Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #226
MEK
DIS Veteran

Oh NO!!!!!! Last Day already? Boo!

Glad the kids enjoyed Disney Quest.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #227
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Is Brown Derby two credits ?? I have never been there. Is that the only lunch that is two credits ?? Just curious.
Yes, I know it is 2 credits for lunch and dinner - I believe it is the only one like that! I've never been there either, but DF's family went there and LOVED it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #228
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia's mom View Post
I hate Clemson...
Another reason why we will BFF's forever !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh NO!!!!!! Last Day already? Boo!

Glad the kids enjoyed Disney Quest.
Yes, but I have 200 photos from that day and there's a lot to talk about, so stay with me !!

The kids loved Disney Quest. Since I was in the scooter, it was hard for me to really enjoy it. But DH didn't seem to mind taking them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yes, I know it is 2 credits for lunch and dinner - I believe it is the only one like that! I've never been there either, but DF's family went there and LOVED it.
I want to try the Deluxe Plan just once. But I doubt we ever will. DH moans about how much food is on the regular DDP. We might try the HBD some day. I think the Yachtsman is the next signature on our list.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #229
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 5 Ė Part 1

We got up and got the car packed. I checked out and then we caught the bus to Magic Kingdom.

For once, we made rope drop. I was excited to finally see the opening show.

The kids were whining about all of the singing and when were we gonna go in ?? Until the train came.

And the characters came out. Then they had their attention.

After the show, we headed in with the masses.

We headed straight to the New Fantasyland.

Gastonís Tavern

Cute bathroom sign

Next up Journey of the Little Mermaid

Old 12-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #230
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Yummy Le Cellier pics! I had that pecan pie in a glass thing too. It was extremely rich, too rich for me!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 12-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #231
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see more pictures of New Fantasyland!!! That bathrooms sign is too cute!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #232
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Wow, I saw that it was a Thanksgiving trip and thought maybe I wasn't too far behind... and here you are posting about the last day.

Just a few comments, the EPCOT Segway tour looks like it would be an absolute blast. Even if your DH didn't exactly take many pictures. I think I'd be a little preoccupied with keeping from running over somebody with the segway to take pictures too. That and I'm sure there was a wealth of knowlege to be gained just by paying attention and taking in the details.

I'm sorry about your ankle, but I'm sure the scooter was a lifesaver. I went in the summer of 2008 after an injury and it was brutal. I'd had surgery to repair a torn achilles tendon in January of that year. When we went to Disney World, I had just been out of a walking boot for a little over a month and what I wouldn't have given for a scooter a few of those days! Even now, being on my feet at the parks all day and walking causes a lot of pain and swelling. I went through a whole bottle of Advil during our trip this year. I hope everything heals properly for you!
Old 12-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #233
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Yummy Le Cellier pics! I had that pecan pie in a glass thing too. It was extremely rich, too rich for me!!
It was very rich. Very delicious, but very rich. I couldn't finish and neither could DH. I would order it again, though !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Can't wait to see more pictures of New Fantasyland!!! That bathrooms sign is too cute!
I have lots more photos !! It was all wonderful. Can't wait to see it again !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Wow, I saw that it was a Thanksgiving trip and thought maybe I wasn't too far behind... and here you are posting about the last day.

Yes, I am posting once a day so I can be finished before our next trip in January.

Just a few comments, the EPCOT Segway tour looks like it would be an absolute blast. Even if your DH didn't exactly take many pictures. I think I'd be a little preoccupied with keeping from running over somebody with the segway to take pictures too. That and I'm sure there was a wealth of knowlege to be gained just by paying attention and taking in the details.

I completely understood why he didn't take photos. He absolutely loved the tour and still talks about how much fun it was.

I'm sorry about your ankle, but I'm sure the scooter was a lifesaver. I went in the summer of 2008 after an injury and it was brutal. I'd had surgery to repair a torn achilles tendon in January of that year. When we went to Disney World, I had just been out of a walking boot for a little over a month and what I wouldn't have given for a scooter a few of those days! Even now, being on my feet at the parks all day and walking causes a lot of pain and swelling. I went through a whole bottle of Advil during our trip this year. I hope everything heals properly for you!
this whole ankle thing has been horrible. And since you had the achilles injury, you kind of know what I am going through. There's no way I could have made it through without the scooter and when we go in January, there will be no way I can do it without the scooter. I am walking much better, but even getting out of the car and walking into a store. Doing my shopping and getting back to the car is trial. So there is no way I can last through even 30 minutes of walking in the parks. Plus, I still have a very pronounced limp.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #234
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 5 Ė Part 2

We headed to ride Journey of the Little Mermaid.

I asked DH to take a lot of photos. He line was moving pretty fast, so eh didnít get much of the details. But here is what he got.

We were worried about taking flash photos on the ride and we usually donít, but EVERYONE else was doing it. So when in Rome Ö..

Those were the best ones he got. Most of them were blurry.

After that, DH and DS went over to get fast passes for BTMRR while DD and I went to see Ariel in her grotto.

Ariel was really great spent a lot of time talking to her. This was really great character interaction. And she was truly beautiful.

After that, we looked around New Fantasyland some more.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #235
MEK
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the phototour of Fantasyland. I have no idea how my pictures turned out because they are on a disc I didn't upload yet. I guess I bet get cracking.

I love that picture of the castle. Very cool angel.

DD looks like she is enjoying her visit with Ariel.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #236
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Glad the kids had a good time at Disney Quest.

Hooray...you made the opening show at the MK. Too funny that the kids had no interest until the characters came out.

I loved the new Fantasyland and really enjoyed the ride.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #237
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Great Fantasyland pics! I actually never got to see the stand by queue for Little Mermaid. It looks like it is as beautiful as advertised!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #238
SoosieQ
Mouseketeer

I am jealous of you seeing the rope drop show at MK. I swore that I was going to do that on my last trip but I never got up early enough to see it. I am definitely a late night person and not an early morning person.

CSR- 9/2014, POP- 5/2014, POR-9/2012, POFQ- 9/2010, POFQ- 9/2009, Caribbean Beach- 12/2008, YC- 9/2007, POR- 9/2005, Contemporary- 9/2004, CSR- 9/2003,
GF- 6/2003, CBR- 5/2001,POR- 9/2000
POR- ?, POR- ?, Off-site many times
Old 12-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #239
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Loving you TR and pics!
Old 12-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #240
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Thank you for the phototour of Fantasyland. I have no idea how my pictures turned out because they are on a disc I didn't upload yet. I guess I bet get cracking.

I love that picture of the castle. Very cool angel.

DD looks like she is enjoying her visit with Ariel.
I have lots more photos - coming up !!!

Thanks. I am pretty sure DH took it.

Ariel was wonderful. She was so funny and so great at interacting witht he kids and really took her time to ask questions and listen. I really loved her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Glad the kids had a good time at Disney Quest.

Hooray...you made the opening show at the MK. Too funny that the kids had no interest until the characters came out.

I loved the new Fantasyland and really enjoyed the ride.
Yes, the kids really like Disney Quest. I am happy that DVC had that offer of the Preium Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Great Fantasyland pics! I actually never got to see the stand by queue for Little Mermaid. It looks like it is as beautiful as advertised!
There was much more to it, but the line was moving so fast, we didn't feel like we could stop to take photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoosieQ View Post
I am jealous of you seeing the rope drop show at MK. I swore that I was going to do that on my last trip but I never got up early enough to see it. I am definitely a late night person and not an early morning person.
We always missed it. Could never make it over there. And finally .... we did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Loving you TR and pics!
I am so glad you are reading along. Thanks for stopping in to say hello !!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: