Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #211
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Two great updates. You got a lot done at the Studios that morning. We never did get to Writer's Shop this trip.

We had a long line for the Great Movie ride too...I was quite surprised.

Your daughter looks adorable with her face painted.

RIP Genie
Old 12-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #212
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Love those carrot cake cookies.

They are so yummy. Someone just posted the recipe on the dining thread. They looked fairly easy to make.

Cute face painting job.

DD loves to get her face painted.

Yum - Le Cellier. Can't wait to hear about that meal.

It was amazing as usual.

Lovely pictures of the world showcase.
Thanks !! I just love the WS. We are staying at Boardwalk on our next trip. So looking forward to being so close to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Two great updates. You got a lot done at the Studios that morning. We never did get to Writer's Shop this trip.

I just love that carrot cake cookie. Sooo yummy !!

We had a long line for the Great Movie ride too...I was quite surprised.

It was very long. But it does move fast. So even though the line seems long, you really don't have to wait. Plus, you have that fabulous movie montage to enjoy while you are waiting.

Your daughter looks adorable with her face painted.

DD loves to get her face painted. And it always turns out so cute.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #213
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 4- Part 4

We checked in for our late lunch ressie at Le Cellier. We were seated after about 10 minutes or so. DH ordered a Moosehead.

The rest of us had soda. We ordered the amazing Cheddar Cheese Soup.

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup - Made with Moosehead Beer and Bacon
Cup $5.49 Bowl $6.99

This stuff so good every time. DH gets a bowl. I just get a cup so I don’t get too full.

Our waitress brought us out some pretzel bread.

We didn’t bother with any of the other bread because we knew all we would eat was the Pretzel bread. So good. This was warm and soft and salty.

Just like it should be.

DS ordered the burger

Le Cellier House Burger - roasted mushrooms, smoked bacon, maple barbecue, Black Diamond Cheddar, and crispy onions, and french fries
$14.99

He ordered it plain. Just bun, cheese and meat. He really liked it, but couldn’t eat it all. So DH and I each had a bite and it was really a good burger. The fries were fantastic. My very favorite kind. Thick and crispy on the outside, but soft and fluffy on the inside. DS didn’t have a problem finishing them and DD might have stolen a few herself.

DH and I both ordered the

Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon - Le Cellier signature dish served with wild mushroom risotto and white truffle butter sauce $27.99

Heaven on a plate y’all !! We loved this. The filet was very tender and delicious.

DD – aka the pickiest child on earth – chose buttered noodles. She about half of them.

For dessert, DD and DS ordered the chocolate moose.

I had this

I have been trying to find a description of it somewhere but I can’t. It was some kind of pecan pie stuffed in this glass with chocolate mousse on top. It was very rich and very delicious. I only managed half and DH had a few bites and really liked it, too. It was a huge portion. I very much enjoyed it.

DH had the Maple Crème Brulee.

He said it was very rich, too. But after he tried mine, he said mine was much more rich. The crème brulee was amazing and he loved it.

We really enjoyed this meal. Our server was amazing and had no trouble using our TiW card for the drinks and extra soups. I can’t tell you how disappointed I am about this restaurant going to 2 credits next year. I feel like we won’t go there when it becomes two credits. As amazing as I think this meal is. I am not sure I think it rates as two credits for lunch.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #214
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Between the carrot cake cookie and the slushie, sounds like you were having an awesome Disney dining day!!!

DD's face painting is so cute! I've never seen one like that before!
Old 12-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #215
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Between the carrot cake cookie and the slushie, sounds like you were having an awesome Disney dining day!!!

DD's face painting is so cute! I've never seen one like that before!
This was an excellent Disney dining day for us !! So many good things.

The original design was yellow tones, bus he asked the person painting to do it in pink and he obliged.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #216
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

MMMMM. PRETZEL BREAD.

I totally agree that Le Cellier shouldn't have gone up to 2-credits. I just don't understand why they felt the need to basically double in price, as far as the dining plan goes at least! It's silly.

-Marissa
Old 12-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #217
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Lunch looks yummy. I'm sorry to see lunch going to 2 credits for those on the dining plan as I don't think it is necssary. We were very disappointed with our dinner there in September 2011 (no substitutes, the steak was not as good as usual), and we had hoped to go back for lunch next year. But after eating at Yachtsman I don't think we'll be going anywhere else for steak but Yachtsman.

But I do LOVE that soup at LeCellier.

RIP Genie
Old 12-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #218
MEK
DIS Veteran

I agree that Le Cellier should not be a two credit lunch, especially if you are ordering a burger.

I haven't eaten there for awhile, but I do love that filet and it really looks SO yummy!

I know they have the BEST creme brulet

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #219
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Lunch looks yummy. I'm sorry to see lunch going to 2 credits for those on the dining plan as I don't think it is necssary. We were very disappointed with our dinner there in September 2011 (no substitutes, the steak was not as good as usual), and we had hoped to go back for lunch next year. But after eating at Yachtsman I don't think we'll be going anywhere else for steak but Yachtsman.

But I do LOVE that soup at LeCellier.
I am sorry your dinner wasn't good. All of our meals there have been fantastic. I have never eaten at Yachtsman, but it is definitely on my Disney bucket list !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I agree that Le Cellier should not be a two credit lunch, especially if you are ordering a burger.

I haven't eaten there for awhile, but I do love that filet and it really looks SO yummy!

I know they have the BEST creme brulet
Yeah, I don't get it. It just seems like a bad move to me, but what do I know.

We really enjoyed our meal there. The filet was perfect as always.

DH really enjoyed the creme brulee. I never pass up a chance to eat chocolate - EVER.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:00 AM   #220
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I get that they probably want a bit of consistency with the LC lunch/dinner credit amount, but I agree that the lunch menu will definitely need an overhaul to warrant 2 credits. Maybe it'll be like the Brown Derby, with one menu for both lunch and dinner?
Old 12-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #221
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
MMMMM. PRETZEL BREAD.

I totally agree that Le Cellier shouldn't have gone up to 2-credits. I just don't understand why they felt the need to basically double in price, as far as the dining plan goes at least! It's silly.
I know, right ??? That pretzel bread is so good.

I see it as an epic fail. But I guess we will see how it goes. They better step up their game for lunch in my opinion. Sigh. If only they had the F&W kiosk year round and we could get our soup fix anytime we wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I get that they probably want a bit of consistency with the LC lunch/dinner credit amount, but I agree that the lunch menu will definitely need an overhaul to warrant 2 credits. Maybe it'll be like the Brown Derby, with one menu for both lunch and dinner?
Is Brown Derby two credits ?? I have never been there. Is that the only lunch that is tow credits ?? Just curious.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #222
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

*drools over all of your food pictures*

The chocolate moose is the cutest thing EVER.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #224
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – Part 5

After our delicious meal at Le Cellier, we caught the boat back to HS, headed out to the car and made our way back to SSR to get some rest. After an hour or two, DH took the kids back over to Disney Quest while got some laundry done, and packed some. They stayed for about 3 hours and got food from the counter service at Disney Quest and brought it back to the room.

DH and I split a hamburger

The kids each got chicken and french fries.

For dessert, they got two brownies and a strawberry shortcake.

This day was the college football rivalry weekend and our team, the South Carolina Gamecocks were playing our rivals, Clemson. This was a highly anticipated game because we were 9-2 and they were 10-1. They were ranked 11 and we were ranked twelve. So the match up for this year was a very exciting one. Clemson was ahead in the first quarter and we had a back-up quarterback in the game. Our #1 quarterback was hurt and NOT playing this evening. Also, our star running back had gotten hurt a week or two before, so we didn’t have him either.

But we fought back and ended up winning 27-17. It was a very exciting game and the fourth year in a row that we won. Over 100 years, Clemson has the overall win record, but it has felt good to have bragging rights for another year.

We got our things gathered together and went to sleep. The next day was our last day - waaaahhhhhh !!

Old 12-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #225
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

I hate Clemson...
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: