Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #31
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Yep, get a cheap one to take or rent one. We had our cheapo $15 umbrella stroller stolen at AK when we were there in March. Glad it was our last full park day, and DS was five years old. He just walked the rest of the day. DH spent the rest of the day checking all the stroller parking areas for it when we would move from ride to ride, but we never did find it. The kicker? It had our bright yellow ME tags with our last name attached to it.
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #32
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

I don't even have a stroller, but I'm going to be paranoid now!id definitely rent one vs bringing the Bugaboo. That's a pricey stroller and if I was a then, which I'm not, that's what I'd go for! Scary to think they'd even take your $15 umbrella stroller!

I've seen stroller locks like the Buggyguard...has anyone use one of those before?

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ; 5/2015 - WL

Last edited by lovingeire; 11-27-2012 at 04:54 PM.
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #33
Disneyfan3333
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
I don't even have a stroller, but I'm going to be paranoid now!id definitely rent one vs bringing the Bugaboo. That's a pricey stroller and if I was a then, which I'm not, that's what I'd go for! Scary to think they'd even take your $15 umbrella stroller!

I've seen stroller locks like the Buggyguard...has anyone use one of those before?
We have a buggy guard, it's cute, but i doubt any safer then a basic bike lock

I'm also not bringing our good stroller -- it's only worth about $500, but I know I would constantly be stressed about it getting stolen (however unlikely it is) so its just not worth it to me. We bought a used one specifically for the trip, and while I really like it, I won't be devestated if it goes missing
Disneyfan3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #34
jpdeg99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8tdame View Post
I have never heard of anyone having a stroller stolen at Disney.

I'll change that. Four years ago, I parked our stroller at the bottom of the steps leading to my in-laws room at Port Orleans French Quarter (under the steps, not right in front of them). Came back 10 minutes later and it was gone. Ran up and down the property looking for it, to no avail. Spoke to front desk, security and housekeeping, to no avail. All they could say was strollers get stolen all the time, if it turned up, they'd call me.

We were getting on the ME to the airport in about 20 minutes, my daughters shoes and pajamas were in there. Had to buy a pair of Mickey Crocs in the gift shop, which have since been passed down from kid to kid.

Ever since, we rent strollers and take out the $5 insurance. I guess it was all part of the authentic French Quarter experience.
jpdeg99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #35
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

I purchased a Maclaren Techno off craigslist just for our Disney trips. It fully reclines and has a large hood. I would have rented but wanted something for the airport as well.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #36
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8tdame View Post
Most homeowner's policies do not charge the deductible for theft. Perhaps I am naive or just lucky. I find it hard to believe that people will pay park admission just to troll the parks looking for strollers to steal.
They would get a FL AP, go often, and make a business of it. Wo on Craigslist would know that you didn't buy that stroller you are selling? Same thing in Anaheim.

I'm an honest person, but when I see those strollers, as well as the items people leave on them (if I could have afforded a Petunia Picklebottom diaper bag I would never have let it out of my sight, but people just hang them off the backs of strollers and leave them for hours!), I start thinking about a change in morals...

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #37
Rashadvance
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdeg99 View Post
I'll change that. Four years ago, I parked our stroller at the bottom of the steps leading to my in-laws room at Port Orleans French Quarter (under the steps, not right in front of them). Came back 10 minutes later and it was gone. Ran up and down the property looking for it, to no avail. Spoke to front desk, security and housekeeping, to no avail. All they could say was strollers get stolen all the time, if it turned up, they'd call me.

We were getting on the ME to the airport in about 20 minutes, my daughters shoes and pajamas were in there. Had to buy a pair of Mickey Crocs in the gift shop, which have since been passed down from kid to kid.

Ever since, we rent strollers and take out the $5 insurance. I guess it was all part of the authentic French Quarter experience.
Wow, was it really necessary to take a shot at the French Quarter to tell your story? That was pretty offensive for no reason. Crime happens everywhere.
Rashadvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #38
jpdeg99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashadvance View Post
Wow, was it really necessary to take a shot at the French Quarter to tell your story? That was pretty offensive for no reason. Crime happens everywhere.
Seriously? You need to relax. I'm from New Orleans, born and raised. Every time I tell anyone that story here, that is usually the response I get, and we all laugh about it.

Last edited by jpdeg99; 11-28-2012 at 10:45 AM.
jpdeg99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #39
dlove28
Missin' WDW

OP, you said you were in Florida already so I assume you are driving. If not, the downside to renting is navigating the airport without a stroller. Carrying carry-ons, a diaper bag and a 1yr old through security and the gate can be stressful.
dlove28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #40
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdeg99 View Post
Seriously? You need to relax. I'm from New Orleans, born and raised. Every time I tell anyone that story here, that is usually the response I get, and we all laugh about it.
I've visited twice and tout it was funny. I make similar comments about NOS at Disneyland, remembering well what the real French Quarter smelled like early in the morning as I walked to get my beignets before heading to the airport. . I adore NO, but there are some unpleasant realities of the place.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #41
sbtw13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post

we have a lock and have used it at the zoo. We were planning to use it at disneyworld, but it was to much of a pain in the neck. Several rides the CM 'valet' your stroller (Great Movie Ride/ Safari etc.). We also saw how much they were moving the strollers around and felt badly to lock the wheels together.
sbtw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #42
Tigger1221
DIS Veteran

We used a Stroller lock (the buggy guard) on our city mini. We only locked the back wheels. It was a huge pain and a CM broke it on our 3rd day. It was in Epcot at night and I guess when they were moving them around they didn't see the lock. It was so twisted and messed up we gave up using it. The rest of the trip was much easier without it!

April 2013-DD's 3rd trip, Dec.2012, Oct.2012- DD's 1st trips!!!!
Tigger1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #43
gr8tdame
Enchanted

P -,

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Nov1-15 2014 CBR, Jan 2-14 2013 POFQ, Jan 7 - Jan 17 2012 POR, Sept 28- Oct 5 2011 POR, Sept 18 -Oct 2.2010POR,Sept 18-Oct 3 2009 GF and POR,:Sept 20 -Oct 4,2008 POR ,2007 CSR,2004 GF, 2002 Hard rock,2000 POLY,1999 DTD,1998 GF, 1997 DTD, 1995 ASMU and off site,1990 GF,1989 POLY,1987 CR,1985 GF,1977 offsite,1976 offsite
gr8tdame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #44
dalyes
Earning My Ears

I wouldn't let a 1000. stroller out of my sight!

Last edited by dalyes; 04-24-2013 at 03:31 PM.
dalyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #45
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger1221 View Post
We used a Stroller lock (the buggy guard) on our city mini. We only locked the back wheels. It was a huge pain and a CM broke it on our 3rd day. It was in Epcot at night and I guess when they were moving them around they didn't see the lock. It was so twisted and messed up we gave up using it. The rest of the trip was much easier without it!
How do you know it didn't do it's job? It could be that someone tried to take your stroller, but decided it was too much of a hassle.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: