Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #31
crazyme5kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
I have left cat food on the counter that I meant to put in their bowl. Left the house.
Cat food still on the counter when I got home.

I have no idea if they went on the counters when I wasn't home, but it sure didn't seem like it.
I guess my cats understand what "not allowed" means!
Well my one cat understands what "not allowed" means, but not my other one. He could sit on a firecracker that explodes, and once the smoke clears he would go sit on another one. He is the only cat I have ever owned that doesn't give a crap what is allowed and isn't.

I do love him, even though he's rotten to the core .
crazyme5kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #32
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
I gave up. Honestly I don't care anymore. I put them down if I see them up there, but I just clean the counters before I eat.
Me too. I'd be spending my whole life scolding and putting them down on the floor. Since I have 4 indoor cats I let two eat on the counter while the other two eat on the floor. Kind of stops stealing of food this way. Usually that is the only time any of them go on the counter is when it is time to eat.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #33
izzy
"It's not the heat -- it's the stupidity"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyme5kids View Post
Well my one cat understands what "not allowed" means, but not my other one. He could sit on a firecracker that explodes, and once the smoke clears he would go sit on another one. He is the only cat I have ever owned that doesn't give a crap what is allowed and isn't.
I do love him, even though he's rotten to the core .
Thank you for my laugh of the day!! I had one like this, too. I tried stopping him jumping on the counter by squirting him with a water bottle every time he did it. (Well, OK, it was a mister bottle, but it was still water.) He'd see it coming, squint his eyes shut, take a full on shot in the face, and then jump off of the counter. Once on the floor he'd shake the water off of his face and then proceed to hop right back up on the counter. After a month of this I finally gave up.

izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #34
muffyn
"hmmm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
This looks amazing!!! I am having the biggest problem keeping my cat out of the wires behind my TV. I resorted to slapping Tiger Balm all over the back of my TV stand, as the internet told me cats hate the smell. While my cat does hate the smell (and makes the best face at it), it goes away and I have to reapply it. I wonder if I can make this fit back behind there??

I called them once about "curving it" since it was too long for where my fridge was, & was told as long as you didn't fold it or overlap it it was fine.

did you see the different sizes? they have some smaller widths , like for window sills.

It is pretty clear. just enough for the animal to see it..
muffyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #35
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Well, we found Tigger when he was 4 weeks old (no Momma cat around) so we fed him on the table, otherwise the other 2 cats or the dog would steal his food, plus he was so tiny that we could just put him up there, feed him from his little bowl and then wait for him to finish. lol Now he's fully grown but when he's ready for his noms he jumps on the table to let us know. lol He doesn't get on the counters, just the table, and we make sure we wash it before we eat there.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #36
tinkerbellfan6880
pixie

We have the same problem with our cats too. Our male cat Kitt will just jump off the counter or tables when we yell get off. But our other female cat Cupcake will just look at you like she has no idea of what we are yelling at her for. She just sits on the counter and never moves until one of us has to move her.

Even my mother yelling at her to get off the counter doesn't work. There have been times when both cats have jumped on top of the counter right in front of my mother and ignore my mother yelling at them. Though there was the time Kitt jumped on the counter and my mother yelled at him to get off. He kinda slid from one side of the counter to the other side and fell off the counter.

2014 Reading Challenge: 21 out of 100 books

2013 Reading Challenge Completed: 92 out of 80 books read!
tinkerbellfan6880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #37
KAMLEM
DIS Veteran
Likes her little penguin.
Tried to pay for lunch with WHAT?
Always remember - sticky side DOWN!

I tried putting coins in a soda can and shaking them whenever mine jumped on the counter. At first he would run away, now he just comes over to me and rubs against the can. I have no idea what's going on in his mind.
KAMLEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #38
Cinderella94
now and then i have to remind myself how extremely hot it gets in those things
Why do all of those sound like they could've come out of my mouth

We can't keep ours off either. But they know they're not supposed to, because as soon as they see us walking over they look guilty and jump off .
Old 11-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #39
Lanshark
Peace be still
Congratulations on your flower bloomin thingy

I simply explain to them that I would prefer if they did not jump on the counter, knock the ornaments off of my tree, stand in their water bowl and play in the water so that the next human that walks through the kitchen will slip and fall and eat the poor dog's food. Once you reason with them and let them know exactly what you expect they will of course comply because they are cats. On the odd occasion when they decide to ignore my wishes I tell them how disappointed I am and that next time I hope they make a better choice.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Lanshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #40
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanshark View Post
I simply explain to them that I would prefer if they did not jump on the counter, knock the ornaments off of my tree, stand in their water bowl and play in the water so that the next human that walks through the kitchen will slip and fall and eat the poor dog's food. Once you reason with them and let them know exactly what you expect they will of course comply because they are cats. On the odd occasion when they decide to ignore my wishes I tell them how disappointed I am and that next time I hope they make a better choice.
My cat has a very bad habit (nothing to do with counters) that I have sat down and explained why it upsets me when she does this. Sadly, she turns her head and ignores me.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #41
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Us too -LOL.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #42
mackeysmom
Let's Go Mets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
Blackie - He is quite clearly saying servant where are my noms????
He sure is .

Every time I walk into the kitchen he follows me. If I open the cabinet he demands treats, if I open the fridge he wants turkey, if I open the pantry he wants tuna, etc.

I suppose it is my own fault, 99% of the time I give into his demands. (OK - who am I kidding, 100% of the time I give into his demands. )

- Laura
mackeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #43
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

I just saw this on Pinterest:

You can repin it here:
http://pinterest.com/pin/434738170249301209/
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #44
funkychunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mine just look at me like im a moron. I would love to aslo teach my cone head cat (hes a sassy face scratcher, allergies) to quit flingig the food. he uses his cone as a shovel and delights in tossing the food out of his cone, all over the floor. They can make the water bowl move so they smuck it around the room... we go through lots of soxs ere.
RIP:
guiedo (guiena pig) bluebeard
funkychunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #45
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

Don't get stone countertops. If I had known cats would be attracted to the coldness from the stone, I would never have changed to a stone. My previous cat was old, blind & deaf so she never got up there. Its the new cat that does. I've walked in there on a hot summer day to find him laying on the cold countertops trying to cool off. Grrrrrr. The other cat gets it, but this one is not the brightest bulb in the tree. He is a very slow learner at things his brother gets fairly quickly. He catches on months later.

Squirt bottle but he's a persistant bugger.
I just clean my counters 10000 times a day now.

Another issue is my dad made 4 awesome removable window seats for the cats. They love them & sleep on them. So he thinks getting on kitchen counter to look out the window near the sink is the same as getting on his window seats in other rooms.

Last edited by beaucoup; 11-27-2012 at 09:23 PM.
beaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: