Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #1111
Karebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
Not sure why you would order water if you stay CL. They will give you as much bottled water as you would like. We practically swam in Evian our last trip. We are heading back in one week and I've heard they now also give smaller bottles for the parks, (they used to just give the larger bottles for the room).
Thanks so much for the input! Wasn't too worried about getting water for the room. It was more for water to take to the parks. This is the exact info that I needed--thanks!

Old 01-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #1112
eyes4eeyore
Mouseketeer

Bc!!

Arriving at the BEACH CLUB on the 26th!! Club level...so excited! Just 2 weeks!
2013 Beach Club

My Happy Place? The Beach Club!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #1113
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
I been reading up on balconies. What is a dormer balcony? Is it smaller than a regular balcony? Any pictures of any of them? Confused?...
If people are referring to the Juliet, or standing only balconies as dormer balconies, here are a couple of pictures that show the size:

The first one by pittpantherfan shows BC patio, full and Juliet balcony rooms.
The second picture by Natebenma shows a full size balcony:

If something else is meant by dormer balconies, hopefully someone will describe it.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #1114
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
If something else is meant by dormer balconies, hopefully someone will describe it.
Those are perfect pictures of the three balcony types. :The dormer balconies are on the top floor with the dormer roof over them. The picture on the right is the dormer patio. You can tell by the solid front half wall. A regular balcony would have a rail. And the Juliette or princess balcony is just a rail in front of the door. For some reason they designed the building with a whole floor of Juliette balconies. I suppose it makes the building look less cluttered.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 01-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #1115
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the picture, I was reading on one of the websites and they referred to dormer baloney. I wasn't sure if it was the Juliet style and just another name for it. Thanks for the pictures!

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 01-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #1116
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

I'm so excited to see so many people trying my beloved YC!
Old 01-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #1117
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Hi! I am trying to find out out of the deluxe cl rooms at BC, which one or ones have the lake view? Thanks!

Old 01-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #1118
Aidanself
Earning My Ears

Beach Club IPO email encounter

Morning!

My sister and I will be going to the Beach Club next week and have upgraded to the Club Level. You can't imagine how excited we are. I emailed the IPO yesterday and let them know some of the reservations we had made, I made a couple simple requests, and then one bigger one...

We're celebrating our birthdays because we don't see one another very often and my sister positively loves the Mickey head rice crispy treats. I wanted to arrange to have some in our room during our stay as a surprise for her. I was told they sell them on the first floor or I could contact Disney florists and get an arrangement delivered.

Is this the norm? I was expecting them to ask me for my cc number so they could arrange the surprise. Was I wrong in that? I don't mind going and buying them, but we're always together and the whole point was that it was going to be a surprise. (This was actually my second email to them. My first one listed our reservations and the person actually tried to make them for us again...after I'd mentioned that they were already booked. Too busy to read the entire email maybe??)

Any feedback would be great! Thanks!!

Old 01-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #1119
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

We Made It!

Not the best run. It was borderline HOT! But we all made it.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #1120
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
Hi! I am trying to find out out of the deluxe cl rooms at BC, which one or ones have the lake view? Thanks!
I think this is the thread that has the most info about BC deluxe rooms. Some of the room listings have pictures of the view. Some don't. But I think it is safe to say that 1557, 2557, etc. would have the same general view.

Beach Club Deluxe, Suites, VP and Presidential Rooms

If it is unclear what the view is for a particular room, go to the Disney Zone map, which shows room locations. This was posted a few pages back and is also on Page 1, the Beach Club Room post.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #1121
bzzelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidanself
Morning!

My sister and I will be going to the Beach Club next week and have upgraded to the Club Level. You can't imagine how excited we are. I emailed the IPO yesterday and let them know some of the reservations we had made, I made a couple simple requests, and then one bigger one...

We're celebrating our birthdays because we don't see one another very often and my sister positively loves the Mickey head rice crispy treats. I wanted to arrange to have some in our room during our stay as a surprise for her. I was told they sell them on the first floor or I could contact Disney florists and get an arrangement delivered.

Is this the norm? I was expecting them to ask me for my cc number so they could arrange the surprise. Was I wrong in that? I don't mind going and buying them, but we're always together and the whole point was that it was going to be a surprise. (This was actually my second email to them. My first one listed our reservations and the person actually tried to make them for us again...after I'd mentioned that they were already booked. Too busy to read the entire email maybe??)

Welcome to the Disboards!

Yes....I find this strange. Instead of emailing, I would call and restate your request. I have only stayed club level a couple of times, but both times I had IPO pick up a couple of things to be in my room from the marketplace as surprises.

As a fellow fan of Mickey treats...I hope this works out

Me DH DD14 DM
Old 01-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #1122
bzzelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT
Not the best run. It was borderline HOT! But we all made it.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me DH DD14 DM
Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #1123
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Congratulations, Mickey T!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPantherfan View Post
We have drove both directions to the beach. We have gone to Cocoa Beach and the Space Coast- nice, quick straight ride.

We actually had a better time going west to the gulf coast- north of Tampa/St. Pete. A state park called Honeymoon Island. It was absolutely awesome. It was a very pretty beach. We drove from Orlando on a freeway but drove back through local roads. We met someone on the beach and he recommended stopping in the fishing town of Tarpon Springs on the way back - known for its sponge fishing. Natural sponges of all kinds- very interesting. It also had the best greek bakery. We stopped there and bought a bunch of pastries. Also stopped at a Mango farm which was seeing the real Florida. It definitely would take a whole day to do all of the above.
I agree with the "head west" advice! But I should explain. I'm originally from California and then moved to the east coast. Can't beat the Pacific, so I'm not a huge Atlantic fan! My parents have a condo on the gulf coast side and my favorite gulf coast beach is probably Clearwater - fun town with powdery sand, a nice playground, Frenchy's restaurant and a wide, long beach.

Having said all that, we'll give the Atlantic another shot in March when we spend a couple days in Vero Beach (Kimpton not Disney) and then head over to the gulf side. So either way is fine, but I prefer the gulf coast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidanself View Post
Morning!

I think this response is now the norm, and it's the one I initially received when I wanted IPO to help plan an in-room celebration a while ago. When I got that response, I just replied that I know of others (actually, it's others on this board - Disneymomx7 and YCFAN) who were able to arrange it through IPO and that's the direction I would prefer to go. So they agreed and were WONDERFUL. Omar was particularly helpful. We did a customized pirate celebration and I sent a list of items that I wanted to include. They worked on the list with me - recommending additional items and checking prices. I provided my credit card info, they double-checked the list and then a CL CM arranged the surprise in our room. (We had to be checked in first before they could set it up, but I just arranged to get lunch so they would have time.) They left all the receipts in an envelope in our room, and WOW did they go all over WDW to get the stuff. I assumed they would just pick it up from BC Marketplace or Screen Door, but I had receipts from MK and Epcot in that pile! Our boys were thrilled and I thought it was the outstanding guest service. But again, this was not IPO's initial response, so Robyn (Disneymomx7) recommended that I try again and it worked!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!

Last edited by pixarmom; 01-12-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #1124
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I think this is the thread that has the most info about BC deluxe rooms. Some of the room listings have pictures of the view. Some don't. But I think it is safe to say that 1557, 2557, etc. would have the same general view.

Beach Club Deluxe, Suites, VP and Presidential Rooms

If it is unclear what the view is for a particular room, go to the Disney Zone map, which shows room locations. This was posted a few pages back and is also on Page 1, the Beach Club Room post.
Thanks. I'll try the thread out. And by the way, Atlantis was AWESOME! I had PM'd you about the dining plan a while back. We did not end up getting it and pretty glad we didn't. Thanks again!

Old 01-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #1125
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Not the best run.
Congrats on the run!! Enjoy the rest of your stay!!

~Nannette

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: