Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #136
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Yay, I got my computer back! So I'm here to finally comment.

You are so right, it was a busy busy day on Thanksgiving.

I think we probably just missed each other in the area around Soarin' getting FP's. That was our first destination too, but we came from the back of the park. Hahaha.

We haven't eaten at Akershus in years! I actually haven't been there since it became a princess meal. I think it was a protest over the fact that they took the original buffet away and we loved that. Haha. But it looks really good.

I wish our meet could have been longer, but I'm very glad we were able to meet each other, even if it was for a few minutes.

You're so funny! Thank you for saying that I looked fantastic. You look fabulous too. I'm going to say that the shadows in the photo worked to my advantage. Hahaha. I don't look that good in person. I have to steal your pics for my TR, because mine are from the side.

I do always make stupid faces, don't I? I was probably making ridiculous faces even when we were talking. I like to call it "animated".

That's hilarious, the guys getting sick after Mission: Space. It's so common. "Wait, I have to take a minute...."

Mmmm, your pictures make me want to eat at the Garden Grill again sometime soon.

I am a little sad, we did not get to make it to the Osborne Lights. I was trying not to overwhelm Jeni with so much that was going on.

Girl you did not look like a giant pink marshmallow!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #137
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Okay so backing up to the start of your Turkey Day at Epcot..World Showcase looks quite empty in your pics, but I guess being earlyish in the day, people were still hanging out in Future World.

I love your DS wheeling about in the scooter. Youíre probably right; it probably was his favorite ride. LOL!

So, I think back in July, DD finally decided she was going on the Orange side of M:S. She doesnít like riding alone, but her curiosity finally got the better of her. She loved it! And since she keeps saying she canít wait until we meet up with yíall again so your DS can ride it with her. I then have to remind her of a little thing called motion sickness. She says you canít tell the ride is spinning, but I tell her people that are sensitive to motion can. (And I think you spotted some people that were probably more sensitive to motion than they thought.) I wish I could ride it, and RnRC for that matter, with her. I love a good thrill ride, but Iím old and they donít love me back now. 

Duffy is so stinkiní cute. I know people donít like him and donít understand him, but how can you not like something that cute??!! We saw him, but the line was pretty long the day we were in Epcot. We were on a storytellers mission so we didnít stop.

Garden Grill looks so yummy. There wasnít anything open there when I booked our meal. I had Tusker House originally, but then took a look at some of the menus and decided the Trails End menu was probably better for us. Katie doesnít care for turkey unless it is fried, and Trails End had fried chicken and ham. At the time my mom was supposed to go with us, and she prefers ham herself, so Trails End it was. It was pretty good. I think Iíd go back for the regular buffet with the bbq etc. Probably would try somewhere else for Thanksgiving.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #138
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I had no idea that the Saratoga Springs villas were so pretty! I thought I remembered them looking a lot more frumpy or something. Were they recently remodeled, do you know?

Those Disney horse pillows are just genius. I'm gonna need one of each. (Maybe two of Maximus.)

-Marissa
Old 12-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #139
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Yay, I got my computer back! So I'm here to finally comment.

Glad you got your computer back from the doctor. Hope it is all well now.

You are so right, it was a busy busy day on Thanksgiving.

It was crazy busy in World Showcase later on that day.

I think we probably just missed each other in the area around Soarin' getting FP's. That was our first destination too, but we came from the back of the park. Hahaha.

DH went to get the fast passes for us. Since I was in the scooter, the only way down there is via elevator, so we just figured it would be quicker if he ran ahead while we looked around.

We haven't eaten at Akershus in years! I actually haven't been there since it became a princess meal. I think it was a protest over the fact that they took the original buffet away and we loved that. Haha. But it looks really good.

We really enjoyed the breakfast. I don't know anything about lunch or dinner. We would do the breakfast again for sure.

I wish our meet could have been longer, but I'm very glad we were able to meet each other, even if it was for a few minutes.

I wished that, too. But is was good to meet at least for a few minutes. Maybe another time !! We are bound to be back during the same time again at some point.

You're so funny! Thank you for saying that I looked fantastic. You look fabulous too. I'm going to say that the shadows in the photo worked to my advantage. Hahaha. I don't look that good in person. I have to steal your pics for my TR, because mine are from the side.

Pictures don't lie, girl, you do too look that good. And obviously you need to hire my DS as your personal photographer. I mean he did get a really great shot of you. You can borrow my pics of course, but I want to see yours so please post them here.

I do always make stupid faces, don't I? I was probably making ridiculous faces even when we were talking. I like to call it "animated".

You faces are not stupid, they are very funny and always make me laugh. And yes, you are animated, but I love people like that. I makes you fun and interesting.

That's hilarious, the guys getting sick after Mission: Space. It's so common. "Wait, I have to take a minute...."

Haha - I probably shouldn't have taken that photo, but it was so funny.

Mmmm, your pictures make me want to eat at the Garden Grill again sometime soon.

We had a great meal and the kids ate well for a change

I am a little sad, we did not get to make it to the Osborne Lights. I was trying not to overwhelm Jeni with so much that was going on.

We wanted to see them more, but near the end of the day, my ankle would just be so sore and I would be so tired from it hurting all day it was just hard for me to want to do anything at night. I am still that way now.

Girl you did not look like a giant pink marshmallow!

I said - pictures don't lie ........

Last edited by jecskc; 12-09-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #140
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Okay so backing up to the start of your Turkey Day at Epcot..World Showcase looks quite empty in your pics, but I guess being earlyish in the day, people were still hanging out in Future World.

Well we had a breakfast ressie at about 9:30 AM and WS doesn't open until 11:00 AM, right ?? At least I think that is right. It was open when we got done with breakfast and it was crazy busy.

I love your DS wheeling about in the scooter. Youíre probably right; it probably was his favorite ride. LOL!

Every time I jumped out, he jumped in to ride it around. I had to start taking the key with me so he wouldn't hurt someone.

So, I think back in July, DD finally decided she was going on the Orange side of M:S. She doesnít like riding alone, but her curiosity finally got the better of her. She loved it! And since she keeps saying she canít wait until we meet up with yíall again so your DS can ride it with her. I then have to remind her of a little thing called motion sickness. She says you canít tell the ride is spinning, but I tell her people that are sensitive to motion can. (And I think you spotted some people that were probably more sensitive to motion than they thought.) I wish I could ride it, and RnRC for that matter, with her. I love a good thrill ride, but Iím old and they donít love me back now. 

He would love to do that with her. He wants to try it, but he gets sick on the tea cups, so I am not sure he will like it. Neither DH nor I will ride the Orange side.

Duffy is so stinkiní cute. I know people donít like him and donít understand him, but how can you not like something that cute??!! We saw him, but the line was pretty long the day we were in Epcot. We were on a storytellers mission so we didnít stop.

I think Duffy is cute, too and DD wants a bear, but I have holding her off from buying one. Because the the very LAST thing she needs is another stuffed animal.

Garden Grill looks so yummy. There wasnít anything open there when I booked our meal. I had Tusker House originally, but then took a look at some of the menus and decided the Trails End menu was probably better for us. Katie doesnít care for turkey unless it is fried, and Trails End had fried chicken and ham. At the time my mom was supposed to go with us, and she prefers ham herself, so Trails End it was. It was pretty good. I think Iíd go back for the regular buffet with the bbq etc. Probably would try somewhere else for Thanksgiving.

Garden Grill was the perfect Thanksgiving meal. We would definitely do Thanksgiving there again. DH really enjoyed it. Another good Thanksgiving meal would be Liberty Tree Tavern. I bet that place is mobbed on Thanksgiving.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #141
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I had no idea that the Saratoga Springs villas were so pretty! I thought I remembered them looking a lot more frumpy or something. Were they recently remodeled, do you know?

Those Disney horse pillows are just genius. I'm gonna need one of each. (Maybe two of Maximus.)
They are very pretty. They have done a rehab on them recently. They were very nice.

DD loved the horse pillows. They were cute.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #142
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Part 1

On this day, DH was going over to Epcot to take the Segway Tour. He had done such a good job of taking care of me while I was laid up with my bad ankle that I wanted to do something special for him. So I booked him the tour. He was very excited.

While he was doing that, our plan was to meet my BFF and her DD at Animal Kingdom so we could spend some time with them. We were going to take the bus since DH had the car, but she called me and offered to come pick us up. And I was very grateful for that, because it made things a lot easier.

So I mistakenly let DH take the camera.
Here are the photos he got.

Yep, that is it. These are all the photos he got. He said he was too involved in the tour to take more photos. He was given instructions to take as many photos as possible because I had some trip reporting to do about this. But he didnt so I got nuthin. All I have for you is his description of the tour.

And here it is.

He arrived at Epcot around 7:20 AM which was super early for his 8:30 AM tour. They even thought he might be a part of the 7:30 AM group, but got it all straightened out. He says they all got checked in and then went over to Innoventions where they watched a video and were given helmets. Then they practiced stepping on and off of the Segway. After that, they graduated to moving forward and backward and spinning. Then they went through kind of an obstacle course around some cones and played red light / green light so they could learn how to stop quickly if they had to. Then they went up and down these little hills they had set up. He said it was great fun.

After that, they rode their Segways over to The Land and they had breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. They had a choice of a Bounty Platter or a Continental breakfast. DH chose the Bounty Platter. After that, they head over to World Showcase. They went in on the Mexico side and toured Norway and China and they talked about the history of these countries. Everyone had a headpiece so they could hear the guide. World Showcase was empty so they got to go up and down all of the ramps there in China and went through the gift shops even.

Then they rode over to Italy and rode all around in there. The guides pointed out lots of hidden Mickeys. Then on to Japan. DH said they had a huge warehouse in the Japan area where they had originally planned to build a coaster, but never had the plans come to fruition. Then they moved on to Morocco where they learned that most everything was required to have flaws because they believe that only God can create something perfect. He said they got to weave in and out of the shops again.

After that, World Showcase started to fill up with people and DH said it was pretty funny how even though it was obvious they were a group and trying to stick together, people would still try to walk between them and get in the way. The guides and had enlighten a few people and get them out of the way. After about 2.5- 3 hours they headed back to turn the Segways in and then the tour ended.
They are all given a special pin

DH said it was the most fun he had ever had at Disney World and he was so happy with it. He really wants to do the tour over at Fort Wilderness and see what that is all about.

FYI the tour was $99 and includes breakfast. We got a 15% DVC discount on the tour.

In the meantime, the kids and I were at Animal Kingdom with my BFF and her daughter. The kids were excited to be spending some time with them and so was I. We entered the park and headed over the Expedition Everest where my BFF, her DD and my DS hopped in the single rider line while I waited with my DD because she didnt want to ride. We checked out the gift shop and she traded vinylmations

This one

For this one

We got DD a new Autograph book because my BFF wanted to see all of the characters at Camp Minnie Mickey in their Christmas outfits.

We were letting my BFF take the lead on the park today and we just followed her around and did mostly what she wanted. I really liked it because I am the planner on our group and it was nice to have someone else in charge to just follow around for once. I am pretty sure she threw some things in there that we wanted to do, but her main goal was characters and we were cool with that.

Anyhoodle they ended up riding three times in a row in the single rider line with practically no wait.

I took some photos while waiting.

Then we went to get safari fast passes. My BFF took us the back way behind its Tough to Be a Bug.

We got our FPs and then went down the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail to take photos.

My BFF wanted to see the gorillas.

You cant see it very well, but this is a photo of a two month old Okapi nursing.

The guide said it was very rare to see.

We saw some fish

And then the gorillas

My phone decided it wouldnt take any more photos and I was frantically deleting photos so I could take more. My BFF got it to work and took some for me.

Once she got it working, I was able to take a few more.

My BFF, her DD and my DD rode the safari. I didnt want to ride because it was too bumpy for my injured ankle. DS decided to stay with me and we went in search of a snack. We each got a pretzel.

Then we headed back over to the exit of the safari to wait for the others to return. It was starting to get crazy crowded. While we were waiting, deep in the crowd, I spotted our fellow disser MyLifeisDis (Meg) in the distance.

She and her family were heading up the walkway to Rafikis Planet watch. I really wanted to scooter over and say hello, but I would have had to run over about ten people in order to get to her in time, so I just watched her go thinking I might get the chance to see here and her Mum again. But, even though we stayed at the same resort in the same section, we never saw them again. Bummer.

Last edited by jecskc; 12-09-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #143
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Oh my God, the 1BR looks amazing!

I am glad your DH had a great time on the Segway tour. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

Thatís awesome they got to go on EE three times in a row, especially with the crowds that day.

I am still so sad we didnít get to meet that day It wouldíve made OUR day a lot better Some day, some day.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #144
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Oh my God, the 1BR looks amazing!

I am glad your DH had a great time on the Segway tour. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

Thatís awesome they got to go on EE three times in a row, especially with the crowds that day.

I am still so sad we didnít get to meet that day It wouldíve made OUR day a lot better Some day, some day.
We really liked the 1 BR better. It was nice to have the space.

He LOVED the Segway tour !! Says he would do it again in a minute.

We got there early and they rode in single rider so that helped a lot.

I am sad, too. One day, we will meet each other !!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #145
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I'm glad your husband enjoyed the tour so much! It sounds really cool.

Your morning with your friend sounds fun too!

That pretzel looks really good.

-Marissa
Old 12-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #146
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I'm glad your husband enjoyed the tour so much! It sounds really cool.

Your morning with your friend sounds fun too!

That pretzel looks really good.
He really loved the tour !! He still talks about how much fun it was. I was so happy he enjoyed it.

I just love spending time with her especially at Disney. She is truly responsible for my Disney obsession. And of course ... she gets it. She shows me new things and my kids love her DD. So it is always special to me when our trips coincide. I never feel like I get to spend enough time with her.

Disney pretzels are always good. Just like the popcorn, I guess. Even though it is just a regular snack, it tastes better because it is from Disney.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #147
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

That's so weird, I REALLY thought I had commented on this update!!!

I'm glad to hear that DH enjoyed the Segway tour!!! It sounds like a lot of fun! My SIL and BIL tried it and they loved it too!!!

How fun that you got to spend time with your friend!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #148
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
That's so weird, I REALLY thought I had commented on this update!!!

I'm glad to hear that DH enjoyed the Segway tour!!! It sounds like a lot of fun! My SIL and BIL tried it and they loved it too!!!

How fun that you got to spend time with your friend!
I know what you mean. I go back and check o other TR's sometimes and them I'm like ..."wha?" Where's my comment ?? I dunno.

He loved it !! I am so glad I set that up for him.

Always fun to be at Disney with friends. Especially ones who "get it".
Old 12-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #149
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Now that I am back amongst the living again, I got a nasty stomach bug, let me try and catch up.

Glad you enjoyed Soarin', I am probably the only person who dislikes that ride. I get seriously sick on it. I can't handle any kind of IMAX movie or things that move like that yet I love MS. Go figure.

Garden Grill looks like it was good but I doubt we'll ever eat there. Fish is on the menu and my DH does not eat fish nor does he want it on a plate with his other food. I loved your DS's reaction with the characters. My DGS is 14 and getting him in pics with characters was horrible last trip. I think secretly he likes it but at 14 it isn't cool.

Osbourne lights are one of the main reasons my trip next year is after Thanksgiving. My DH loves the parks at the holidays.

The Segway tour looks like it was fun. Glad your DH enjoyed it.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #150
MEK
DIS Veteran

I have my new computer at work today and I can actually see pictures. I love the one BR at SSR. Now I am really homesick and want to stay there again soon!

I did the Epcot Segway tour and it was amazing. I loved it. I'm so glad your DH enjoyed it. I also would like to do the one at Fort Wilderness. There is also one in the city of Celebration which caught my eye and, not surprisingly, it is much cheaper.

Beautiful pics of AK!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: