Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #16
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hm6032 View Post
It's a bugaboo chameleon. I'm thinking renting one might be our best option I'm reading u can get one delivered right to the hotel, anyone use any of those companies they can reccomend? And do they deliver to all hotels? We are staying at AK villas
There are a few companies that deliver right to the hotel. When you leave, just drop it with bell services and they pick it up, too! Super easy and we've always had a great experience doing this. The strollers are clean and in great shape - we rented a double Baby Jogger City Mini. It has a very large canopy, decent basket underneath, full recline, and it's easy to steer.

We've used Orlando Stroller Rental and Magic Strollers and I'd recommend either one. I suggest you add on the insurance *just in case* and I believe Magic Stroller has a parent console and a rain cover which are a nice "extra".

HLAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #17
gr8tdame
Enchanted

I have never heard of anyone having a stroller stolen at Disney. When we took our ds to Disney for the first time we drove so we took both our strollers. One was a travel stroller and the other was a luxury stroller. They were gifts from my mother and they were extremely expensive. Even though the larger convertible stroller was more to fold up and carry we wanted our ds to be comfortable. The idea that someone would steal his stroller just never occurred to me. I think you should take your good stroller as a a rental stroller just seems yucky to me. Lock the wheels if it makes you feel more secure but your child should feel safe and secure in his/her stroller with all the safe textures and smells.
You will also find it much easier to maneuver a well built stroller through the parks. I am sure your homeowner's insurance will cover the cost of the stroller if it is stolen. How anyone could think of stealing a stroller is incomprehensible to me.......very bad Karma for their child. That's like stealing someone's prosthetic limb.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Jan 2-14 2013 POFQ, Jan 7 - Jan 17 2012 POR, Sept 28- Oct 5 2011 POR, Sept 18 -Oct 2.2010POR,Sept 18-Oct 3 2009 GF and POR,:Sept 20 -Oct 4,2008 POR ,2007 CSR,2004 GF, 2002 Hard rock,2000 POLY,1999 DTD,1998 GF, 1997 DTD, 1995 ASMU and off site,1990 GF,1989 POLY,1987 CR,1985 GF,1977 offsite,1976 offsite
gr8tdame is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #18
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's a bugaboo chameleon. I'm thinking renting one might be our best option I'm reading u can get one delivered right to the hotel, anyone use any of those companies they can reccomend? And do they deliver to all hotels? We are staying at AK villas
The ones everyone talks about are Orlando Stroller Rentals, Baby Wheels, and Kingdom Stroller Rentals. All three are about equal as far as reviews and recommendations from Disney sites like this one. Kingdom and Orlando have a slightly wider selection of strollers than Baby Wheels. Kingdom and Baby Wheels are slightly less expensive, and they have free accessories like a rain cover, parent console and cooler bag, Orlando charges $10 for the rain cover, I couldn't find info as to if they even have parent consoles (I didn't look very hard though, honestly). They all have insurance, $15 at Baby Wheels, Orlando differs from stroller to stroller, and $25 at Kingdom. They all deliver and pickup from all area resorts.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #19
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8tdame View Post
I have never heard of anyone having a stroller stolen at Disney. When we took our ds to Disney for the first time we drove so we took both our strollers. One was a travel stroller and the other was a luxury stroller. They were gifts from my mother and they were extremely expensive. Even though the larger convertible stroller was more to fold up and carry we wanted our ds to be comfortable. The idea that someone would steal his stroller just never occurred to me. I think you should take your good stroller as a a rental stroller just seems yucky to me. Lock the wheels if it makes you feel more secure but your child should feel safe and secure in his/her stroller with all the safe textures and smells.
You will also find it much easier to maneuver a well built stroller through the parks. I am sure your homeowner's insurance will cover the cost of the stroller if it is stolen. How anyone could think of stealing a stroller is incomprehensible to me.......very bad Karma for their child. That's like stealing someone's prosthetic limb.

I'm surprised you've never heard of strollers being stolen at Disney. I think the third or fourth thread I read here on the DIS was about a stolen stroller. I've seen several mentions of it since then, by different people. It's shown up enough here on the DIS, to make me think it's a little more of a problem than you would assume.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #20
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

We have used Orlando Stroller Rental (Sept 2011) and they were fantastic!! We got a double city mini and it was spotless. They had it at bell services before we checked in and we dropped it off before we got on the ME. I would recommend them to anyone.

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Mom2Cody06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #21
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

I am pretty law abiding and honest and I would be REALLY tempted to steal that stroller! I think I would rent one or buy a cheapy. I think you will find the City Mini to be a comparable ride for baby. Although I wouldn't know for sure because I have never even seen your stroller in person! I am sooooo jealous!
Nevada Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #22
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy13d69 View Post
I'm surprised you've never heard of strollers being stolen at Disney. I think the third or fourth thread I read here on the DIS was about a stolen stroller. I've seen several mentions of it since then, by different people. It's shown up enough here on the DIS, to make me think it's a little more of a problem than you would assume.
2nd-There have been several threads over on the themepark boards.Apparently, there are thieves that make a good amount of $$ stealing them and then selling them on ebay/craigslist.WDW is wonderful, but it is still the real world, and bad people are still out there.While most times your items are safe, NEVER bring anything you would be devastated to lose
Old 11-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #23
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have never heard of anyone having a stroller stolen at Disney.....I am sure your homeowner's insurance will cover the cost of the stroller if it is stolen. How anyone could think of stealing a stroller is incomprehensible to me.......very bad Karma for their child. That's like stealing someone's prosthetic limb.

It is extremely naive to think a stroller won't be stolen.

Even if your homeowner's insurance covered a stroller loss, it's highly unlikely that it would pay much, due to the deductible cost.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #24
ML_LovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Our stroller was stolen from the Beach Club beach but it was night time and not with a sea of other strollers. I still bought another and will bring it again to Disney. I would be sick though if $1000 stroller got stolen, so why risk it? I agree with others who have said get a cheapie for Disney

ML_LovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #25
gr8tdame
Enchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace

It is extremely naive to think a stroller won't be stolen.

Even if your homeowner's insurance covered a stroller loss, it's highly unlikely that it would pay much, due to the deductible cost.
Most homeowner's policies do not charge the deductible for theft. Perhaps I am naive or just lucky. I find it hard to believe that people will pay park admission just to troll the parks looking for strollers to steal. I think you should take some precautions. I don't leave my money,credit cards and jewel leery lying around the room. I keep valuables in the safe. I always worried more about someone stealing my ds than his stroller and would never leave him unattended.
It is prudent to take the same precautions you do normally.

Jan 2-14 2013 POFQ, Jan 7 - Jan 17 2012 POR, Sept 28- Oct 5 2011 POR, Sept 18 -Oct 2.2010POR,Sept 18-Oct 3 2009 GF and POR,:Sept 20 -Oct 4,2008 POR ,2007 CSR,2004 GF, 2002 Hard rock,2000 POLY,1999 DTD,1998 GF, 1997 DTD, 1995 ASMU and off site,1990 GF,1989 POLY,1987 CR,1985 GF,1977 offsite,1976 offsite
Old 11-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #26
gr8tdame
Enchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML_LovesDisney
Our stroller was stolen from the Beach Club beach but it was night time and not with a sea of other strollers. I still bought another and will bring it again to Disney. I would be sick though if $1000 stroller got stolen, so why risk it? I agree with others who have said get a cheapie for Disney
At Disney most of the thefts occur at the resorts and hotel insurance will only cover $500 maximum.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #27
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm already in FL but will be taking my 12 month old from nov 30-dec 7. We received a high end stroller at our baby shower that costs just over a thousand dollars. I have seen others at the park prior to having DS but I always believed its safe to leave it outside rides and shows. Is this still the case? Or should I purchase a bike lock?
Quote:
Thanks. Mine is a 2 piece one too so getting on and off the buses might be a pain. My other issue with renting one is it needs to fully recline so DS will nap in it. Might have to run to the stores today and see if I can find one. DH is going to kill me lol
$1000 stroller! I wouldn't take that anywhere it could be stolen, even if the risk was low. Treat this just like any other valuable. As others suggested, I would buy a cheap one just to safe. When picking it out, make sure it is easy to fold in and out. I haven't had kids in a carriage for a while, but I remember we had one that used to be really frustrating to get folded up.

Security would cut the chain and move the carriage if it was locked and needed to be moved. I have heard of this being done, especially with the security since 911.

I wouldn't rent one from Disney if you want it to lay down. The ones they have are good for sitting, but not all that comfortable from what I remember.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #28
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Most homeowner's policies do not charge the deductible for theft. Perhaps I am naive or just lucky. I find it hard to believe that people will pay park admission just to troll the parks looking for strollers to steal. I think you should take some precautions. I don't leave my money,credit cards and jewel leery lying around the room. I keep valuables in the safe. I always worried more about someone stealing my ds than his stroller and would never leave him unattended.
It is prudent to take the same precautions you do normally.

Many of the thieves likely have APs or they offset the cost of a park ticket with the "ill gotten Profits" they make, and they do make quite a bit of money selling the strollers they get..I know in the one instance mentioned in one of the threads, the thief got caught by security, was part of a group that did this at many Orlando themeparks and had a van full of higher end strollers that they had managed to nab at just the MK..It happens
Old 11-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #29
mommycal
Mouseketeer

after reading this thread. I take it stroller insurance is a MUST. Probably worth the $20 or $25 if our stroller gets stollen right? :D
mommycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #30
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

There was a post not too long ago where someone saw their stroller go walking out of the park. They alerted security, and when they caught up to the thief in the parking lot, they had a trunk full of strollers.

Don't leave anything of value unattended. The CMs have no way of knowing who owns which stroller. Also, don't leave anything you value in the stroller.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: