Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
rockinyensid
Earning My Ears

Question on Groom top hat ears

Hey everyone! I wanted to drop a line here to ask you a question. We are getting married this saturday, december 1st. Very excited!! Then on the fourth we are heading to WDW for four days and then on to the newest disney ship the fantasy for seven days of cruising in the carribean. We are totally excited and can't wait for the honeymoon and of course have been waiting anxiously to finally wear the fantastic bride and groom ears! The thing is, we purchased a set of them on ebay, as my fiance prefers the older style top hat ears versus the newer tuxedo ears. So we got them in the mail the other day and though we are excited to have them, I'm worried we may have been duped. The grooms ears dont line up well on the top hat and they are stapled onto the hat with three staples. Since they use rivets and buttons now, and the hat we got seems a little chintzy, it seems like we truly may have been tricked. So I'm wondering if any of you out there could possibly look at yours at home if you have them and fill us in on how they are constructed and how the ears line up. I can take pictures and throw them up here if you folks would like. Thanks for any info!!!
rockinyensid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

No, the "official" ones were indeed chintzy. The ears were stapled on. My guy examined them for about half a second before deciding that he would rather make some of his own or just do without.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
rockinyensid
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much! Im in a way glad that we have the real thing! I sorta wish we didn't and there was a better version out there, but its all good, the disneymoon will be wonderful no matter the condition of the ears!!
rockinyensid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
Emily11212
Joe's Bride :-)

We too got the old ears... my DH refused to wear the new ones, and it just so happened that my cousin still had his from when he got married in 1999! So we borrowed them, and yes, the ears are attached with three staples and feel a little flimsy... but it's the real deal!

Have a great time! People went nuts over us and our ears! :-)
Old 12-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

My DH had the top hat ears version at our wedding in 2008 and loved them. They are put away up on our atic but I guess they sound like the same ones. We were in Disney for 14 days for our prewedding, wedding and honeymoon and he wore them all day, every day and they were fine.

Have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon and cruise and enjoy wearing your wedding ears.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: