Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #1156
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Home is where the heart is!

I Love This Place....That is all. Gotta go. Last day

Old 01-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #1157
brajfamily
Mousketeer

Any suggestions for garden view rooms? We have stayed at BC serval times and have been water/pool view. Have a favorite room for that level but no idea for garden view. Thanks!

April 2013 - BC, April 2012 - BC, July 2011 - BC, Feb 2011 - BC, Nov 2010 - OLCC, June 2010 - OLCC, April 2010 - Poly, April 2009 - CBR, Feb 2009 - Poly, April 2008 - Pop, April 2007 - OLCC, March 2006 - OLCC, April 2003 - OLCC, April 2001 - CBR, April 2000 - off-site
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #1158
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

I think this is probably a no, but can refillable mugs be topped up at the BW as well as Y&BC? Just thought if we are strolling round the lake it might be a nice option to have...

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

Old 01-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #1159
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
I think this is probably a no, but can refillable mugs be topped up at the BW as well as Y&BC? Just thought if we are strolling round the lake it might be a nice option to have...
I believe the answer is no. The Y&BC are separate resorts from the BW, so if you purchased the mug at Y&BC that is where you should refill it. Perhaps before you head off for your stroll.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #1160
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Alison, and my husband and I are taking our three children (11, 8, 7) to the BC club level August 31 through September 7th. We went last year for the kids' first visit to Disney and stayed at the AoA Cars suites and had a great time. I think that was a perfect first visit resort - we absolutely loved it. We visited most of the deluxe resorts for dinners last year, and we liked the BC for it's convenience to everything and so many options for things to do within walking distance. We had originally thought of doing the AoA again because it was so wonderful, but since this is a second trip, we will likely slow the pace down a little bit, and the BC seems PERFECT for that. Also, I believe the week we are going is much less crowded than when we went last year (mid-August) -- so enjoying a less frenzied pace will be wonderful.

I've stayed at the CR, Swan & Dolphin, and also several offsite hotels over the years. We're looking forward to club level at the BC. My husband loves pampering, so he's probably the most excited of all of us.

I have to say that this is such a wonderful and informative thread! Thank you to Natebenma's hard work in keeping it so organized. Everything I wanted to know was SO easy to find. Kudos!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #1161
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1073 View Post
Hi Everyone! Been awhile since I posted here. Our last stay at the YC was in August 2011. It was our first stay at the YC. I didn't have the greatest time, for many reasons. I'm thinking of trying BC for our trip this April. (4/15-4/22).

Is the pool as crowded in April as August?

Also, to get s full balcony, is that what we request? Or are there specific rooms I should request. Going with a garden view room.

Thanks!!
The pool (and the parks) could be crowded that week because it is a school vacation week for a lot of schools in New England (and probably elsewhere).

I would suggest just requesting a full balcony, not necessarily a specific room. If you request a specific room, and it is not available, you could end up in whatever they do have available.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
Old 01-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #1162
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
Ok it's official!!!! I am no longer a lurker, we have made the final decision! We have 2rooms booked for August 25-september 1st at the Yacht Club CL. I love the beach club it is my first choice but I have to have a balcony it was truly missed on our last visit to POR. 50/50 chance with 2rooms getting balcony I just couldn't take a chance at being disappointed. Or play Rock Paper Scissors with my mom for room with the balcony ;( didn't see that working out well.
I am so excited for our trip I can not wait! This will be our first CL stay, we are celebrating my mom's 60 th bday. I think it's a great way to celebrate

So glad you have decided to stick around!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUFamily View Post
Ok so I've been lurking around here so long that I've read all 70 something pages. I have to say what an amazing group of people y'all are!!! Can't thank you enough for the great info I've gotten. We have booked a room for May 25-June 8 at BC and I can hardly wait. Now I just have to convince the family to go CL. It sounds fabulous! We stayed at Caribbean Beach Club 3 years ago and had a wonderful time, didn't expect to get back so soon or stay deluxe!! Probably our last trip for a while so I want to make sure we do as much as possible. I'll be traveling with DH (who's not a huge Disney fan, working on converting him though), DS 8, and my mom. Most days are park days and we will be spending three days off sight to go to Universal, June 9-11. Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but we do want to go to the beach and wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to which ones are closest. DS 8 hasn't ever been to a real beach, we live in Kansas, definitely not an ocean around here! Also wondering about favorite activities at BC that we shouldn't miss? Thanks for any advice!
to this thread and the DIS!!!

I hope you are able to convince the family to upgrade!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on page 1.

First time at US/IoA? Where are you staying? My family visited in 2011. If you want to read about it, the Welcome Foolish Muggles trip report in my signature is about that trip.

I'm glad some people responded to you about the beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
Yeah!! We have set our dates for December 14-22, 2013 at BC GV!! Hoping to convince my sister to come with (who has never been) and celebrate her 35th birthday!!!

Glad you set the dates! I'll update the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyda View Post
I stayed at the BC last October with sons and grandsons....One of the boys was unable to go, so....DS, DDIL and DGS (13) will be accompanying me to the BC from Feb 28 thru March 6....48 days from NOW!!!!! This will be their first time ever to Disney World!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!!! Booked a GV room and am hoping to get a full balcony and a daybed...(I'm sure DGS won't want to bunk with Grama!!!) ADR's at CG (bkfst), SAI, R&C, MM, Boma and the Biergarten... We're celebrating my retirement (just left nursing after 30+ years) and DDIL's birthday....Please add us to the list! From Tulsa to WDW...yipeeeee!!!
back!

Are you returning to the BC?

I'll add you to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes4eeyore View Post
Arriving at the BEACH CLUB on the 26th!! Club level...so excited! Just 2 weeks!
I don't have you on the list, so

I'll get that corrected in a jiffy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidanself View Post
Morning!

My sister and I will be going to the Beach Club next week and have upgraded to the Club Level. You can't imagine how excited we are. I emailed the IPO yesterday and let them know some of the reservations we had made, I made a couple simple requests, and then one bigger one...
to the DIS and this thread!

I hope you get a good response when you recontact IPO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
We are booked in a standard room Club level at the BC for the week of labor day. Does anybody know if any of the standard rooms on the Club level have balconies? I don't care about the view -- I could look at an air conditioner or a roof and drink my coffee and not mind it. I'm a grump in the morning, so having a private spot would be nice to sip coffee while everybody else is getting ready. Possible to have a balcony, or not?
I answered your question about the balconies, but I wanted to make sure to give you an official

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Edit to add- thanks for the very kind comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1073 View Post
Hi Everyone! Been awhile since I posted here. Our last stay at the YC was in August 2011. It was our first stay at the YC. I didn't have the greatest time, for many reasons. I'm thinking of trying BC for our trip this April. (4/15-4/22).

Is the pool as crowded in April as August?

Also, to get s full balcony, is that what we request? Or are there specific rooms I should request. Going with a garden view room.

Thanks!!
Let us know when you have booked your trip! I don't know the answer about the pool crowds since I have only been to the BC in July, so hopefully others can answer.

Add "Full balcony, please" to your reservation to request one. Not a guarantee, but it is the best way to let the room assigners know what is important to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Not the best run. It was borderline HOT! But we all made it.

Way To Go Mike and family!!!

Congrats!

Enjoy the rest of your day today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
Thanks. I'll try the thread out. And by the way, Atlantis was AWESOME! I had PM'd you about the dining plan a while back. We did not end up getting it and pretty glad we didn't. Thanks again!
I'm glad you enjoyed Atlantis. We had such a blast in April!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Hi Y&BC peeps. I have been hanging around since booking our next stay BCV. I just saw this news that the new bakery in The France Pavillion would be opening earlier than 11 AM for breakfast. Thought this thread oughta know!
http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/boula...Q5RzWE.twitter

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Thanks for the heads up on this!!! I don't make it over to the forums other than trip reports, so I hadn't seen this.

What a great option for a light international breakfast treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Hi YC / BC friends! I feel like it has taken forever to get caught back up on this thread after the holidays. And, even though the chaos of the holidays is behind us, we are now back in full swing with the kids' activities. My DD13 is in the middle-school play and my DS10 does competitive gymnastics. So if I'm not chauffeuring someone, sitting in a gym, packing a snack, hounding someone about homework, doing laundry, cooking dinner, or picking something up, it is a miracle!
Great story (that I snipped) about your Christmas morning surprise! Must be great to be able to discuss the trip with the whole family now!

What play is your daughter doing? My 11 year old son is doing his first middle school play, Pom Pom Zombies. The show looks really fun. Unfortunately, he won't be performing in the spring musical for our regular theatre group. They are doing Aristocats and although he didn't audition, he was cast as Napoleon the dog. But the rehearsal schedules were going to be too much, so he passed on that show

Last edited by natebenma; 01-13-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #1163
bzzelady
DIS Veteran

Please add us to the arriving soon list...we scheduled a quick 2 days prior to our cruise next week! Will be there 1/22-1/24 over in the villas!!!!!

Me DH DD13 DM
Old 01-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #1164
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzelady View Post
Please add us to the arriving soon list...we scheduled a quick 2 days prior to our cruise next week! Will be there 1/22-1/24 over in the villas!!!!!
Will do!!!

Have a fantastic trip and cruise!

Hey, everyone else!

I think I have the Be Our Guest list updated with all of the info I have. Please take a peek to make sure I haven't missed including you and that I have you listed correctly.

If any info needs to be updated, added or changed, please let me know.

Thanks!

Dee

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Old 01-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #1165
bzzelady
DIS Veteran

Dee,

If you need live updates or pictures while I am there, just let me know.

Me DH DD13 DM
Old 01-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #1166
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzelady View Post
Dee,

If you need live updates or pictures while I am there, just let me know.
Thanks so much!!! I can't think of anything specific except for any news about Hurricane Hanna's or the slide (which may be down while you are there).

But everyone here loves live reports, so feel free to check in if you have the time!

Enjoy!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #1167
bzzelady
DIS Veteran

I'll check on both of those and update everyone. Should be fun ad I keep learning how to use the Android app for the boards

Me DH DD13 DM
Old 01-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #1168
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Question about BC CL?

So, I was wondering if going GV for BC CL is actually not desirable, as I have read that there are only 5 of them, and that one of those is handicapped accessible (thus, an awkward layout) and then the others are adjoining, thus noisy????

I understand that all BC GV CL rooms do have full balconies though....can someone clarify this???

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #1169
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

There's just me and DH going this year, both daughters have grown up now and we are visiting eldest who will be working at WDW during the summer. We really don't want to spend much time in the parks as we've been doing that for 20+ years but just want a nice resort to relax in. We have stayed at BCVs before in a 2 bedroom unit and loved the BC resort. We know are trying to decide if we should go for a studio at BVCs or get a standard room in the BC, is there much difference? I have costed it and they are both coming out with the same price .
Old 01-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #1170
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
There's just me and DH going this year, both daughters have grown up now and we are visiting eldest who will be working at WDW during the summer. We really don't want to spend much time in the parks as we've been doing that for 20+ years but just want a nice resort to relax in. We have stayed at BCVs before in a 2 bedroom unit and loved the BC resort. We know are trying to decide if we should go for a studio at BVCs or get a standard room in the BC, is there much difference? I have costed it and they are both coming out with the same price .
A standard room will give you two queen beds. Almost all the studios have one queen bed and a sofa sleeper. The studio also has a microwave, which the room does not. The standard room is a little nicer room. It is what we prefer. But if the idea of a sofa bed and microwave appeal to you, then go for the studio.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: