Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #1231
adecker08
Earning My Ears

We are booked! First time to Disney and can't wait to stay at the BC 😃 We will be there Aug. 24th-30...so excited, now off to plan.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #1232
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
OK, it is time for someone to go to bed!

I read "House made of Potato Chips"

And wanted to know why I didn't know about this!

Thanks! And have a fantastic trip!
LOL! Maybe the Potato Chip House will be the new BC summer attraction, taking the place of the Gingerbread Display!

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 07:36 AM   #1233
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUFamily View Post
Just wondering how much, if any, people have used the IPO for planning etc. I am wanting to book an albatross cruise for DS 8 and a haircut at the barber in MK. Also considering a fishing excursion for DH and DS. Is this the kind of stuff they can help with?

Also wondering if anyone else has had trouble booking an ADR at Be Our Guest for dinner? I can't get in for any night of our 2 week stay and I'm just a little bummed. Guess I should have made an ADR at the 180 day mark even though this trip was only a dream then . Oh well, can't complain too much since I was able to get all the other ADRs I wanted!

Thanks in advance for all the info I know you'll send my way. Y'all are great!!
Those sound like perfect things for the IPO to help with! Absolutely email or call them and they will set it all up. You may have to give your credit card # so they can have it on file for those activities that require it.
It has been crazy trying to get an ADR for BOG. The IPO will keep trying for you if you prompt them to check again every so often. When is your trip?

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 01-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #1234
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUFamily
Just wondering how much, if any, people have used the IPO for planning etc. I am wanting to book an albatross cruise for DS 8 and a haircut at the barber in MK. Also considering a fishing excursion for DH and DS. Is this the kind of stuff they can help with?

Also wondering if anyone else has had trouble booking an ADR at Be Our Guest for dinner? I can't get in for any night of our 2 week stay and I'm just a little bummed. Guess I should have made an ADR at the 180 day mark even though this trip was only a dream then . Oh well, can't complain too much since I was able to get all the other ADRs I wanted!

Thanks in advance for all the info I know you'll send my way. Y'all are great!!
My 180 day mark was yesterday. While making my ADR's over the phone because online wouldn't let me book 180+10, I was able to get Be Our Guest for 10 of us on the night I wanted. I think the CM was more excited than me! She commented that this was the first ADR she's been able to book there. It must be the new CRT/Le Cellier-the highly coveted ADR. Keep trying....maybe one will open up for you!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 01-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #1235
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

What's an email for an IPO? I want to schedule the Albatross Cruise for the kids, but have really procrastinated.....

Old 01-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #1236
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
What's an email for an IPO? I want to schedule the Albatross Cruise for the kids, but have really procrastinated.....
If you are staying club level, the IPO (Itinerary Planning Office) can help you make reservations.

If you are staying club level, you can email them at:
yacht.beach.club.itinerary.planning@disneyworld.co m

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #1237
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Yes we are BC GV CL 05/11-05/20. Thanks for the information!!!!!!

Old 01-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #1238
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Yes we are BC GV CL 05/11-05/20. Thanks for the information!!!!!!
No problem! Happy Planning!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #1239
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Bump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMom2Three View Post
I've looked at the BC CL food pics on various threads, but I'm still wondering if CL would be a wise option for our family of 5. Some of us are vegetarian, some vegan and one dairy allergy. I've seen pics of oatmeal with numerous toppings (not sure if it's cooked in milk), hummus, fresh fruits and veggies, pretzels, and breads and crackers (although the latter may or may not be okay for a couple of us).

I can see substantial savings for our family if we stay CL. We would all eat oatmeal and fruit for breakfast. And we would even make a light lunch out of the bread and crackers (if we can all eat them) with hummus and fresh fruits & veggies. And of course the bottled water is a plus.

I'm wondering if they make any amendments for guests with dietary differences (or at least my DD's dairy allergy). Does anyone know how likely it would be that they'd prepare oatmeal with water instead of milk, or offer allergy-friendly cookies, for instance?

Thank you!
This post prompted me to think of a lot of questions.

You are not really supposed to contact IPO or CL CMs before you have booked this level, but where would someone go to ask an official Disney representative to find out this kind of info, like the ingredients of the menu items?

I remember seeing an email address for guests with food allegies to use prior to their trips (Barbara???)- is that a place where you can get info or assistance about dietary restrictions at club level in addition to Disney restaurants?

ETA: I haven't visited the DISabilities forums on this site, but I believe they have lots of info about food allergies and gluten-free dining there.

I would be glad to add a section about food allergies, gluten free diets or vegetarian/vegan options at the Yacht & Beach resort if I have the info.
If you are planning a trip or have returned from a recent vacation and you have any tips to offer, I would love to hear them!

Last edited by natebenma; 01-15-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #1240
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole95 View Post
We are getting ready to book a trip to the Beach Club for late May. We will be reserving a regular Garden View room. Two adults and two children (9 and 6).

Are there any types of specific requests anyone would recommend?

Also, I know the map on the first page was made before the Garden View category was added. Does anyone know what rooms might be considered Garden View these days.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for May.

If you want a full balcony instead of smaller Juliet balcony, you may want to add "Full balcony, please" as a request on your reservation.

If a daybed is important to you, you can request that.

The FAQ section on page 1 has some info about room requests.

I'm not sure which rooms are now GV, but if I had to guess I would say the rooms that look out onto a courtyard from the side. Like the rooms that run along the BC back entrance which don't have a frontal view of the lagoon.

I think some of the rooms near 1501 that look out at trees in the direction of EPCOT are GV.

Views where you can see rooftops or parking lots are considered SV, so probably most of the rooms that face towards the BC front entrance would be in that classification.

HTH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adecker08 View Post
We are booked! First time to Disney and can't wait to stay at the BC �� We will be there Aug. 24th-30...so excited, now off to plan.

You are starting off in the right place for your visit!

Let us know if you have any questions.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #1241
BusyMom2Three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
My husband and my friend's son are both lactose intolerant. We let them know ahead of time and they had plenty of lactaid milk every morning and evening and whenever you needed. If they made the oatmeal with water, it would probably be the instant variety, but I think there is a good chance they would provide it. There's also bagels, toasts, hard boiled eggs, etc. It would be very well worth it for a family of 5. Just send them your restrictions and requests ahead of time.

We arrive Friday and my 13 year old is so so so excited for the house made potato chips in the lounge!
It's nice to know they made an amenity for your family with the milk. Whole oats can be boiled in either water or milk, so that could be an easy modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
This post prompted me to think of a lot of questions.

You are not really supposed to contact IPO or CL CMs before you have booked this level, but where would someone go to ask an official Disney representative to find out this kind of info, like the ingredients of the menu items?

I remember seeing an email address for guests with food allegies to use prior to their trips (Barbara???)- is that a place where you can get info or assistance about dietary restrictions at club level in addition to Disney restaurants?

ETA: I haven't visited the DISabilities forums on this site, but I believe they have lots of info about food allergies and gluten-free dining there.

I would be glad to add a section about food allergies, gluten free diets or vegetarian/vegan options at the Yacht & Beach resort if I have the info.
If you are planning a trip or have returned from a recent vacation and you have any tips to offer, I would love to hear them!

A few years ago there was a woman named Brenda in charge of Special Diets whom I contacted a couple of times, and she was an incredible resource. She no longer works there, and since her departure Special Diets has become more streamlined and therefore less informative/helpful, but I do think contacting them would probably be the way to go, or maybe even speaking to the resort manager regarding CL questions.

We will prob just leave our ressie as is for this trip (non-CL), but I'll post any veggie and allergy options I notice. Having that kind of info in this thread would be fantastic!

1985 Tokyo Disneyland (Hilton Tokyo Bay)
Mar 2007 Pop Century
Mar 2009 Pop Century
Mar 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
Mar 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Feb-Mar 2013 Beach Club
Feb-Mar 2014 Pop Century
Old 01-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #1242
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Yay! DD (11) & DS (6) will be on the May 15 Albatross Cruise at 9:30a!! I emailed IPO, they responded with date options and a confirmation number. I called as instructed to give my CC number (the woman initially told me it was a "pay in full at time of booking" but then found out it was actually only a CC hold), confirmation number and the date I wanted... Poof, the kids were booked! I'm going to surprise them with it that morning. I'm so glad they get to go together! (Technically Giuliana will have turned 12 a few days before, but after our arrival).

Old 01-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #1243
west&east
DIS Veteran

The previous post raised a question for me. Does anyone know where they actually prepare the CL food for BC/ YC? I imagine the restaurant kitchens do the hot things in the evenings and the desserts but what about the hard boiled eggs and the big pans of oatmeal? Just curious how this little bit of magic happens behind the scenes.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #1244
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to pop in and share! Flights are now booked, but had to adjust our dates so we could fly on points

Our new dates are April 20-27 at the Beach Club.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #1245
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Dee, the house of chips was hilarious and the original post was the most confusing thing ever. I couldn't figure it out - I even looked back at the first page because I could have sworn you both described the chips and posted your photo of it. And of course, you did! I was stumped, but would have never guessed that you thought it was a house OF chips.

I like west&east's suggestion - house of chips in the lobby after the gbread season ends!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: