Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #1411
poohgirl6
I dream of Stormalong Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Just have a couple of questions I'm hoping maybe one of you can answer, how many garden view club level rooms are there at Yacht Club and what part of the resort do they look out over since the new categories came into effect? Do they still look out over the wedding gazebo or are there more overlooking the front of the resort now.Just curious really.. My mind wanders whilst I multitask doing chores and listening to Disney music (hey I boogie to burn off calories too I know I'm a little obsessed:eek :blush) and this popped up.
^^^^^^^^ This, please. I would like to know to know also, bc we have booked a YC CL GV room in Sept. I am assuming it will be on the 5th floor, but wondering what our potential views are besides the wedding gazebo???
Polynesian/Beach Club 1997
Ft. Wilderness 2000
Contemporary 2001
Dolphin/BCV 2006
BWV/AKV Jan 2010
CR/POR Sept 2012
Contemporary Sept 2013
Yacht Club/CR August/Sept 2014

The Fam
DH Me : DD28 DS24 DS17 DS15 DGS4 DGD
Old 01-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #1412
mademluc
Mouseketeer

If only all decisions were this pleasant We've gone back and forth and forth and back and all around lake (crescent) and I guess we've decided on the YC
So, all you kind and understanding experts - my current question is should I make a floor request? We're booking garden view, so my first request is gazebo view but beyond that is higher better or is that just a personal preference and they're all the same...
Thanks everyone! Can't wait to officially change my ticker!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #1413
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickeyMouse View Post
New to Beach Club (first trip on June 7-14). Given the lack of hot quick service breakfast options, I am thinking of upgrading to club level. We stayed CL at the POLY the last trip (mostly for the location of the CL building). It was nice to have access to drinks and snacks. Not sure if I should stick with standard view or go with garden view. Where is the snack room in relation to the lobby, and are the garden view rooms closer to the snack room? Also, I am still reading through these posts, so forgive my next question if it is already posted somewhere. Does anyone have a copy of the CL menu? The IPO at the POLY was able to send me one, so I figure someone will have it.
Hello! We've stayed both CL and non-CL at BC many times, so maybe I can help a little. First, we think there are a ton of breakfast options in and around BC. When we stay non-CL and need something really quick, we stock up on bagels, donuts, pop tarts, cereal, milk, juice and fruit from BC Marketplace in the grocery section. If we need CS for breakfast, we usually head over to BC Marketplace. (We even go to BC Marketplace when staying at other Epcot area resorts.) We liked the old breakfast menu, we like the new breakfast menu, and we like the selection of bakery items. We've also enjoyed breakfast at Picabu, just a few minutes away with a very full breakfast menu. And we often stop for breakfast at the Boardwalk Bakery on the way to DHS.

But we do like CL at BC. BC Marketplace offers more in terms of breakfast selection than the club lounge, but the club lounge is usually more convenient for us. I think Dee has a list of typical CL food offerings on the front page, but for breakfast it's usually fruit, bagels, pastries, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, juice, coffee, etc. All of those items (other than the hard boiled eggs) are available at BC Marketplace, which also offers the breakfast sandwich with potato casserole, the breakfast platter and a variety of groceries. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007564 I haven't seen menus for BC CL or BWI CL (we've stayed at both,) but I know others have posted a Poly menu before, so maybe the IPOs for each operate differently.

Most of the CL rooms are on the 5th floor, but the suites and deluxe rooms are located in other areas of the resort. In addition to regular rooms, we've stayed in a deluxe room and a 2-bedroom suite at BC and didn't mind the walk to the lounge. To get to the lounge and the CL rooms, just take the elevator from the lobby to the 5th floor (need your CL key for that) and the lounge is right there. Makes it VERY easy to grab breakfast in the lounge and head to the bus/boat launch.

And if you can get a garden view room, I'd definitely book it! It's usually just a few dollars more per night and helps you avoid any rooftop/concrete views. I think the garden view rooms are a great value.
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
Old 01-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #1414
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone sitting at SeaTac airport waiting for my flights! And boy is it foggy out, can barely see that there is a plane at the end of walkway yikes! Should be in Florida tonight! Then wdw on Wednesday
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 01-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #1415
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Good morning everyone sitting at SeaTac airport waiting for my flights! And boy is it foggy out, can barely see that there is a plane at the end of walkway yikes! Should be in Florida tonight! Then wdw on Wednesday
Travel safe, Sue! Hope you have a great time! Please warm up the weather in Florida for us - we're arriving next Saturday!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

Old 01-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #1416
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
I hope you have a great time! Florida tonight sounds perfect.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 01-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #1417
KUFamily
Earning My Ears

Silly question for you...is there a door that separates the bathroom sinks from the rest of the room? We've only stayed at a mod before and there was just a curtain. I'm asking because I was wondering if I need to get my husband some ear plugs and one of those eye masks things so we don't bother him while we are getting ready. He gets a little cranky when he gets woken up too early in the morning
Old 01-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #1418
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUFamily View Post
Silly question for you...is there a door that separates the bathroom sinks from the rest of the room? We've only stayed at a mod before and there was just a curtain. I'm asking because I was wondering if I need to get my husband some ear plugs and one of those eye masks things so we don't bother him while we are getting ready. He gets a little cranky when he gets woken up too early in the morning
There is a door that closes off the toilet and tub area, but the sink area does not have a door.

There is a wall that comes out a bit to separate the sink area from the rest of the room. This helps difuse some of the light and sound, but there is no door to complete block things.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 01-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #1419
outahere

Quote:
No door (or curtain) between the sinks and the room at YC. We've never stayed at BC, but the rooms are laid out pretty much the same, so I'm guessing no there as well. The only door is between the sink area and the toilet and tub/shower.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
Old 01-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #1420
KUFamily
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info!! Ear plugs and eye mask thingy are now added to the packing list! Just wish we were a little closer to May so I could start packing!
Old 01-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #1421
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

So excited to be joining this thread because it means I will actually be staying at the Yacht Club in August!!! Just got my confirmation on a super deal that could not be passed up.

I don't think I am even going to tell my boys about SAB, just surprise them. They are going to LOVE it! They are pool/ cool slide obsessed.

Never visited and haven't even been near the Boardwalk area since 1998 when it was pretty new. So I now have to go back and read this whole thread! Pirate cruises, shipwrecks and secret doors...oh my!

Old 01-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #1422
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As others have said - no curtain, but usually tucked around a corner. Looks like this at YC:

And this at BC:

So while the noise is still a factor, we find the light isn't as much of a factor at YC/BC as at a mod.

For example, here's POFQ, with the sinks at the end of the room:

So the light goes straight into the room where the beds are located at most mods. But at YC/BC, the sinks are around the corner, so a little more tucked away. In this YC photo, I'm standing with my back to the balcony and the bathroom sinks are at the opposite end of the room, around the corner from the artwork hanging on the far wall:

Old 01-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #1423
west&east
DIS Veteran

Checked in to BC yesterday! Booked CL GV and requested a day bed. Forgot to ask abour request or room type when we checked in (too busy sipping pinot noir and eating seared tuna and bacon wrapped scallops) so was thrilled to see a great view of SAB and the lagoon. Stand only balcony but wide enough for several of us. We also have a day bed. When we had a Deluxe CL room last trip, the day bed was basically made up into a bed, but this day bed actually has a mattress (already withe sheets) sort of built into the back. You pull a handle thing and it all flips into place. Cool and comfy. No complaints fromDS.

Ate at Hacienda last night and loved it. They are not afraid of spice or flavor. Nice usual breakfast in CL lounge and fantaatic lunch at Tangerine Cafe which Id been wanting to try for years. Now chilling in the room before dinner at Flying Fish using our new Tables in Wonderland card!

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 01-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #1424
KUFamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom

As others have said - no curtain, but usually tucked around a corner. Looks like this at YC:

And this at BC:

So while the noise is still a factor, we find the light isn't as much of a factor at YC/BC as at a mod.

For example, here's POFQ, with the sinks at the end of the room:

So the light goes straight into the room where the beds are located at most mods. But at YC/BC, the sinks are around the corner, so a little more tucked away. In this YC photo, I'm standing with my back to the balcony and the bathroom sinks are at the opposite end of the room, around the corner from the artwork hanging on the far wall:
Thanks for the pictures pixarmom! Hadn't seen any from that view. I see what you mean about it being tucked behind. I think DH will survive . Have a great evening!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #1425
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Excellent photo tour PixarMom!

You captured what I was trying to explain. Nice to have the comparison photo from a mod.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: