Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
toonaspie
Just a poser

The MYW package looks almost cheaper?

I notice a lot of places including this forum often recommend that I buy the tickets separately from my rooms to lower the price. However, when I do the math, it doesn't really add up the way I expect it to...

So I'm calculating a 7 night stay at Pop Century preferred with the 20% disc available for the time I go. This adds up to $946 with the tax included. Now if I were to buy discounted tickets from Undercover Tourist, I am only looking for 6 day and under as I will be doing Universal at least one day on the trip. So if I buy two 6-day MYW tickets from UT, that will cost exactly $561 with tax taken off. The grand total for discounted room and tickets would be $1507.

However the MYW package on the Disney website (using the same room deal) with the tickets altered to a 6 day ticket would equal to exactly $1485.50. And there's a chance I might downgrade to a 5 day ticket to make it slightly less than that.

So is it possible that I am getting a better deal with the MYW package even if it is just a mere $20 savings or did I miscalculate or overlooked something here?
toonaspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:39 AM   #2
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
I notice a lot of places including this forum often recommend that I buy the tickets separately from my rooms to lower the price. However, when I do the math, it doesn't really add up the way I expect it to...

So I'm calculating a 7 night stay at Pop Century preferred with the 20% disc available for the time I go. This adds up to $946 with the tax included. Now if I were to buy discounted tickets from Undercover Tourist, I am only looking for 6 day and under as I will be doing Universal at least one day on the trip. So if I buy two 6-day MYW tickets from UT, that will cost exactly $561 with tax taken off. The grand total for discounted room and tickets would be $1507.

However the MYW package on the Disney website (using the same room deal) with the tickets altered to a 6 day ticket would equal to exactly $1485.50. And there's a chance I might downgrade to a 5 day ticket to make it slightly less than that.

So is it possible that I am getting a better deal with the MYW package even if it is just a mere $20 savings or did I miscalculate or overlooked something here?
With the current room discount, Disney is also offering an additional discount if you add tickets of 4 days or more, so your math is probably correct. Your package would qualify for the additional ticket discount.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: