Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #1216
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydee6 View Post
Just booked our trip officially!! After 5 stays in BC we will be trying out YC for the first time. With the discount we are using, it was either waterview for either YC or BC (an extra $250) or standard YC, so we chose standard at YC May 20th week!

We usually try for GV, but didn't work out for us, any chance we will still get a decent view? Guess we will ask for a nice view at check in, cuz we have been lucky with our garden views at BC. We also got great ressie times for Cape May and another first, Ohanas.

Another quick inquiry, We usually go to BC Marketplace to buy the refillable mugs for coffee and sodas, we can get the same at Ale and Compass yes? Thanks

I'll add your info to the Be Our Guest list.

Honestly, I don't find the standard view to be horrible. You may be looking at rooftops or maybe at other resort rooms or the front parking lot.

You should be able to purchase the refill mugs at Ale & Compass, and get refills there, but I think only until noon based on others' reports.

Hurricane Hanna's and the Beaches & Cream refill window are another couple of places you can get refills, but not sure if you can purchase the mugs there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momom View Post
Hi all, we are headed back to BC after several years away. I used to have a map that showed a floor by floor map of the BC with room numbers and categories for each room. The website that it was on does not show it anymore. Does anyone know where I might find that again? I am trying to remember what to request for our standard view room. Thanks so much.
back

When is your trip?

I have the Disney Zone map link on Page 1, in the Beach Club Room Post (may be Post 8 or 9). Along with the disclaimer that the map was prepared before there was a garden view category, so some of the rooms listed as standard view may now have a different designation.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #1217
momom
Mouse Lover

Our trip is June 8-15. We are so excited to go back to our beloved BC. No other Disney resort even comes close for us. Thank you for the link. That was exactly what I was looking for. Not very observant of me to miss it on the first page, so sorry. Also, thanks for pointing out that things have changed with the garden view now. I think I will call and have us changed from SV to GV. We have always been very lucky and gotten really lovely views with SV, but I don't think I will chance it since the change. Thanks for all the help.
6/1999-Wyndham Resort-Downtown Disney 6/2000-offsite 6/2001-Beach Club 7/2003-Beach Club 7/2005-Animal Kingdom Lodge 7/2006-Beach Club 7/2007-Beach Club 7/2008-Wilderness Lodge 7/2009-Beach Club 7/2010-Poly 7/2013-Beach Club

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #1218
BusyMom2Three
Mouseketeer

Vegetarian & vegan food BC CL?

I've looked at the BC CL food pics on various threads, but I'm still wondering if CL would be a wise option for our family of 5. Some of us are vegetarian, some vegan and one dairy allergy. I've seen pics of oatmeal with numerous toppings (not sure if it's cooked in milk), hummus, fresh fruits and veggies, pretzels, and breads and crackers (although the latter may or may not be okay for a couple of us).

I can see substantial savings for our family if we stay CL. We would all eat oatmeal and fruit for breakfast. And we would even make a light lunch out of the bread and crackers (if we can all eat them) with hummus and fresh fruits & veggies. And of course the bottled water is a plus.

I'm wondering if they make any amendments for guests with dietary differences (or at least my DD's dairy allergy). Does anyone know how likely it would be that they'd prepare oatmeal with water instead of milk, or offer allergy-friendly cookies, for instance?

Thank you!

1985 Tokyo Disneyland (Hilton Tokyo Bay)
Mar 2007 Pop Century
Mar 2009 Pop Century
Mar 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
Mar 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Feb-Mar 2013 Beach Club
Feb-Mar 2014 Pop Century
Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #1219
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMom2Three View Post
I've looked at the BC CL food pics on various threads, but I'm still wondering if CL would be a wise option for our family of 5. Some of us are vegetarian, some vegan and one dairy allergy. I've seen pics of oatmeal with numerous toppings (not sure if it's cooked in milk), hummus, fresh fruits and veggies, pretzels, and breads and crackers (although the latter may or may not be okay for a couple of us).

I can see substantial savings for our family if we stay CL. We would all eat oatmeal and fruit for breakfast. And we would even make a light lunch out of the bread and crackers (if we can all eat them) with hummus and fresh fruits & veggies. And of course the bottled water is a plus.

I'm wondering if they make any amendments for guests with dietary differences (or at least my DD's dairy allergy). Does anyone know how likely it would be that they'd prepare oatmeal with water instead of milk, or offer allergy-friendly cookies, for instance?

Thank you!
My husband and my friend's son are both lactose intolerant. We let them know ahead of time and they had plenty of lactaid milk every morning and evening and whenever you needed. If they made the oatmeal with water, it would probably be the instant variety, but I think there is a good chance they would provide it. There's also bagels, toasts, hard boiled eggs, etc. It would be very well worth it for a family of 5. Just send them your restrictions and requests ahead of time.

We arrive Friday and my 13 year old is so so so excited for the house made potato chips in the lounge!

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 01-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #1220
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
We arrive Friday and my 13 year old is so so so excited for the house made potato chips in the lounge!
Wait! What?
Old 01-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #1221
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Wait! What?
Offered in the afternoon with a yummy dip in the club level lounge...

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 01-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #1222
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
Offered in the afternoon with a yummy dip in the club level lounge...
OK, it is time for someone to go to bed!

I read "House made of Potato Chips"

And wanted to know why I didn't know about this!

Thanks! And have a fantastic trip!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #1223
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1073 View Post
Just bumping this question..

Anyone been in both April and August? We stayed at the YC in 8/11 and I did not enjoy the pool very much (rained every afternoon, 7 months pregnant, water was HOT, not refreshing). Is it better in April? I'm thinking of giving it another try!

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We were there in both April and August. The August trip was very hot and it poured rain every afternoon. I don't remember much about SAB, but we'll never go in August again. It was just too hot and humid outside.

The most recent trip to BC was the end April, beginning of May 2011. It was wonderful weather for the pool. I even got my husband in the lazy river and he almost never goes swimming on our trips. But we left SAB to go to the BCV quiet pool because it would get so crowded there. We loved the quiet pool. There were very few kids there, they were all at the SAB pool, so that was nice.

April is a great time for WDW because the Flower and Garden Show was there then. I think that was one of our best trips.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 01-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #1224
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And wanted to know why I didn't know about this!

Thanks! And have a fantastic trip!
Too funny!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #1225
KUFamily
Earning My Ears

Just wondering how much, if any, people have used the IPO for planning etc. I am wanting to book an albatross cruise for DS 8 and a haircut at the barber in MK. Also considering a fishing excursion for DH and DS. Is this the kind of stuff they can help with?

Also wondering if anyone else has had trouble booking an ADR at Be Our Guest for dinner? I can't get in for any night of our 2 week stay and I'm just a little bummed. Guess I should have made an ADR at the 180 day mark even though this trip was only a dream then . Oh well, can't complain too much since I was able to get all the other ADRs I wanted!

Thanks in advance for all the info I know you'll send my way. Y'all are great!!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #1226
Tink1073
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

I think I had replied before that my only two stays at the Beach Club have been in July. I did want to comment that the first year we went, 2009, I also found the pool to be on the warm side. The following year, same week in 2010, we found the pool to be much more refreshing than it had been on our first trip. So it can definitely vary.

I would certainly think the pool temps would be very comfortable in April!
Thank you! The pool temp was so hot when we went it was like a bath! But, I guess that's what you get in August...

I just switched resorts, so we are booked for BC GV 4/15-4/22!! I'm so excited to give it another try!

1984 off site, 1986 CR, 1991 off site, 03/05 POR, 03/07 off site, 07/07 off site, 04/08 off site, 11/08 AKL/POR, 05/09 Swan, 5/10 AKV, 8/11 YC, 5/12 AKV, 4/13 BC
Old 01-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #1227
Tink1073
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph

We were there in both April and August. The August trip was very hot and it poured rain every afternoon. I don't remember much about SAB, but we'll never go in August again. It was just too hot and humid outside.

The most recent trip to BC was the end April, beginning of May 2011. It was wonderful weather for the pool. I even got my husband in the lazy river and he almost never goes swimming on our trips. But we left SAB to go to the BCV quiet pool because it would get so crowded there. We loved the quiet pool. There were very few kids there, they were all at the SAB pool, so that was nice.

April is a great time for WDW because the Flower and Garden Show was there then. I think that was one of our best trips.
Thank you! I don't think we'll go in August again either! It poured from about 2-9 every day!! And it was still hot/humid. I can't wait to explore the Flower & Garden show. We've visited before in April and enjoyed it.

1984 off site, 1986 CR, 1991 off site, 03/05 POR, 03/07 off site, 07/07 off site, 04/08 off site, 11/08 AKL/POR, 05/09 Swan, 5/10 AKV, 8/11 YC, 5/12 AKV, 4/13 BC
Old 01-15-2013, 03:51 AM   #1228
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Dee's up past 10....

This is GOOD!

Old 01-15-2013, 05:07 AM   #1229
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Dee's up past 10....

This is GOOD!
OK, it's morning again. That's better!

Last edited by natebenma; 01-15-2013 at 05:34 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #1230
Nole95
Mouseketeer

We are getting ready to book a trip to the Beach Club for late May. We will be reserving a regular Garden View room. Two adults and two children (9 and 6).

Are there any types of specific requests anyone would recommend?

Also, I know the map on the first page was made before the Garden View category was added. Does anyone know what rooms might be considered Garden View these days.

Last edited by Nole95; 01-15-2013 at 07:19 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: