Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
springandmac
DIS Veteran

Calling all Bonnet Creek experts

Me, DH and DD19 are staying at Bonnet Creek for the first time next week.

We have a 2 bedroom presidential suite reserved. If I'm understanding the We looooove bonnet creek thread correctly, we'll most likely be in building 6.

What view should I request & when should I request it? While I'd like something nice to look at, I want peace & quiet more. I've read post about DJ's/music playing at the pool and it being heard 14 floors up and all night long.
OKW ~ September 2010 (Annual Mother/Daughter vacation) OKW ~ March 2012 Mother/Daughter vacation
BCV ~ May 2012 (10 Year Anniversary) Wyndham's Bonnet Creek (first stay) ~ Christmas 2012
BCV ~ November 2014 (Annual Mother/Daughter vacation ~ DD's 21st B-day)
springandmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
militaryspousemouse
Earning My Ears

We are arriving next week as well and staying in a 3 Bed Pres and I called a few days ago to confirm our reservation and requested a fireworks view. He said "yeah, okay" so Im not sure if this time a year they even listen to requests, however, if you want a quiet room away from the pool noise in Bldg 6 those would be on the backside (even numbered rooms, I think). Im guessing most people would be requesting a lake/or fireworks view so you may actually get it.
militaryspousemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
Familytradition
Earning My Ears

While I wouldn't consider us "Experts", this coming May will be our 4th time @ Bonnet Creek. Love the place. If you can pick a view - the Epcot view will be specatcular, you'll be able to see the fireworks as well. As for DJ and music all night long ??? That might be a little over exagerrated. Most of the music that is played is during the day, however there is one night of karoke and one other night of just music/dancing. All music stops at 11. We have two boys, 11 and 12. Music never bothered us or them! Hope that helps !
Familytradition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:15 AM   #4
springandmac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by militaryspousemouse
We are arriving next week as well and staying in a 3 Bed Pres and I called a few days ago to confirm our reservation and requested a fireworks view. He said "yeah, okay" so Im not sure if this time a year they even listen to requests, however, if you want a quiet room away from the pool noise in Bldg 6 those would be on the backside (even numbered rooms, I think). Im guessing most people would be requesting a lake/or fireworks view so you may actually get it.
It must be the time of year. I called to confirm my reservation and it rang forever, I was automatically put into a hold que that I was in so long the line would just disconnect. After repeating that process several times, someone finally answered but he was less than personable.
OKW ~ September 2010 (Annual Mother/Daughter vacation) OKW ~ March 2012 Mother/Daughter vacation
BCV ~ May 2012 (10 Year Anniversary) Wyndham's Bonnet Creek (first stay) ~ Christmas 2012
BCV ~ November 2014 (Annual Mother/Daughter vacation ~ DD's 21st B-day)
springandmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #5
militaryspousemouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by springandmac View Post
It must be the time of year. I called to confirm my reservation and it rang forever, I was automatically put into a hold que that I was in so long the line would just disconnect. After repeating that process several times, someone finally answered but he was less than personable.
Sounds exactly like what happened to me. It rang forever and I almost hung up when someone answered as well. Im assuming they are just super busy but his attitude wasnt a good first impression of the resort for me.
militaryspousemouse is offline   Reply With Quote