Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #61
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
All caught up!

First of all - yeah that your ankle is healing so well. I know its a very slow process, but it sounds like you are really on the mend.

OMG - it is taking forever. 4 months and counting. I did get permission to graduate out of the black walking boot this week, but my physical therapist is concentrating on breaking up the scar tissue inside the ankle because my range of motion is very bad. I had to get this machine that I have to stretch on 4x a day and it HURTS. Plus, the PT 3x a week. They said if I don't do it myself, then I will have to have more surgery. So I am trying very hard to avoid it. Still having to hit the pain pills hard.

Second - I really like the studio refurb at SSR. It's been several years since we've stayed there and that furniture was getting so tired. I love SSR. I'm not kidding - its so scenic.

We liked it too, but I think they are smaller that the other deluxe studios. We felt cramped in the studio, but it was just for one night. We moved to a 1BR on day two. We do enjoy SSR. It is very beautiful. DD loves the pool !!

Third - yeah for WPE! My brother had that entree in June and loved it.

That is always our go to meal. We always mean to try something different, but I always go back to the meatloaf when I get up to the counter.

Fourth - Love all the Christmas decorations. It makes me hope that there is a little Christmas going on by the time we leave next year on November 4th.

We love WDW at Christmas. It is so magical. I think they start putting up in November, but I think maybe not until the middle. But I am not sure. I has to do with the Halloween party and Christmas Party. When the Christmas Parties start at MK, they practically switch over night.

Fifth - yeah for starting off the PAP by going to DQ. I would love to go there this summer. It's a great reprieve from the heat.

That PAP discount is the best deal ever. I am so happy we were able to take advantage of it !!

And finally - it must be something about chemical people - my DH is a chemical engineer and I would describe him the same way you described your DH - he pretends to tolerate my Disney obsession but DOES secretly love it. When I suggested that we change the dates of next's year trip (which is on his birthday), he got quite upset.
That is funny. This trip was the first trip where he asked me to book. Usually, it is all me. I was all about another trip.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #62
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia's mom View Post
Found your TR !!

You are off to a good start !!!
I LOOOVE the waffles at waffle house. don't have any near by only when we go south. Yes, they are ALWAYS DIRTY.
Janet !!!

Thanks !!!

I love the waffles, there, too. I really do. But dang, I feel like I need a shower after we leave. It is seriously nasty.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #63
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Part 6

Once we got back to the room, the early morning drive and my massively swollen ankle got the best of me and I didnt feel up to getting out to a park again.

DH fell quickly asleep.

The kids were hungry, so we scootered up to Artist Palette to let him rest.

Our room was very close, so it wasnt any trouble.

We got our mugs

We werent super hungry, so we just used one CS credit. We ordered and they gave us a number

They had easels and crayons on several of the tables for the kids.

We ordered chicken nuggets and they came with house made chips.

These were very warm and just out of the fryer, so they were very tasty.
The three of us couldnt finish these and ended up taking a couple of nuggets and chips back to the room.

Photos on the way back &

DD got a Lady pillow pet at the gift shop

I got some caramel popcorn

I think after we got back, DD had talked DS into taking her to the pool. She swam while he played on his iPad. It was kinda chilly out (mid 60's) so I don't see how she could stand it, but she said it was fun. She said the water wasn't cold, but it sure was cold to stand in line for the slide. She loves that slide.

After they came back and got warmed up, we settled in for the night and we were all fast asleep before 9PM.

Last edited by jecskc; 12-02-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #64
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Looks like you got a lot done in one day eben with traveling. I've never been to Disney Quest as I'm not really into that kind of thing. I didn't tell mt SIL about it or our whole vacation in august would have had him there. They have 3 game systems set up now and my DGS is getting a system for Christmas.

The room looks nice. I am debating renting points next year and just getting a studio. It would only be my husband I so that size room looks perfect. I couls see how it could be a little cramped for 4 people but we don't spend much time in the room. Looking foreward to more.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #65
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

I love the pillow pet. Tricia keeps asking for one and I can never find one that's different... I will have to look on line and see what else they have !

Ya know why they have handmade chips at the Saratoga ..?
Potato chips were "invented" there... FYI.. I hear the story every time I visit my in laws in Saratoga Springs.
We both spent Thanksgiving @ Saratoga Springs

Okay waiting for more TR....
Especially DH's Photos
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL
Old 12-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #66
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia's mom View Post
I love the pillow pet. Tricia keeps asking for one and I can never find one that's different... I will have to look on line and see what else they have !

Ya know why they have handmade chips at the Saratoga ..?
Potato chips were "invented" there... FYI.. I hear the story every time I visit my in laws in Saratoga Springs.
We both spent Thanksgiving @ Saratoga Springs

Okay waiting for more TR....
Especially DH's Photos
We seriously have way too many stuffed animals around here. And now with the pillow pets. I need to purge some of them.

For realz ?? I never knew that. A couple of the other places serve those house chips and I like them. The kids don't really care for them. They had them at Roaring Forks at Wilderness Lodge. But thanks fr the history lesson. That is very interesting .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
Looks like you got a lot done in one day eben with traveling. I've never been to Disney Quest as I'm not really into that kind of thing. I didn't tell mt SIL about it or our whole vacation in august would have had him there. They have 3 game systems set up now and my DGS is getting a system for Christmas.

The room looks nice. I am debating renting points next year and just getting a studio. It would only be my husband I so that size room looks perfect. I couls see how it could be a little cramped for 4 people but we don't spend much time in the room. Looking foreward to more.
Lorrie !!

Yeah, I am not a super big gamer either. But the kids really liked it though.

We rented points before we bought DVC and I would recommend it t anyone. I agree that the studio is fine for two people.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #67
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm back and all caught up.

Hooray for getting to Disney; boo on dissing my Waffle House. It's our favorite breakfast place.

Thank you for all the pictures inside of Saratoga Springs; we visited it a couple of years ago and walked the grounds, and I've seen pictures of hte outside, but never the inside.

Nice photos of DTD and on the price of your AP's.

Glad you all got to bed early after your long day.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #68
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I LOVED how close The Springs was to the Carriage House! Good for lazy people, like moi

I WANT A LADY PILLOW PET. She is SO cute!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #69
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Those chicken nuggets look really good! It looks like a really good portion of them too!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #70
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm back and all caught up.

Hooray for getting to Disney; boo on dissing my Waffle House. It's our favorite breakfast place.

Thank you for all the pictures inside of Saratoga Springs; we visited it a couple of years ago and walked the grounds, and I've seen pictures of hte outside, but never the inside.

Nice photos of DTD and on the price of your AP's.

Glad you all got to bed early after your long day.
I like the food at Waffle House. It is just that the majority of them are just dirty. That is my issue. They need to be closed for an hour every day and power washed.

I have lots more photos of SSR. It is a very peaceful and lovely place.

Yes, we are pumped to have those AP's. I will certainly get a summer trip out of this for the water park option alone - woot !!

We were supposed to meet my BFF at Hollywood Studios for the Osborne lights, but I underestimated how tired we would be. DH especially was very tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I LOVED how close The Springs was to the Carriage House! Good for lazy people, like moi

I WANT A LADY PILLOW PET. She is SO cute!
And for temporarily crippled people like me. If we ever stay at SSR again, I am so asking for the The Springs section again. I loved how close it was, too.

She is very soft, too. DD loves her !! All of those Disney pillow pets are super soft and cuddly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Those chicken nuggets look really good! It looks like a really good portion of them too!
I think the menu says eight, but I am sure we had more than that. And they were right out of the fryer, so they were very warm and salty and tasty.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #71
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I always make the stupid mistake of reading your updates in the morning on my phone before I go to work, and then I forget to respond to them later. Der!

Seriously, you can't beat that $399 deal for the AP. I'm getting my voucher for July at the end of this month so I can score the deal too.

Well, there's ALWAYS something to buy over at World of Disney.

Great choice on the Vanellope doll. She's pretty awesome.

Shocking choice those chicken fingers.

I haven't been to Disney Quest in forever. We used to go on every trip, but stopped on more recent ones.

That tree and those garlands at DTD were really pretty when they were lit up at night. We did see them when we were there at night.

One of my favorite parts of Disney Quest is the section with the old school games. I just love living out my childhood again.

Those Astroblasters are definitely fun. They always make me laugh when you get blasted by a ball.

Pirates is the best! I would wait in line just for that ride. It's so much fun. Back in the day, we actually had a Disneyquest in Chicago. My friends and I had AP's there, and we used to go all the time. Pirates was the game of choice for us.

Uh oh, boo to a swollen ankle!

I'm not gonna lie, I so want a pillow pet. So so badly.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #72
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

OMG. There is a LADY pillow pet? I DID NOT KNOW THIS. I've been wanting a Disney pillow pet for ages and now I know which one I want!

Love the Saratoga pics! Those house made chips sound so good!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #73
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I always make the stupid mistake of reading your updates in the morning on my phone before I go to work, and then I forget to respond to them later. Der!

I do that sometimes, too !!

Seriously, you can't beat that $399 deal for the AP. I'm getting my voucher for July at the end of this month so I can score the deal too.

It really is a great deal. I had to ask the DVC person a couple of times if that price was really right.

Well, there's ALWAYS something to buy over at World of Disney.

Always. It is easy to lose control of your pocketbook in there.

Great choice on the Vanellope doll. She's pretty awesome.

She says the funniest things, too. At one point she goes "Doi !!" And I laugh every time.

Shocking choice those chicken fingers.

Yeah, I know. My kids - they really step outside the box.

I haven't been to Disney Quest in forever. We used to go on every trip, but stopped on more recent ones.

I could take it or leave it. DH and the kids really enjoyed it though. If DH will take them and give me the choice of NOT going ?? I wouldn't go.

That tree and those garlands at DTD were really pretty when they were lit up at night. We did see them when we were there at night.

Yes, they were modern and interesting. I bet they were really neat all lit up at night.

One of my favorite parts of Disney Quest is the section with the old school games. I just love living out my childhood again.

Yes, I could lose my mind over Pac Man again if I had the time. I loved that game !!

Those Astroblasters are definitely fun. They always make me laugh when you get blasted by a ball.

DD was driving, so we didn't go very far. But it was fun. It is LOUD when you get hit with a ball. We laughed, too !!

Pirates is the best! I would wait in line just for that ride. It's so much fun. Back in the day, we actually had a Disneyquest in Chicago. My friends and I had AP's there, and we used to go all the time. Pirates was the game of choice for us.

Now, I wish we would have waited in line for that. I will have to tell the kids about it so they can see it next time.

Uh oh, boo to a swollen ankle!

Seriously, this thing still hurts so bad. It is exhausting. Lots of icing on that trip. Even with the scooter it was huge at the end of the day.

I'm not gonna lie, I so want a pillow pet. So so badly.
The pillow pets really are cute. I like hte Dumbo ones. And they are so super soft. I think you should get one.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #74
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
OMG. There is a LADY pillow pet? I DID NOT KNOW THIS. I've been wanting a Disney pillow pet for ages and now I know which one I want!

Love the Saratoga pics! Those house made chips sound so good!
Yes, there is a Lady pillow pet. And she is cute and cuddly. Get you one !!

Thanks !! I like the chips. The kids prefer french fries. Whatevs.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:38 AM   #75
MEK
DIS Veteran

That lady pillow is so cute. Do they have an Eeyore?

I have to agree that the studio size seems small. In fact, so does the bedroom area of the one and 2 BR. Have you stayed in an OKW studio? We stayed in one last December (3 of us) and it was so nicely sized. It worked out great for DH, me, and my younger son.

I'm not sure how anyone can swim when it's 60 degrees out, but more power to her. Hot tub - yes please! Pool - No way!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: