Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #16
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Great start! I love all of the SSR pictures, it looks like such a lovely resort!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 11-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #17
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm in! Great start! I love all of the SSR pictures, it looks like such a lovely resort!
Hey Jen !! Thanks so much for joining in. We love all of the Disney resorts and SSR didn't disappoint. It was lovely, quiet and comfortable. And we love how close it is to DTD.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #18
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Your room at SSR looks so nice! I love how bright it is!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #19
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your room at SSR looks so nice! I love how bright it is!
It was good for the one night. I don't think I would have wanted to stay there for a whole week. Just because it was kinda cramped with all of us. We switched to a 1 bedroom the next day and it had lots more space. I have pictures !!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #20
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

One of the horses is Maximus from Tangled. We were dismayed he was not represented in all the horse portraits in the lobby. The other I'm pretty sure is Phillipe from Beauty and the Beast.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #21
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
One of the horses is Maximus from Tangled. We were dismayed he was not represented in all the horse portraits in the lobby. The other I'm pretty sure is Phillipe from Beauty and the Beast.
I didn't think about Phillipe. Maximus is the most famous, I think. Had the biggest "horsey" role out of all of them.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #22
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Saratoga looks beautiful! OMG-those pillows are brilliant. Phillipe and Maximus are some of the best Disney horses!

-Marissa
Old 11-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #23
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm here Susan!!! I can't wait to hear about everything. It was so nice to meet you when we were down there.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #24
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Saratoga looks beautiful! OMG-those pillows are brilliant. Phillipe and Maximus are some of the best Disney horses!
It is a very beautiful and peaceful resort. They are !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm here Susan!!! I can't wait to hear about everything. It was so nice to meet you when we were down there.
Hey Danielle !! I was so happy to meet you, too !! Wasn't Epcot crazy crowded that day ?? I hope your lunch at Via Napoli was good !! I will post our pictures when I get to that part. You post yours, too !! Since DS took ours, I am not sure mine came out so well.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #25
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I am in!!!

You need to save that pic of your son sleeping to embarass him someday! It is funny.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 11-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #27
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
It was good for the one night. I don't think I would have wanted to stay there for a whole week. Just because it was kinda cramped with all of us. We switched to a 1 bedroom the next day and it had lots more space. I have pictures !!
I can't imagine how cramped y'all felt. I felt cramped, and it was just me and DD! I didn't feel near as cramped over AoA. I really did like having the little kitchenette though. It was good for a the short time we were there. I think I'd prefer a 1 BR with the full kitchen for a whole week though.

I was just kind of meh about SSR, but for $8 a point, I would absolutely stay there again.

Last edited by Pixie Princess; 11-29-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #28
archdandy
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in! I'm so sorry about your foot and I hope it didn't bother you too much on your trip. Saratoga Springs looks like a really beautiful resort. I don't see many people staying there so its refreshing to see one of the lesser used resorts. Is SSR your home resort?

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
Old 11-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #29
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
I can't imagine how cramped y'all felt. I felt cramped, and it was just me and DD! I didn't feel near as cramped over AoA. I really did like having the little kitchenette though. It was good for a the short time we were there. I think I'd prefer a 1 BR with the full kitchen for a whole week though.

I was just kind of meh about SSR, but for $8 a point, I would absolutely stay there again.
I knew we would feel a little cramped, but it was just for that one night, to we were OK with it. OKW's studio feels much larger to me. Maybe the SSR rooms are a tad smaller.

$8 a point is a good deal. I want to see your pics of AoA !!!

I understand that you would feel meh about it. I don't mind staying there and i really like it, but if something else is available, I am definitely staying somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
I'm joining in! I'm so sorry about your foot and I hope it didn't bother you too much on your trip. Saratoga Springs looks like a really beautiful resort. I don't see many people staying there so its refreshing to see one of the lesser used resorts. Is SSR your home resort?
Thanks for stopping by !! My ankle injury was BAD and it still hurts a lot. Very slow to heal. But I will get there. Little by little. Today was my fist day to be without the walking boot, so progress is being made.

SSR is very beautiful and peaceful. So if you are visiting during a busy time and want to get away from the frantic pace of the parks, SSR is a good choice. It is our home resort.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #30
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – Part 3

After getting our things settled, our first order of business was to catch the boat to Downtown Disney.

We had renewed our annual passes and the DVC renewal this year was a great deal. We were able to get a Premium Annual Pass for only about $15 more than the renewal rate of the DVC AP which was $385. We were so pleased with this and the kids were very excited to have unlimited use of water parks and Disney Quest for the entire year. We needed to go to Guest Services to retrieve them.

So we took a lovely boat ride to Downtown Disney

Downtown Disney

Our first stop was Guest Services and it didn’t take much time at all to get our tickets. Then the kids wanted to shop, so DD and I went over to Once Upon A Toy, but didn’t see anything she wanted, so we looked over at World of Disney.

DD really loved the movie Wreck-it Ralph and when she saw this Vanellope doll, she had to have it. She had a gift card so she used some of the money to get it.

I saw this train I wanted to put around the Christmas Tree.

And I would have gotten it, too if I didn’t truly believe the dog would destroy it like she does everything else.

DS and DH went over to the Lego store and DS got this with his money.

Some more DTD photos.

We headed over to our favorite spot for lunch.

And had the usual lunch we always get.

DH and I shared ….

Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf - mashed potatoes, port wine sauce and crispy onion rings $15

We get this every time we go and it never disappoints. The onion rings are crispy and full of flavor and the meat loaf is excellent along with the mashed potatoes and sauce. It is so good.

The kids went with their old standby of Chicken fingers and French fries.

These are standard fare but very good and the kids enjoyed them.
DH and I shared the Cheesecake

And the DD got a brownie and DS got a cookie

After that, we headed over to Disney Quest. The kids have always wanted to go there and now that we had our new passes, we could. They were so excited !!

Last edited by jecskc; 12-01-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: