Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
murmkc
Mouseketeer

F&W - but mostly W

Alrighty my friends - I tried to post in the completed trip reports forum but the post was closed!?!?! and I could not complete it... here is what I had posted, hopefully I can continue with DAY1 of this awesome trip!

Ok... So we are still not home from this trip BUT - I could not wait to start my completed trip report thread.

Our pre-trip report can be found here : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2750215

Adriane and I are having the best time ever and have plenty of crazy stories to share... Tomorrow we fly home and Sunday I should be able to post Chapter 1 - of the Booze & Wine Fest 2011 trip report.

- be sure to stay tuned! We are a couple of trouble makers!
Old 10-24-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
murmkc
Mouseketeer

Day 1

On day 1 we woke up at 4:30AM or so. We had zero travel problems with our non-stop flight to Orlando from KC and arrived ready for vacation time! Our room was not ready as we arrived super early so I gave Adriane a tour of the Boardwalk resort. We quickly arrived at Leaping Horse Libations pool bar and began the vacation drinking! It was not long before my cell phone rang with a message that our room was ready. We ended up in 5022 with a great view of the CREEPY clown slide.

We loved the room (first time on the Villas side) and Adriane posed for a shower photo! lol

Once we had dropped off the extras from our Magical Express carry on, we went in search for lunch! Hurricane Hannah's provided me with an awesome burger and Adriane with a great sandwich. I was hesitating hitting a park as I was expecting surprise #1 to arrive shortly. I ordered groceries from garden grocer so that I could cook breakfast and have booze in the room BUT I somehow asked for delivery on day 2 of our vacation!?!? I was waiting for a delivery that would not arrive for a whole extra day! Once this was determined from a call to GG CS I headed us in the direction of the Magic Kingdom via a long walk through Epcot and a monorail and ferry ride.

Once at the MK we got a FP for Buzz and hit up the Carousel of Progress and the People Mover. I did a decent job killing bad guys on buzz and Adriane loved it!

After Buzz we did the Haunted Mansion and LOVED the new graveyard queue. We had a wonderful dinner at the Big River Brewery and watched a couple different Boardwalk performers. Once we made it back to the room (exhausted) we noticed that the creepy clown is EVEN MORE CREEPY at night!

Day 2 we return to the MK for some morning fun but end up at Epcot for more grown up fun!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
NMW
DIS Veteran

Subscribing
Old 10-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
murmkc
Mouseketeer

Day 2

On day 2 I woke up super early and did 90 minutes of Yoga. During the last few minutes I took a break to make coffee for Adriane. She woke up surprised and happy! We hit the bar prior to the MK for some beverage preparations!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

Sounds like I should be taking notes from you guys for my upcoming solo trip. Any tips on the best Bloody Mary on property?
Old 10-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #6
murmkc
Mouseketeer

More Day 2

WoW- posted that on accident! So here is more day 2 fun.

AFTER the fun Leaping Horse Libations bar beverages we hit the MK and started our tour.

We did a whole bunch of fun stuff and really enjoyed the Jungle Crusie!

We also made sure to hit up the Pirates of the Caribbean. Adriane is a huge pirate fan and I bought her the best pirate Mickey ears that we could find.

We then enjoyed more MK fun and headed back to the room to get ready for an Epcot evening. We did a decent world showcase tour and I had fun insulting the pay phone in the AWESOME Morocco pavilion.

We posed for a traditional Morocco tile fountain photo.

We were having so much fun by this point that we were all sorts of euphoric. I could not imagine a better vacation! So we headed for our dinner at the San Angel Inn (which was awesome) and behaved like the coolest drunken tourists ever! Por hemplo - here is my Día de los Muertos pose.

An even better example is the super cute photo of my fountain model.

I am fairly certain that by the end of day 2 that Adriane was on board with my plotting and scheming too keep her as my own. Things could not be going better at this point! - Will day 3 be more of the same? Will we suffer a horrible hangover? Will Adriane get sick of my non-stop Disney triva? We will see with the next update!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #7
murmkc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweettears View Post
Sounds like I should be taking notes from you guys for my upcoming solo trip. Any tips on the best Bloody Mary on property?
I am so embarrassed that I don't have a good Bloody Mary hookup! We did not go that route this trip.

FORGIVE ME!
LOL
Old 10-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #8
AliciaG
Ready, Set, Go!

Woohoo sounds like a great time! Can't wait to read more, you guys are too cute!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
murmkc
Mouseketeer

More to come I promise! I have just been super busy.

I miss WDW a ton already so I will have to re-live the trip by finishing this report!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #10
Sweettears
50 years of Disney and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by murmkc View Post
I am so embarrassed that I don't have a good Bloody Mary hookup! We did not go that route this trip.

FORGIVE ME!
LOL
I guess that I'm left with no other alternative than to do my own research.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #11
disneygeeks
Mouseketeer

to bad you got your days messed up with the groceries and for sure a much creepier clown at night.....lookin forward to reading the rest of your TR

2007 Caribbean Beach/Animal Kingdom
2008 Pop Century
2009 Pop Century

Last edited by disneygeeks; 11-01-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #12
disneygeeks
Mouseketeer

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by murmkc View Post
More to come I promise! I have just been super busy.

I miss WDW a ton already so I will have to re-live the trip by finishing this report!
Ya I always hate that first few days when you get back....you get major withdrawls

2007 Caribbean Beach/Animal Kingdom
2008 Pop Century
2009 Pop Century
Old 11-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #13
FRANKTSJR
Dis Veteran

Bloody Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweettears View Post
DW and I had a fantastic Bloody Mary at the Beach Club poolside bar(SAB)
Old 11-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #14
murmkc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKTSJR View Post
DW and I had a fantastic Bloody Mary at the Beach Club poolside bar(SAB)
I love to explore the resort pool bars! Thanks for the Bloody Mary tip!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #15
murmkc
Mouseketeer

Day 3

Day 3

On day 3 we had another slow start as we took our time getting ready. We were in no hurry and hit up our favorite pool bar on the way to the dock to catch a boat ride over to Epcot. The bartenders at Leaping Libations were always fun and friendly!

HOWEVER - on the way to the dock I was admiring the awesome theme of the Boardwalk and not watching where I was going. Then Adriane suddenly stopped and turned to ask me a question and I tripped over her foot, stumbled, cartwheeled, and violently fell to the ground! I was able to get back up unscathed and with only a half spilled drink but the other half of the drink had been caught by my shorts. It was back to the room for a quick change and a drink refill!

Once I had changed my shorts and poured another beverage we were on our way for a full day at Epcot!

The plan was to use all our snack credits from the standard Disney Dining Plan to sample as much of the F&W offerings as we could. This worked out well for us but I must say that outside of the F&W festival, I will not be doing the dining plan again. The value just did not seem to add up as well as it used to.

Upon entering Epcot via the International Gateway we headed to get our Fast Passes for Soarin'. I was not surprised to see that the passes were for after 5pm but was happy to know we would not have to wait in the 90 minute stand-by line. We then jumped right onto Living with the Land which is still a favorite Epcot ride for me. I love the message and the science behind what they do there in the greenhouse. Even though the ride has not changed much since I first rode it in 1997, I still have to hit it every trip!

After the ride I was ready for some lunch so we grabbed some sandwiches using a couple counter service credits and were pleased with the size and quality of our lunch. The Dining plan provides dessert with every meal and I got to sample the biggest Rice Crispie treat I have ever seen!

After lunch it was time to leave the Land pavilion and continue on to The Leaving Seas. "It is over there."

***Day 3 to be continued***

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: