Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #16
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
. . . no, not off base.

. . . big difference
. . . lots of lost revenue with such a large party
. . . too little table turnover
. . . too many seats lost when tables are pushed together
Disney has obviously decided not to impose a maximum that is less than 16 at this restaurant. Therefore, your points are irrelevant and pertain to things that come from Disney's point of view, not a customer.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #17
brymolmom
DIS Veteran

First of all - my guess is that the party was seated at separate tables there and likely were seated staggered too.

Secondly - an hour and a half is not THAT far off the 'norm' for that place - even without a large party.

We waited a bit over an hour there for our dinner...And we thought we would be way less than that since we got there at about 2:30pm.

So you would likely have waited close to that long with or without that party.
brymolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #18
Herbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
. . . no, not off base.

. . . big difference
. . . lots of lost revenue with such a large party
. . . too little table turnover
. . . too many seats lost when tables are pushed together
Thank you for getting my point......
Herbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #19
Herbie
DIS Veteran

WOW has this place gotten nasty!

At what point did I say they had to right to eat there? ? ?

I didnt.

I was simply stating that it was disappointing to us that we could not eat there because a very large party had the whole place clogged up..
Old 11-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #20
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie
Tried to take the Fam for the Kitchen Sink yesterday at 3pm, and were told we had a min of an hour and a half, because they were seating a party of 16!! Am i off base in thinking that seating a part that large is just wrong? no one else could get in because they took up half of the place.

Guess i am just irritated and disappointed........
You did ask if it was wrong to seat a party that big. That is why people are saying they had a right to eat there too. Same meaning just different words. I am sorry the wait was that long.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #21
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

a few things..YES it is Disappointing, But OP they have every right to eat there and B&C has every right to seat them, .You did not use those words but go back and read your original post." AM I off base thinking that seating a party that large is just wrong"...What were the options? splitting them all up and telling them they all have to eat at different times??? Would you want to do that if you were with your family? I know I wouldn't.B&C often generates LONG waits, it is a very small place that has gained in popularity.Disney needs to consider making it larger
Old 11-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #22
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Sorry you ended up coming in after them. B&C is very small, does not take reservations, and won't turn away a party of 16 if they can seat them, it is not in Disney's business plan to tell people "no" if they can accommodate them and there is no rule that says you must have a maximum number in your party to eat there (I assume if the party exceeds the restaurant's capacity that would be it, otherwise none). So no, I don't think it's "wrong" for them to seat larger parties. They got there first.

the OP is frustrated that they didn't get their kitchen sink for reasons beyond their control, there is no reason to attack them.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #23
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

That's too bad. I would have been disappointed that we wouldn't be eating there, but I wouldn't wait that long to be seated. What did you end up doing OP?
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #24
Herbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc nala View Post
sorry you ended up coming in after them. B&c is very small, does not take reservations, and won't turn away a party of 16 if they can seat them, it is not in disney's business plan to tell people "no" if they can accommodate them and there is no rule that says you must have a maximum number in your party to eat there (i assume if the party exceeds the restaurant's capacity that would be it, otherwise none). So no, i don't think it's "wrong" for them to seat larger parties. They got there first.

The op is frustrated that they didn't get their kitchen sink for reasons beyond their control, there is no reason to attack them.
thank you.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #25
Kermie
Earning My Ears

I am surprised that so many people are so quick to be nasty.
I hope you are all much nicer while at the parks.
Kermie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #26
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermie View Post
Precisely what is nasty about disagreeing with what the OP first posted?

He said that seating a large party was wrong. Some posters disagreed with this. He asked if he was off base with his complaint. Some posters agreed that he was. How does this constitute nastiness?

Its a DISCUSSION board. Ask a question (or two) and you will get replies. And occasionally they may not be the ones you want to hear.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #27
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Whats the difference if there is one party of 16 or four parties of 4??

Seriously, think about it for a sec..there is absolutely no difference, a wait time is a wait time
Unless all four parties of 4 are seated at the same time, it's likely that one party would leave before the others are done, thus opening up a 4 top. Chances are, the wait wouldn't be as long if it were four parties of 4 than 1 party of 16 because the party of 16 will leave all at once...

In any event, while it may be annoying, others are right in that there is nothing that can be done about it. I'd imagine the party of 16 had to wait quite a while too for those tables to open up.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #28
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermie View Post
The OP specifically asked "Am i off base in thinking that seating a part that large is just wrong? no one else could get in because they took up half of the place." - and several of us answered "YES - you are off base." - Didn't see anything nasty here - just disagreeing opinions..which is what happens on a "DIScussion board".
Old 11-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #29
carrie1626
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=davedmaine;46793728]Yes, you're off-base. A party of 16 has just as much right to be there as your entitled family. Get there before them next time.[/QUOTE]

2000 NOV Polynesian 2001 OCT AS Music 2002 AUG Grosvenor DD 2003 AUG DoubleTree DD 2004 NOV Port Orleans French Quarter 2006 NOV POP Century 2010 AUG Animal KingdomLodge 2011 NOV Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 NOV HGVC Internat'l Dr 25th Anniversary trip 2013 DEC Pop/CBR next trip not soon enough
carrie1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #30
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
The OP specifically asked "Am i off base in thinking that seating a part that large is just wrong? no one else could get in because they took up half of the place." - and several of us answered "YES - you are off base." - Didn't see anything nasty here - just disagreeing opinions..which is what happens on a "DIScussion board".
Agree....No one was nasty, it just isn't what the Op probably wanted to hear..Happens on a public discussion forum

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: