Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #241
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 5 – Part 3

After seeing Ariel in her grotto, we explored the area a little more. Entrance to Ariel’s grotto.

More Ariel

Construction on the new coaster progresses.

DH and DS decided to ride Splash Mountain while they were over there. DD wanted to ride the Barnstormer so we headed over to Storybook Circus.

She hopped in line for the coaster while I cruised around and took photos.

We checked out the new gift shop.

I am now kicking myself for not taking the opportunity to see Goofy, Donald and Minnie in their fortune teller outfits. Or whatever it is they wear at this meet and greet. Oh well ….. next time.

We head back over towards Gaston’s Tavern to meet up with DH and DS.

We saw Gaston out doing meet and greets and he was hilarious.

He was so full of himself and I was giggling as I was taking photos. He said to me, “I KNOW !! I am so incredible !!” Or something like that.

He said and did all kinds of hilarious things that I can't remember now. I need to start writing this stuff down when it happens.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #242
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Susan.

I love that whole new area...they did a great job.

I didn't know Goofy, etc., were doing meet and greets in that area.

We did not see Gaston when we were there...we went early so maybe he hadn't come out yet? I've heard he is really great.

RIP Genie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #243
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I'll have pictures of Goofy and Donald later... I love the theming at Storybook Circus, but it is kind of disappointing to not be able to see a "normal" Goofy, Donald, Daisy and Minnie at the MK.

I loved just hanging out near Gaston and just listening to his interactions. He was great!

But then again, he already knows it.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #244
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Susan.

I love that whole new area...they did a great job.

I didn't know Goofy, etc., were doing meet and greets in that area.

We did not see Gaston when we were there...we went early so maybe he hadn't come out yet? I've heard he is really great.
Thanks Kathy !!

They really did. I can't wait until the coaster is ready.

Yep, inside that souvenir shop Big Top Souvenirs is an area called Pete's Silly Sideshow and "features side-by-side-by-side-by-side character greetings with the following familiar faces in new roles: Minnie Magnifique (Minnie Mouse as a circus star), Madame Daisy Fortuna (Daisy Duck as a fortune teller), The Great Goofini (Goofy as a stunt pilot) and The Astounding Donaldo (Donald Duck as a snake charmer)." We are definitely checking that out next time for sure.

Gaston was hilarious !! Definitely need to see him if you can. At least just hang around and watch him interact with people ....
Old 12-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #245
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'll have pictures of Goofy and Donald later... I love the theming at Storybook Circus, but it is kind of disappointing to not be able to see a "normal" Goofy, Donald, Daisy and Minnie at the MK.

I loved just hanging out near Gaston and just listening to his interactions. He was great!

But then again, he already knows it.
Yes, I need to go check your updates. I like their different outfits.

He is seriously funny.

Yes ....... I KNOW !!!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #246
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

The Ariel areas of New Fantasyland look so nice! You guys got such great character interaction that day - Gaston looks hilarious!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #247
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
The Ariel areas of New Fantasyland look so nice! You guys got such great character interaction that day - Gaston looks hilarious!
I can't wait to see it all completely finished. It will be so spectacular !! Even when we go in January, it will be more finished. Always something new to see. Now, if they will just get started on Carsland at HS.

Gaston was hilarious. That guy had his character spot on !!
Old 12-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #248
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Sorry I haven't commented in a few days, but I'm trying REALLY hard not to look at any pictures of New Fantasyland until I can see it in person! So yeah, I've had to skip a few updates! I'm sorry! I'm still here though hahaha.

-Marissa
Old 12-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #249
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Sorry I haven't commented in a few days, but I'm trying REALLY hard not to look at any pictures of New Fantasyland until I can see it in person! So yeah, I've had to skip a few updates! I'm sorry! I'm still here though hahaha.
I am glad you are still here !! I understand you wanting to be surprised. Since the photos are everywhere, I imagine it is so hard not to look. When do you go back ??
Old 12-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #250
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 5 – Part 4

We met up with DH and DS and headed back over towards Fontierland to ride BTMRR.

I wanted to see Enchanted Tales with Belle, but the line was crazy. Again …next time !! Some last photos of Fantaslyland ….

Then we were at BTMRR.

I forgot that we got HC entry onto this ride. But it is a longer way to walk than I like with a bad ankle. So we all rode once together. Then DH and the kids used the fast passes to ride again.

Then we headed back towards Liberty Square

And the Haunted Mansion

So we rode and it was awesome as usual. Instead of becoming the thousandth guest, we decided to ride Peter Pan and then we were hungry so we went to Columbia Harbor House.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #251
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 5  Part 5

After riding Haunted Mansion we were hungry so we went to lunch at:

DH and DD ran to get FPs for Space Mountain. DD rode the tea cups on the way. DS and I got food. Which is really hard to do in a scooter. A gentleman in line noticed us struggling with it and helped us carry it to our table. I was very thankful to have his help.

We had our usual that works for us. DH, DS and I all got the shrimp platter.

DD had Chicken  I know  shocker.

DH and I had the apple cobbler.

DD and DS had the chocolate cake

After lunch we headed over to Space Mountain.

None of were feeling riding it except for DS, so he took all of our fastpasses and rode four times.

DH, DD and I took a turn on the Peoplemover. Also known as the Blue Train in our family

DH and DD rode Astro Orbiter

And then DS was done with his many rides on Space Mountain and the three of them went to do Stitch.

I love these trees in Tomorrowland

We were all winding down and we wanted to get on the road so we wouldnt have to battle too much traffic so we got some snacks.

I got a Mickey pretzel

DD got some popcorn

DS got a root beer float.

After that, we decided to head out. So we went out and caught a bus back to SSR. This took forever and I had to listen to DH moan about how long it was taking. We finally made it back to SSR and I turned the scooter back in. We got some last minute goodies before we left.

We all bundled into the car, we gassed up at the Hess station and then we headed home. Another successful Disney trip !!

Stay tuned for the last part of this trilogy  Scooter Mom, The Final Chapter !!

Last edited by jecskc; 12-24-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #252
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Finished already?! Fun TR, as usual! So forgive me, but it's been a busy/long weekend... when you say 'stay tuned for the final chapter' do you mean you're gonna continue it on this thread? Are you going on another trip already?

-Marissa
Old 12-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #253
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Finished already?! Fun TR, as usual! So forgive me, but it's been a busy/long weekend... when you say 'stay tuned for the final chapter' do you mean you're gonna continue it on this thread? Are you going on another trip already?
We are going in January and I will still need the scooter to get around. Hopefully, it will be the last time I have to use it ...
Old 12-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #254
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Susan. We love Columbia Harbor House and I always get the shrimp platter...it's very good.

DS rode SM four times in a row? I'd be dying after one ride.

Love the last minute snacks you got before you left for the ride home.

RIP Genie
Old 12-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #255
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Susan. We love Columbia Harbor House and I always get the shrimp platter...it's very good.

DS rode SM four times in a row? I'd be dying after one ride.

Love the last minute snacks you got before you left for the ride home.
Yes, we always enjoy the food there. Always yummy and filling. DH and I often split the shrimp platter. They give you so many it is hard for me to eat it all myself.

I know. I would, too. Or I would need traction from the jerkiness of the ride. He used all four FP's though.

I just love that caramel corn !!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: