Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #256
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #257
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Thanks Kathy !!! To you and yours as well !!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-24-2012, 05:49 AM   #258
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I'm sad to see your TR come to an end already!!! As always, I loved following along with your adventures! It sounds like you had a great MK day to close out the trip!
Old 12-24-2012, 06:48 AM   #259
MEK
DIS Veteran

Caught up on your last couple updates!

What a great morning/afternoon in the MK. You really got to hit up a lot of attractions and kudos to your DS for riding Space 4 times. He must have loved that. Not sure if I could handle that though!

Gaston - he really is quite the pompous character, isn't he?

I love your pictures of the new Fantasyland. I still have to edit all mine.

Love CHH for lunch. One of my favorite QS places.

Sorry to see another wonderful TR come to an end.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and Happy Holidays!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #260
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm sad to see your TR come to an end already!!! As always, I loved following along with your adventures! It sounds like you had a great MK day to close out the trip!
Thanks Sara !! I am so pleased to have you follow along. I really enjoy your comments and input. We had a great MK day. I had to promise DD that next time we will do MK earlier in the trip. She doesn't like doing it on the last day because we always try to leave early on the last day to get home before midnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Caught up on your last couple updates!

What a great morning/afternoon in the MK. You really got to hit up a lot of attractions and kudos to your DS for riding Space 4 times. He must have loved that. Not sure if I could handle that though!

Gaston - he really is quite the pompous character, isn't he?

I love your pictures of the new Fantasyland. I still have to edit all mine.

Love CHH for lunch. One of my favorite QS places.

Sorry to see another wonderful TR come to an end.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and Happy Holidays!
We really did have a great MK day. Last year the crowds were minimal on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Seriously, it was empty. It was more crowded this year, but still very manageable. Yes, I am not sure I would have been able to ride it four times either. It is just so bumpy !!

Gaston was hilarious. We really enjoyed our interaction with him.

I can't wait for the coaster to be finished so I can get photos without construction walls.

CHH is always a win for us. We all eat well there.

We have another trip coming up soon, so I hope you will follow along when we get back.

I hope you have a great holiday as well. Just laying around in my jammies today and baking cookies with the kids.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #261
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

Just disappointed Jerry didn't take more photos....
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL
Old 12-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #263
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Your DS seems like a lot of fun. I'd be right there with him taking all the fast passes and riding SM repeatedly!! Always a shame when a trip comes to an end.

I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #264
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Your DS seems like a lot of fun. I'd be right there with him taking all the fast passes and riding SM repeatedly!! Always a shame when a trip comes to an end.

I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!
He did say three times in a row on RnR was enough though. SM is just too bumpy for me.

It is always a shame when a trip ends.

I hope you all have a great Christmas, too !!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #265
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Closing Thoughts

This was our second time staying at Saratoga Springs and we really enjoyed staying there. This resort is very quiet and peaceful. It feels removed from the craziness of the parks and busier resorts, so if you are looking for a more relaxed feel for your Disney trip, give SSR a try. It is very close to Downtown Disney and we thought that was convenient. Especially since we are armed with the new DVC premium pass which allows us unlimited water park access and Disney Quest. We didnít get to the water parks this trip because it was cooler weather, but the kids enjoyed Disney Quest.

Thanksgiving was busy and crowded, but we never felt like we waited long for anything because we planned ahead, used FPís to our advantage and the kids rode in the single rider line when they could. So, the crowds didnít bother us a bit. I loved being at Disney during Thanksgiving and I would do it again in a minute. Everything is decorated so beautifully for Christmas. I really enjoyed seeing all of the decorations and the characters in their Christmas outfits.

The two special Christmas things we did while we were there were seeing the Osborne Lights and Cinderellaís Wish. The Osborne Lights are simply mind blowing. Millions of lights all blinking to holiday tunes. Disney has snow machines running so you get that extra Christmas-y feel to it. If you ever get the chance to see them, donít miss it. It is mind blowing. Cinderellaís Wish is the daily lighting of the Christmas lights on Cinderellaís castle. I was so happy to see this magical moment. I hope to see it again in my lifetime. It is really special.

A couple of things we missed were the Christmas themed fireworks and the storytellers in Epcot. These two things are a must do when we get back there during the Christmas season. We did get to see Chinaís storyteller and that intrigued us enough to get back and see the rest.

Thanks to everyone who followed along and especially to those of you who took the time to stop in and say hello. I have really enjoyed your friendship and comraderie. We have another trip planned for January to use up DVC points that will expire at the end of January. Plus, it will be my birthday and who doesnít want to celebrate their birthday at Disney?? So I hope you will follow along when I get that TR started. Stay tuned for the last part of this trilogy Ė Scooter Mom, The Final Chapter !!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #266
MEK
DIS Veteran

Nice wrap up to your TR. I have to say that I share your feelings about SSR. I think it is such a fabulously relaxing resort and so aesthetically pleasing. I have been so busy trying to stay other places, that I have not stayed in the regular resort area for awhile. I do wish the points to stay there were just a tad lower. for example, I think OKW is such an awesome bargain and I know I would stay at SSR more if it were the same points at OKW. I also think that AKL standard is an awesome point bargain. So, when I need to save I look at those resorts and when I have enough points I look at the others. Somehow, that leaves SSR out of the loop. But soon. I'll be back soon.

How wonderful that you have points to use for one more trip. And, you are right - spending your BD there is the best!

We have the PAP's to activate in June and I know we will hit a water park at least once. I am also hoping to hit a WP in October and then I'd like to get one more trip in for spring of 2014. Maybe we will even go to Disney Quest - you never know!

Thanks again for a great TR!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #267
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Another fantastic trip report! Can't wait to read about January!

Continued good healing...as much as I like the scooter theme, I'm sure you would rather be walking.

Jill in CO
Old 12-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #268
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I LOVE all of your pictures of New Fantasyland. We went at night so I didnít get many good pictures.

The Haunted Mansion ♥

The Tomorrowland trees are AWESOME.

Mickey pretzel! NOMS.

Disney caramel corn, COME TO ME.

Itís OVER?! Good thing you are going back next month! Even though I am a little jealousÖ

I really enjoyed this, Susan, and I canít wait for your next TR!: goodvibes
Old 12-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #269
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Nice wrap up to your TR. I have to say that I share your feelings about SSR. I think it is such a fabulously relaxing resort and so aesthetically pleasing. I have been so busy trying to stay other places, that I have not stayed in the regular resort area for awhile. I do wish the points to stay there were just a tad lower. for example, I think OKW is such an awesome bargain and I know I would stay at SSR more if it were the same points at OKW. I also think that AKL standard is an awesome point bargain. So, when I need to save I look at those resorts and when I have enough points I look at the others. Somehow, that leaves SSR out of the loop. But soon. I'll be back soon.

The whole points thing can be so tricky. We enjoy OKW as well. It has a similar laid back and relaxed feel that SSR does. We are looking forward to staying at some new places this next year though.

How wonderful that you have points to use for one more trip. And, you are right - spending your BD there is the best!

I can always get DH to agree to a trip to use up points. He hates the thought of losing the points. Plus, the kids have a holiday that weekend.

We have the PAP's to activate in June and I know we will hit a water park at least once. I am also hoping to hit a WP in October and then I'd like to get one more trip in for spring of 2014. Maybe we will even go to Disney Quest - you never know!

It is really a good deal. I was disappointed to discover that the discount got bumped back to 10%. I guess Disney found out that was casting them too much money.

Thanks again for a great TR!

Thanks so much for reading along. I hope to see you next time !!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #270
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Another fantastic trip report! Can't wait to read about January!

Continued good healing...as much as I like the scooter theme, I'm sure you would rather be walking.

Jill in CO
Thanks so much for reading along, Jill !! The ankle continues to heal but progress is VERY slow. I would rather be walking, but going even half a block is still difficult so I will need the scooter again this trip. We have a trip over Spring Break that I hope to be able to be walking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I LOVE all of your pictures of New Fantasyland. We went at night so I didnít get many good pictures.

Yes !! We loved it. I can't wait for that coaster to be finished so we can see it without the construction walls. So far, however, it is stunning.

The Haunted Mansion ♥

I know, right ? What is not to love ??

The Tomorrowland trees are AWESOME.

They are so cool and futuristic. I love them.

Mickey pretzel! NOMS.

Disney caramel corn, COME TO ME.

Disney food is the best. And I know everyone here agrees that it tastes better if it is Mickey Shaped.

Itís OVER?! Good thing you are going back next month! Even though I am a little jealousÖ

I really enjoyed this, Susan, and I canít wait for your next TR!: goodvibes
Yes, it is over. Very sad. But I have three weeks to stalk every one else's TR's before we go back.

I enjoy yours as well. Looking forward to reading more of your sassy hilarity.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: