss seeing them so much this year!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #127
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post

After dinner, we got back in the car and headed over to Hollywood Studios to see the Osborne Family Lights. ....

And if you ask me ….. they are nothing short of amazing.
I completely agree! Pictures and video simply don't do the display justice. Katie really wanted to meet up with y'all that night, and I hate that my phone had died! If we hadn't been in such a rush to get from MK over there, I probably would have presence of mind to text your from our hotel room where I could plug in the phone. I was sure you probably had left so quite looking for you shortly after 7:00, but in truth you had probably just gotten back there then. We had such a good time both nights we went.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #128
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
The Garden Grill is one of my favorites now! SO good and perfect for Thanksgiving! I believe your dessert was the same as ours, which would make sense because it was Triple Berry Cake! Yummy!

The Osborne Lights are just perfect. I will miss seeing them so much this year!
That is it !!! Triple Berry Cake !! I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks Marissa !!

I know .... those lights are amazing. Puts you right into the Christmas spirit !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
I completely agree! Pictures and video simply don't do the display justice. Katie really wanted to meet up with y'all that night, and I hate that my phone had died! If we hadn't been in such a rush to get from MK over there, I probably would have presence of mind to text your from our hotel room where I could plug in the phone. I was sure you probably had left so quite looking for you shortly after 7:00, but in truth you had probably just gotten back there then. We had such a good time both nights we went.
I am seriously bummed we missed each other that night. We didn't get to spend enough time together in my opinion. MK would have been so much more fun with you that last day. Next time, I hope we can plan some more time together.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:52 AM   #129
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

We apparently have a knack for scheduling our trips so that they JUST miss the Osborne Lights by a few days. SO beautiful!!!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #130
MEK
DIS Veteran

Behind again after a couple of days off from the DIS.

Yeah for meeting Danielle - and you are right - she looks so fantastic. Such a different look from when she had dark hair. I love the blond hair.

I love GG - the food there is fabulous. I think the tables are a little small, but hey - what are you going to do? The character interaction is great, too. What a fun meal.

And the Osbourne lights - they are so awesome. What a great day!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #131
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
We apparently have a knack for scheduling our trips so that they JUST miss the Osborne Lights by a few days. SO beautiful!!!!!
I just love them !! Maybe one day you can schedule a trip to see the Christmas decorations. Absolutely amazing !!!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #132
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Behind again after a couple of days off from the DIS.

Yay !! Welcome back !!

Yeah for meeting Danielle - and you are right - she looks so fantastic. Such a different look from when she had dark hair. I love the blond hair.

She really does look amazing and it was tough to have to stand next to her and look like a giant pink marshmallow. She says her computer is sick, so she hasn't been able to DIS properly.

I love GG - the food there is fabulous. I think the tables are a little small, but hey - what are you going to do? The character interaction is great, too. What a fun meal.

Yes, our table got small very fast with all of that food they bring. But our server was great and kept everything moving. We love the characters there. DS has decided he is too cool for the characters, but DD is still really into them.

And the Osbourne lights - they are so awesome. What a great day!

So, so amazing !! It was great day !!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #133
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 2  Part 6

So, if you remember, we checked out of our studio that morning, but didnt get the chance to check back into our 1BR before we left for the parks. So when we got back to the resort, we moved all of our stuff into the 1BR villa. They had texted me our room number earlier in the day. So I knew it was 4303.

And of course I got some photos.

Master Bedroom

Bathroom

Dining and living area

Kitchen

Foyer

More horsey pillows.

There has been a little debate as to who these horses are. And I looked all over and this is an article that I found. When I review the photos in this article:

http://www.makinmemoriesphotoblog.co...prings-resort/

I find that I think the pillows in our unit were Khan from Mulan and Buck from Home on the Range. I think they might have had different pillows in other rooms though.

Curtains

Chair

Lamp

After that, DH and the kids arrived with all of our crap and it never looked this way again. But we settled in for the night and got some rest after we unpacked. An exciting day was ahead for DH !!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #134
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Garden Grill looks like a great place to have dinner on Thanksgiving! I think I'm going to make an ADR there for my DH and I the next time we are in Disney, I keep seeing reviews of it and it looks really good!

I love that Pluto was doing dog commands!

I love the Osborne Lights so much, they are amazing! I'm so sad that I'm not in Disney right now to enjoy them, I think I took my Christmas trip a little too early this year!

Your room is beautiful, I'd love to stay in a one bedroom villa someday, just for the jacuzzi tub, but that seems really pointless, considering it's just my DH and I!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #135
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Garden Grill looks like a great place to have dinner on Thanksgiving! I think I'm going to make an ADR there for my DH and I the next time we are in Disney, I keep seeing reviews of it and it looks really good!

It really is a good place to eat and we left completely stuffed, just like a real Thanksgiving should be.

I love that Pluto was doing dog commands!

DD really enjoyed that interaction !! It was really funny.

I love the Osborne Lights so much, they are amazing! I'm so sad that I'm not in Disney right now to enjoy them, I think I took my Christmas trip a little too early this year!

Well it is just a good reason to schedule a Christmastime trip then, right ??

Your room is beautiful, I'd love to stay in a one bedroom villa someday, just for the jacuzzi tub, but that seems really pointless, considering it's just my DH and I!

We really like the space a 1BR provides and DH really likes it, too. The kids really like the jacuzzi tub. I have used it a couple of times. We have one at home, but the ones at Disney have a little more space. And I don't have to clean them. DD loves getting bath bombs from Basin to use while we are there. And at home of course.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: