Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
gapoochi
Mouseketeer

Is 1 day at SeaWorld enough?

We've been to Sea World in Cali and we did one day there with no problem. Just not sure how much bigger/more there is to do at the Orlando one.

We have 2 kids (4 and 7) and they are mostly interested in the dolphins and whales.

Also, I'm seeing that SW closes at 6 on the weekdays...is that a long enough day?

Thank you!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
Joseph Robinson
Earning My Ears

If you get there at open it should be more than enough time, even if you go for the coasters and Atlantis (4 and 7 year old might not be tall enough for those though). There isn't too much "stuff" to do there; but Sea World is still a very enjoyable day .
"In this volatile business of ours, we can ill afford to rest on our laurels, even to pause in retrospect. Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future." -Walt Disney
Joseph Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
gapoochi
Mouseketeer

thanks! That's what I was thinking but then I see people going for several days or at least 2 days and I got worried lol
Old 11-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
AuroraRora
Princess

We always go for two days, but one day is enough to get everything done. We just like to get everything done twice lol! Also, if you're not going to be spending a lot of time waiting in line for the big rides, a day should be plenty to see all the shows and such.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:20 AM   #5
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

While you "can" do SeaWorld in one day if avoiding some of the bigger rides, I, personally, would want a day and half or two days to enjoy the park at a more leisurely pace (especially with a 4 and 7 year old). So much more relaxing than one commando do-it-all day.....but everyone's vacation style is different.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:33 AM   #6
DTop
Mouseketeer

You could also take one of their tours. There are Dolphin, Sea Lion, and Behind The Scenes tours that everyone in the family might enjoy. I found it a great way to let the kids talk to the people who care for all those animals we see in the shows and exhibits.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #7
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

We have done SW in a day including rides. Saw all the shows and went on rides too. We saved manta for last right before the park closed that day and the line was not bad at all.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #8
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran

Our family definately does two days, but my kids (especially my son) love aquatic animals. They are lingerers and will watch the animals for long periods of time. They also ride the thrill rides multiple times.

Just depends on what you want to do and how much time you devote to just meandering and viewing the animals
Janet Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #9
janinca
Mouseketeer

If you plan things well and if there are not big line ups you can probably see at least most of Seaworld in a day. We went for 1 full day (closing at 6) and then two more partial days and I still wanted to go back. I managed to miss a few things and a few things I wanted to see again I didn't get to.
janinca is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: