Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 02:02 AM   #61
Patience
DIS Veteran

A purple and teal glow in the dark umbrella with a flashlight built in the handle. I work in a professional field and got the giggles thinking of me walking into work carrying that thing.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:55 AM   #62
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

It seems like every year my DH and I would get shirts from a college team and never wear them. This is coming from BIL and his wife. Mind you she makes a huge income.He does not work.

But I think the worst after two rounds of shirts. The box arrives in the mail and we wait to open the gifts on christmas day. They come wrapped in tissue paper. I got those little bags of coffee from the hotel rooms. I won't mention what her job is. I never even speak to this woman.

I should mention last year they bought a 10 acres ranch, and my gift was a light jacket with the name of the town they moved to.

Justice For Travis
usnuzuloose is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #63
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydiane1953 View Post
My ex-MIL (deceased) gave me a pink Avon coffee mug(cancer ribbon) with four hershey's kisses in it. I am not making this up.
this reminds me of the year my brother and SIL gave my mom an ugly, glass jar full of hershey kisses for Christmas. it MIGHT have cost them $10, and that's a generous estimate. my mom was crushed, but didn't say anything.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:03 AM   #64
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof1princess View Post
this reminds me of the year my brother and SIL gave my mom an ugly, glass jar full of hershey kisses for Christmas. it MIGHT have cost them $10, and that's a generous estimate. my mom was crushed, but didn't say anything.
And this reminds me of when my BIL and his wife gave my MIL a big jar of mixed nuts from Sam's Club for her 80th birthday. She was not amused, especially after she had opened our gift of theater tickets for her and a friend of her choosing to go see "South Pacific".

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #65
design_mom
I am probably more like my dad than I care to admit
I hate touching raw meat

My husband used to be a terrible gift-getter. He used to buy things that he *wanted* me to like, rather than things I actually did like. He'd say "I wanted to get you something I knew you wouldn't buy for yourself." (Um, there's a reason I wouldn't buy it myself! I don't want it!)

He got me two video game systems (the old handheld Sega one, and an original DS from when they first game out). He played with both of them. I did not. I received several "fashionable" outfits that he liked, but did not look good on me, etc.

He's gotten better... Or now that I think about it, we've frequently decided on something that will "count as" a Christmas gift (so I have some input.)
Old 11-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #66
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus77 View Post
Well shoot. I was hoping hubbies get better with this over time. So I guess this means I am going to have to come to grips that I am doomed to receive random things or nothing.....glad mine isn't the only one, though!
Yup...sorry, it doesn't get any better.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #67
PUZZLDY5
DIS Veteran

Sadly, I can relate to these. My absolute worst has to be the gift I got from my FIL and StepMIL... An industrial size thing of aluminum foil that you get from somewhere like Sams or Cosco. Guess it had my name written all over it.

A close second.. My husbands grandmother has a Christmas party every year. My DH got $25 The boys got games and toys. Me, I got a croched refrigerater magnet. No message there.

Me Dh Ds Ds Ds Kira Buster Cassi Xavier
PUZZLDY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #68
codimouse
Over 45 Trips to Disney from San Antonio, Tx!

Anything my DH of 17 years gives me. The worst was last Christmas. He gave me $500 in cash!
Small bills too. All change he received from lunches, shopping, etc. he put it in a Christmas card. Looked like he just cleaned out his wallet and threw it in the card.

Sandi; sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
codimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #69
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Walkie-talkies. From my husband. :

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #70
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Ok all you A cattle, get in the chute. Moooo. Moooo.
It has a kick. Otherwise, yummy yummy.
Onions rule!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintasare View Post
A vacuum cleaner from my parents.

I got it last year, worst present ever. Nothing say's "Merry Christmas, your housekeeping skills suck" like a vacuum.

My parent's do not give fun stuff for Christmas. It's always something you need, never anything you want.
LMAO guys, girls, moms, dads this is for you: never give a woman a vacuum or anything else associated with housework for Christmas. Trust me. Just don't do it

Quote:
Well shoot. I was hoping hubbies get better with this over time. So I guess this means I am going to have to come to grips that I am doomed to receive random things or nothing.....glad mine isn't the only one, though!
Ah Ah Ah. It's not just hubbies that do this. I know quite a few wives that do the same. I know someone who's wife got him one and only one gift for Christmas. It was

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

BOOM!!! THERE IT IS!!! A pair of socks.

Cannot_Wait_4Disney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #71
indimom
Are We There Yet?

I had an aunt who would give all the grandkids those freebies you get from your hairdresser or bank. She'd "wrap" them in a white mailing envelope. It became a bit of a running joke, wondering who would be getting a pick, and who would be getting a pen, and who would be getting a calendar each year. We had a lot of good times on the ride home comparing our gifts.
But, hey, she tried!
indimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #72
jekajekalynn
A Barbie girl in a Bratz world
"Mommy tooted in the toilet! It was Loooooouuuud!!"
We Girls can do anything, right Barbie??

The worst Christmas present I personally every received was from my parents who must of had the biggest brain fart in the history of gift giving..

What do 8 year old girls want most for a present? The most obvious answers would include; Barbies, dress-up stuff , girly toys, toys in general of some sort..

What did I receive when I was 8? A blue puppy dog bed in a bag kit.. With every. last. item. of. it . individually. wrapped. "Ohhh look! a pillow case.." *unwrap next package* "uhhh... another pillow case?"

No toys that year, just a comforter set ..

[IMG][/IMG]
jekajekalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #73
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Ok all you A cattle, get in the chute. Moooo. Moooo.
It has a kick. Otherwise, yummy yummy.
Onions rule!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabeking View Post
Not being a democrat my girlfriend who is one gave me a Obama Chia Head! It was actually pretty funny!

Also, my husband gave me a back pack blower for the lawn....
LMAO, a back pack leaf blower. Just what every woman wants. I didn't know they had Obama Chia Pets. I had some relatives that would have been a perfect gag gift for. But they are no longer with us.
Cannot_Wait_4Disney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #74
Maggie Lizer
Mouseketeer

From my aunt and uncle, when I was a month shy of turning 21, in 1994.

A pastel purple 1970's style track suit. Gloppy sweatpants with pockets. Purple and white zip up the front sweatshirt. About 2 sizes too big, too. I guess they thought I was a fat Golden Girl.

Last edited by Maggie Lizer; 11-27-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Maggie Lizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #75
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

I can't believe nobody has come on here to blast us for being ungrateful and taking the meaning out of Christmas! LOL!!!! I love these stories!!! I thought my towels were bad but I think the aluminum foil takes the cake!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: