Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #46
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyroxy40 View Post
the horse in one of the pillows looks like the horse from home on the range he also was a main charachter in the movie
We are pretty sure one of Maximums for sure. Not a 100% on the other one, though. Some of the people have said it was the horse from Mulan, and other have said they are pretty sure it Philippe from Beauty and the Beast. And now you have presented and equally plausible candidate. I might need to research it more and find out who it really is. A quick Google search didn't really provide me with an answer, so I will have to dig more to find out. Very interesting .... :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Subbing in. Thanks for the notice!!
YAY !! I am so glad you stopped by !!
Old 12-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #47
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Gosh, it is hard to explain. They have these kind of recliner chairs that you sit in and they bump you all around and sort of twist and turn. All of these movements coincide with the video that you choose to "ride". It isn't as virtual as Soarin'. You don't even need to be strapped into the seat. You do need to hang on at times, though. We chose a couple of different "rides", and then some people were waiting, so we needed to let them have a turn. I think they had about four of these and each one seats two people. But I thought it was pretty neat.

The Buzz Bumper thing was fun. It would have been more fun if there was more room to drive around. The space they have is pretty restrictive. Maybe if they even took a car out, there would be ore room. What I thought was kinda cool is they they had all of these balls all over the floor. The bumper car "vacuumed" them up and they would be in a bin inside the car. You would open the bin, get a ball (it's big, about 10-12 inches in diameter) and put it in a blaster and you could shoot it at the other cars. So you need a driver and a person to do the blasters. You can't do both.

I think we needed to ride it a couple of times to really get the hang of it and for it to be MORE fun, but we only tried it once. It was pretty cool though.
Well you did a good job explaining it! Thanks! That sounds really cool, especially the bumper thing! If you didn't have the premium AP, would you say it was worth it to go?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #48
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Well you did a good job explaining it! Thanks! That sounds really cool, especially the bumper thing! If you didn't have the premium AP, would you say it was worth it to go?
GAH !! I just don't know !! If I were you, I would add the Water Parks and More option to your MYW tickets and do it then. That way you still have the water parks to do as well. Personally, I wouldn't pay $44 a person to go again. But now that we have unlimited visits for a year, we will go back for sure.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #49
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I AM HERE!!!!! And loving it so far!

I have to ask, what floor were you on in the studio at SSR? Just curious…

I have to say, the Vanellope doll is a little scary

THE BACON WRAPPED MEATLOAF, COME TO ME. Omgee, it looks INCREDIBLE.

Some of the stuff at Disney Quest looks really cool. I personally am not a fan of video games, but some of the stuff sounds awesome!
Old 12-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #50
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I AM HERE!!!!! And loving it so far!

I have to ask, what floor were you on in the studio at SSR? Just curious…

I have to say, the Vanellope doll is a little scary

THE BACON WRAPPED MEATLOAF, COME TO ME. Omgee, it looks INCREDIBLE.

Some of the stuff at Disney Quest looks really cool. I personally am not a fan of video games, but some of the stuff sounds awesome!
Yay !! I am so happy you stopped by Meg !!

We were on the third floor that first night in a studio and then again on the third floor across the little pond in the 1 BR for the remainder of our trip. I'm gonna scream if you say you were right next door to us or something like that .....

Haha - she is a little scary looking, I guess. But DD loves her and is really into her doll. Have you seen the movie yet ??

That meatloaf is super delish. I could just eat an entire plate full of those onion ring thingys. All of is was amazing.

It does have some cool things to see and do.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #51
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I am here.
We are driving in December next year. I cannot wait. I think driving makes it more fun.
Great looking room.
I love the special they put out for DVC members. I have to call this month to get a voucher for next year.
I had that meatloaf this past trip and it was so good.
We have never gone to Disneyquest but we will check it out next time. Looks like fun.
Looking forward to more.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #52
LifeIsDis

Quote:

We were on the third floor that first night in a studio and then again on the third floor across the little pond in the 1 BR for the remainder of our trip. I'm gonna scream if you say you were right next door to us or something like that .....

We were in the same studio you had!

Have you seen the movie yet?
Yes I did and I loved it!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #53
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I am here.
We are driving in December next year. I cannot wait. I think driving makes it more fun.
Great looking room.
I love the special they put out for DVC members. I have to call this month to get a voucher for next year.
I had that meatloaf this past trip and it was so good.
We have never gone to Disneyquest but we will check it out next time. Looks like fun.
Looking forward to more.
Hey Scott !! So glad you could make it !!

But driving from NY - that is a LONG way.

Yes definitely need to get that voucher. Best AP deal ever !!

Yes, that meatloaf is super yummy.

Might was well if you have the premium AP.

Quote:
Yes I did and I loved it!
You had the same studio ??? For realz ?? Did you get our bottle of wine we left for you ?? DH was so bummed to have left it and we were wondering if the cleaning lady got it. I bet you were glad we checked out of that room so early that morning ...

Yes, that movie was great. We want to go back and see it again !!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #54
LifeIsDis

Quote:
You had the same studio ??? For realz ?? Did you get our bottle of wine we left for you ?? DH was so bummed to have left it and we were wondering if the cleaning lady got it. I bet you were glad we checked out of that room so early that morning ...
Well, now that I go back into my journal and my pictures, I see that we had room 4347. But, our room looked EXACTLY the same and we had the same view!
I guess not because we didn't have a bottle of wine in our fridge
Old 12-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #55
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, now that I go back into my journal and my pictures, I see that we had room 4347. But, our room looked EXACTLY the same and we had the same view!
I guess not because we didn't have a bottle of wine in our fridge
We were in the building across from yours for our first night, but the next three we were in 4303, so we were on the same floor - wow - so close !!
Old 12-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #56
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I've never been to DQ, but it seems like a fun activity for the kids! I really want to see Wreck-It Ralph - it looks really cute!
Old 12-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #58
LifeIsDis

Quote:
We were in the building across from yours for our first night, but the next three we were in 4303, so we were on the same floor - wow - so close !!
Oooooooh, I see!
Wow, I can't believe we were so close to each other!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #59
MEK
DIS Veteran

All caught up!

First of all - yeah that your ankle is healing so well. I know its a very slow process, but it sounds like you are really on the mend.

Second - I really like the studio refurb at SSR. It's been several years since we've stayed there and that furniture was getting so tired. I love SSR. I'm not kidding - its so scenic.

Third - yeah for WPE! My brother had that entree in June and loved it.

Fourth - Love all the Christmas decorations. It makes me hope that there is a little Christmas going on by the time we leave next year on November 4th.

Fifth - yeah for starting off the PAP by going to DQ. I would love to go there this summer. It's a great reprieve from the heat.

And finally - it must be something about chemical people - my DH is a chemical engineer and I would describe him the same way you described your DH - he pretends to tolerate my Disney obsession but DOES secretly love it. When I suggested that we change the dates of next's year trip (which is on his birthday), he got quite upset.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #60
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

Found your TR !!

You are off to a good start !!!
I LOOOVE the waffles at waffle house. don't have any near by only when we go south. Yes, they are ALWAYS DIRTY.
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: