Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #1351
jemh628
Mouseketeer

So 110 days to go, another payment made today and I snagged a BOG reservation the other day. I cannot wait to experience BC. Thanks to everyone here for the awesome information and homey feel. Next up booking Pirates League and First haircut at Harmony!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #1352
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me!Thatswho View Post
Good morning all,

Yesterday we arrived at WDW for our first stay at the YC CL. Here are a few random thoughts:

1) Don't travel on a plane with a team of college-aged cheerleaders! Apparently there is a big cheering competition at the Wide World of Sports. Well, to our initial amusement, a rather high percentage of college cheerleaders have never flown before and, to our chagrin, become irrationally terrified when either taking off or landing.

2) Love using the ME, but, when 7 teams of cheerleaders arrive at MCO at or neat the same time, it gets crowded & loud down in the waiting area.

3) The YC is definitely quieter than the BC, and it is beautiful. Sorry BC fans - we've gone completely over to the dark side, as we've found our new home.

4) The CL has the best lobster salad! Living in MA, we're seemingly spoiled, in that you can find it pretty much anywhere. However, the chefs that cater to the the Regatta Club are truly masters of their craft.

5) It is so much quicker to walk to DHS than to take the launches. We starting walking just a one of the Friendship boats arrived a the Studio dock. We on the bridge at the Boardwalk & Swan before it we could see it going under the bridge for the road (Buena Vista Drive - I think). I guess we're going to get tons of exercise this trip!

&, the final one for today:

6) This morning for DS's & my morning jog it was FREEZING. 41 degrees!! What's up with that FL? It was warmer in MA on Tuesday! Come on Mickey, please turn up the heat a little.

3) Welcome Home!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #1353
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemh628 View Post
So 110 days to go, another payment made today and I snagged a BOG reservation the other day. I cannot wait to experience BC. Thanks to everyone here for the awesome information and homey feel. Next up booking Pirates League and First haircut at Harmony!
Pirates League is so cool! Our girls loved it this past summer!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #1354
mademluc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
YC has all full balconies. I'd go with the garden view though at either YC or BC, it's only about $5 more per night.
Doh! (Is there a smilie that smacks itself in the head?) Of course you're right - so garden view it is. Do I try for YC because I'll probably most definitely get a balcony or does BC have nicer garden views? Am I nitpicking? Are there usually conventioneers in early August? Does one get more than the other? Please forgive me if I sound like I'm badgering you all I just want to make the right choice for everyone

Old 01-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #1355
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
To all those who sent prayers and good thoughts our way, my niece passed
away late this afternoon, surrounded by family. As sad as we are it was a blessing. We are so thankful that she was able to get through Christmas.

Thank you to all my friends who kept her and her daughters in your prayers.

Robyn, So sorry to hear this news. Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

~Nannette

Old 01-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #1356
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mademluc View Post
Doh! (Is there a smilie that smacks itself in the head?) Of course you're right - so garden view it is. Do I try for YC because I'll probably most definitely get a balcony or does BC have nicer garden views? Am I nitpicking? Are there usually conventioneers in early August? Does one get more than the other? Please forgive me if I sound like I'm badgering you all I just want to make the right choice for everyone
Not nitpicking or badgering here. We love it!

In MY opinion and as a BC fan I think the gazebo view at YC are some of the best in all of WDW. Not sure about convention times? Maybe someone else can answer that one.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #1357
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mademluc

We love the questions! It's a friendly group here.
YC has beautiful garden views but you can't go wrong with either resort. I've just always preferred the YC. I've been many times when there were conventions and many times when there were no conventions. They never bothered me at all.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #1358
busymommy2pink
Lost in Neverland

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
OK, here's what I think I'm going to do.

I have a description of the 3 view categories in the FAQ Section on Page 1. I don't have any pictures, depicting the actual views you may have from your room, so I think I will put up a couple of samples- maybe an awesome view, a nice view and the worst view I can find for each of the categories.

I have been "collecting" some views for awhile, so I need to take a look to see what I have- I may be asking for your help if I need a particular view.

For now, if you have what you consider a "horrendous" view for the category, for example:

Standard- overlooking a dumpster or air conditioning unit

Garden View- trees or other foliage in desperate need of a pruning

Water View- peek-a-boo view of water

please email me at beachclubdee@yahoo.com

Recent pictures only, since the reclassification in view category: 1/1/2011
Ooooooh we had a "special" garden view. Let me see if I have pics lol.

MEDHDD8DD5

coming soon fam jam part 2 May 2015!!
planning sept 2014 with sister and nephew first time and dd5!! AKL or POR
Beach Club 10 days fam jam/little sis 1st time! August 2013!
Beach Club stay 11 days May 2012! First Family Vacation!!!
AKL 2010 ~~ Girls Only Trip...with my BFF and DD and her BFF
Old 01-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #1359
busymommy2pink
Lost in Neverland

We are booked! August 20-30. What is this labor day special you are all talking about though? I booked rack hoping for a deal lol. Pease let me know if you have some secret deals! Are these dates on an American holiday? Will it be busY? Would I be better off a week earlier?

we are bringing my 15 year old sister with us this time. Her first time ever out of Canada, let alone to Disney world! Over the moon to have her come with us. She's very excited about the pool!

MEDHDD8DD5

coming soon fam jam part 2 May 2015!!
planning sept 2014 with sister and nephew first time and dd5!! AKL or POR
Beach Club 10 days fam jam/little sis 1st time! August 2013!
Beach Club stay 11 days May 2012! First Family Vacation!!!
AKL 2010 ~~ Girls Only Trip...with my BFF and DD and her BFF
Old 01-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #1360
8lovesmickey
I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Laughin' Place is where I'll be!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT

We always do rope drop from IG and have never had a problem. Last week were running a little late and hit the turnstiles there around 9:00 and the gates had already opened. I went directly to Test Track for FP's and the rest of my crew went to Soarin. They walked directly on Soarin and we walked back over to TT and had a maybe 5-10 minute wait.

When we were there this past August we were in line for RD. They let us in a few minutes before 9:00 and we went directly to Soarin. TT was closed at this time so ALL early morning gate crashers were heading toward Soarin. We grabbed FP's and still were one of the first groups on Soarin.

So no, in my opinion there is no disadvantage to IG.

Here's a pic of IG right before opening on that first week of August. A 10 on crowd calendars.....
Awesome, thanks. We are lucky to be going mid-April, several weeks after Easter and a 2 on crowd calendars. Sounds like the International Gateway will be just great.

Disneyland Hotel Disney's Grand Californian Paradise Pier Hotel All Star Sports
Port Orleans French Quarter Pop Century Beach Club
[/FONT]
Old 01-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #1361
8lovesmickey
I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Laughin' Place is where I'll be!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemh628
Awesome! We snagged a BOG res for April and Re super excited . Down to 86 days...

Disneyland Hotel Disney's Grand Californian Paradise Pier Hotel All Star Sports
Port Orleans French Quarter Pop Century Beach Club
[/FONT]
Old 01-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #1362
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me!Thatswho View Post
Good morning all,

Yesterday we arrived at WDW for our first stay at the YC CL. Here are a few random thoughts:

1) Don't travel on a plane with a team of college-aged cheerleaders! Apparently there is a big cheering competition at the Wide World of Sports. Well, to our initial amusement, a rather high percentage of college cheerleaders have never flown before and, to our chagrin, become irrationally terrified when either taking off or landing.

2) Love using the ME, but, when 7 teams of cheerleaders arrive at MCO at or neat the same time, it gets crowded & loud down in the waiting area.

3) The YC is definitely quieter than the BC, and it is beautiful. Sorry BC fans - we've gone completely over to the dark side, as we've found our new home.

4) The CL has the best lobster salad! Living in MA, we're seemingly spoiled, in that you can find it pretty much anywhere. However, the chefs that cater to the the Regatta Club are truly masters of their craft.

5) It is so much quicker to walk to DHS than to take the launches. We starting walking just a one of the Friendship boats arrived a the Studio dock. We on the bridge at the Boardwalk & Swan before it we could see it going under the bridge for the road (Buena Vista Drive - I think). I guess we're going to get tons of exercise this trip!

&, the final one for today:

6) This morning for DS's & my morning jog it was FREEZING. 41 degrees!! What's up with that FL? It was warmer in MA on Tuesday! Come on Mickey, please turn up the heat a little.

Don't worry it is absolutely freezing here in MA today
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 01-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #1363
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Just booked YC CL standard view, do these have daybeds? I was told by CRO that they did so I did not make request.
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 01-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #1364
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

51 days to go until my very first stay at the beach club!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #1365
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

MeThatsWho, thanks for the report and continue enjoying your trip. Looks like slightly warmer weather is around the corner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
5) We have raced (and beat) the HS boats twice in July, and it was brutal in the heat, but I would be all over that in January!
We ALWAYS beat the boat. And we're walking with a tiny just-turned-6-year-old.
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: