Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #31
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Ahhh, having AP's must be the best thing ever!

OMG, I love Wreck-it Ralph so much! (I mean, just look at my new avatar picture thingy!) Your DD made a good choice!

-Marissa
Old 11-30-2012, 05:06 AM   #32
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

That's an awesome AP deal!!!

Love WPE! Your lunch there looks great! DF would go nuts for that meatloaf!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #33
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post

This was the view from our balcony at SSR...sort of. You'd need to be looking through the needles of a pine tree for it to be the exact view. It was lovely nevertheless.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #34
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Ahhh, having AP's must be the best thing ever!

OMG, I love Wreck-it Ralph so much! (I mean, just look at my new avatar picture thingy!) Your DD made a good choice!
AP's are the best !! That first initial purchase was pricey, but you can't beat the renewal rates. Especially if you are a DVC owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
That's an awesome AP deal!!!

Love WPE! Your lunch there looks great! DF would go nuts for that meatloaf!
We were and still are thrilled at the deal they offered. It makes us appreciate DVC even more.

That meatloaf is soooo good. Like I said, it never disappoints. Sooo yummy !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
This was the view from our balcony at SSR...sort of. You'd need to be looking through the needles of a pine tree for it to be the exact view. It was lovely nevertheless.
Did you stay in Congress Park ?? We stayed there last time and we liked the view of DTD. We requested it this time, but something was available in the Springs, so we took that. And we decided we liked that location better. It was so much closer to everything. The only thing that I can say that might be somewhat negative was being the last stop on the bus. Otherwise, we loved our location !!!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #35
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – Part 4

So we headed over to Disney Quest to check it out. Of course I took a bunch of photos along the way.

This was a neat Christmas Tree, I thought !

These garlands seemed to match the tree. I imagine they were really neat all lit up at night.

This was the Phineas and Ferb thing they had going on while we were there. DD wanted to do it, but we never got the chance.

We got to Disney Quest and went in.

Wreck-it Ralph !! If you haven't seen this movie, you must go !! We just loved it !!

They had a Fix-it Felix game

This level had a lot of the old school games. Galaga, Pac-Man, Dig Dug, etc.

DS and DH played these games while DD and I waited in line for the bumper cars.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #36
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Bumper cars??!! Where the heck are there bumper cars??!? Ok we may have to burn a WPF&M option and go back to DQ. I do really like the old school games. You can find a Galaga machine most anywhere, but Joust.. Not so much. Did they have a Tron?
Old 11-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #37
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Bumper cars??!! Where the heck are there bumper cars??!? Ok we may have to burn a WPF&M option and go back to DQ. I do really like the old school games. You can find a Galaga machine most anywhere, but Joust.. Not so much. Did they have a Tron?
I don't know. I didn't pay much attention to the old school games because DD and I were in line for the bumper cars which are right behind the old school games. I will add that DQ was not a very scooter friendly place, so I waited in the corner a good bit to be out of everyone's way. I am certain I dipped into my pain pill stash by then as well. Having my leg down most of the day had caused to swell and it hurt pretty bad. So some of it was a little "blurry" for me. DH and the kids really enjoyed it, though.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #38
archdandy
DIS Veteran

The AP deal for DVC owners really was an awesome deal! I was so jealous that I wasn't DVC when it came out Disney Quest looks like it would be something my DH would enjoy so far. I'm hoping on our next trip we can go now that they add two tickets to the regular packages.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
Old 11-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #39
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
The AP deal for DVC owners really was an awesome deal! I was so jealous that I wasn't DVC when it came out Disney Quest looks like it would be something my DH would enjoy so far. I'm hoping on our next trip we can go now that they add two tickets to the regular packages.
My DH and the kids really enjoyed Disney Quest. But since I couldn't walk, it was really hard for me to get around in there. It really had some neat things to do and see. The kids can't wait to go back. Maybe I will enjoy it more when I am more mobile.

I agree that the DVC renewal deal was one of the best deals I have ever seen. We saved a good bit of money on souvenirs, too, since you get 20% off of your purchases with a premium pass.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #40
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Part 5

Disney Quest had a bumper car ride called Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters

It was pretty fun. I would suggest doing it more than once. It takes a few times to get the hang of it.

Here is DD getting strapped in to the bumper car.

After that, we headed over to another room and played some more games.

This place has five levels, so there is tons to do.

This was called Pinball Slam

But we didnt get the chance to do it. It looked very interesting though.

They had these games that were kind of like virtual reality rides. There was something like 15 different scenes you could do. It made you feel like you were on the actual ride. Some were better than others. They were really neat.

Our next stop was the Virtual Jungle Cruise.

This was really fun.

DH and DD went up top there to do the Aladdins Magic Carpet Ride.

DH really enjoyed this. Said it was really cool. But it could make you dizzy.

Pirates of the Caribbean

We didnt get to this one either, but it looked intriguing.

These were very popular.

Next, the kids wanted to do the Cyber Space Mountain. DH took them while I waited.

Here was another section. I seemed geared towards smaller kids.

They had an Animators Class, too just like at Hollywood Studios. I wanted to do it, but there wasnt an empty seat.

DH and the kids were taking a while at Cyber Space Mountain, so I got some random photos.

After the kids got done with the Cyber Space Mountain, I needed a rest.

We were supposed to meet my BFF Pixie Princess at Hollywood Studios that night to see the Osborne Lights.

I took some gift shop photos

After that, we hopped the boat back to SSR to get some rest.

Last edited by jecskc; 12-01-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #41
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the heads up; I'm here and I'll be back later today to catch up.

RIP Genie
Old 12-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #42
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

So this may be a silly question but what do the virtual rides feel like? Are they supposed to be like the real thing? The Buzz Bumper thing looked fun!

-Marissa
Old 12-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #43
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Thanks for the heads up; I'm here and I'll be back later today to catch up.
Yay !! I am so happy you are here !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
So this may be a silly question but what do the virtual rides feel like? Are they supposed to be like the real thing? The Buzz Bumper thing looked fun!
Gosh, it is hard to explain. They have these kind of recliner chairs that you sit in and they bump you all around and sort of twist and turn. All of these movements coincide with the video that you choose to "ride". It isn't as virtual as Soarin'. You don't even need to be strapped into the seat. You do need to hang on at times, though. We chose a couple of different "rides", and then some people were waiting, so we needed to let them have a turn. I think they had about four of these and each one seats two people. But I thought it was pretty neat.

The Buzz Bumper thing was fun. It would have been more fun if there was more room to drive around. The space they have is pretty restrictive. Maybe if they even took a car out, there would be ore room. What I thought was kinda cool is they they had all of these balls all over the floor. The bumper car "vacuumed" them up and they would be in a bin inside the car. You would open the bin, get a ball (it's big, about 10-12 inches in diameter) and put it in a blaster and you could shoot it at the other cars. So you need a driver and a person to do the blasters. You can't do both.

I think we needed to ride it a couple of times to really get the hang of it and for it to be MORE fun, but we only tried it once. It was pretty cool though.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #44
foxyroxy40
Earning My Ears

horse pillows

the horse in one of the pillows looks like the horse from home on the range he also was a main charachter in the movie
Old 12-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #45
MEK
DIS Veteran

Subbing in. Thanks for the notice!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: