Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #1096
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Oh crud! I thought I had posted this!

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDo69vP

Here is a link to photos taken by Steph H in December. Lots of pictures of the YC lounge offerings.

OH MY GOSH - thank you for that link - we're drooling over here and now can't wait for the next 2 weeks to pass!!!!!

[/url]
Old 01-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #1097
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymomof1 View Post
how about trying Cape May Cafe breakfast. It's such a cheery setting and is very relaxed for character dining. No fast paced parades or shouting/singing. Very leisurely. Delicious food as well. We never miss it when we stay there!
Thanks for the recommendation! We have done the Cape May Breakfast on previous trips but never Tusker house which is why we chose Tusker House on this one. I agree, we really do like Cape May for breakfast, each time we go the characters tend to spend more time and interact more with the kids.

[/url]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #1098
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
We're packed and waiting for 6 AM to arrive tomorrow morning to head down to Ft. Lauderdale. Cannot wait to get on the Celebrity Eclipse!!! Hope everybody at WDW has a wonderful time!!! I'll be back in the lobby on 1/27.
Have a great time Teena!!

~Nannette
Old 01-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #1099
teacher7grade
Earning My Ears

Quick Serve Breakfast

We are staying at the YC for the first time as part of a split stay. Is there a place in the YC where my family will be able to get a QS breakfast (ie. eggs, Mickey waffles, etc...).
Thanks for your input!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #1100
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

No waffles but over at the Marketplace they have breakfast sandwiches and platters, fruit, cereals, yogurt parfaits, french toast strips, etc.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #1101
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher7grade View Post
We are staying at the YC for the first time as part of a split stay. Is there a place in the YC where my family will be able to get a QS breakfast (ie. eggs, Mickey waffles, etc...).
Thanks for your input!
Check out post #7 of this thread for all the dining info of YC and BC.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #1102
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Here are a few from our trip in 2010. They aren't the best pictures, but the lounge really was very nice. I hear it's smaller than the lounges at some of the other deluxes, but we found it just right! There is a thread titled "Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012" on the resorts board that has a ton on good info and pictures. I wish I knew how to put the link in here for you...Maybe I'll go look up how to do that!

OK, I'm going to give this a try...here is the link. If you take a look at posts 11 and 12 there are pics of the club level lounges at BC and YC.

Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Old 01-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #1103
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Ct disney that link was awesome! Thank you so much. If I wasn't convinced before I am totally sold now! Let the count down begin! Thank you thank you!

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 01-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #1104
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA

Thanks for the recommendation! We have done the Cape May Breakfast on previous trips but never Tusker house which is why we chose Tusker House on this one. I agree, we really do like Cape May for breakfast, each time we go the characters tend to spend more time and interact more with the kids.
We've done Tusker House (Donald's Safari Breakfast). It was a great little change from the normal character meal, kids loved it and the food was had a little flare too.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #1105
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUFamily View Post
Ok so I've been lurking around here so long that I've read all 70 something pages. I have to say what an amazing group of people y'all are!!! Can't thank you enough for the great info I've gotten. We have booked a room for May 25-June 8 at BC and I can hardly wait. Now I just have to convince the family to go CL. It sounds fabulous! We stayed at Caribbean Beach Club 3 years ago and had a wonderful time, didn't expect to get back so soon or stay deluxe!! Probably our last trip for a while so I want to make sure we do as much as possible. I'll be traveling with DH (who's not a huge Disney fan, working on converting him though), DS 8, and my mom. Most days are park days and we will be spending three days off sight to go to Universal, June 9-11. Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but we do want to go to the beach and wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to which ones are closest. DS 8 hasn't ever been to a real beach, we live in Kansas, definitely not an ocean around here! Also wondering about favorite activities at BC that we shouldn't miss? Thanks for any advice!
We have drove both directions to the beach. We have gone to Cocoa Beach and the Space Coast- nice, quick straight ride.

We actually had a better time going west to the gulf coast- north of Tampa/St. Pete. A state park called Honeymoon Island. It was absolutely awesome. It was a very pretty beach. We drove from Orlando on a freeway but drove back through local roads. We met someone on the beach and he recommended stopping in the fishing town of Tarpon Springs on the way back - known for its sponge fishing. Natural sponges of all kinds- very interesting. It also had the best greek bakery. We stopped there and bought a bunch of pastries. Also stopped at a Mango farm which was seeing the real Florida. It definitely would take a whole day to do all of the above.

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #1106
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your camera.

I totally sympathize with the lack of cooperation from the teens when you try to take a picture.

I just joined the big girl camera club with a Canon EOS Rebel T3, (around $500 at Sam's Club, 2 lenses, camera case) but so far it is not going well. I need to really sit down with the manual and go out and practice. Or maybe reach out to my photography friends here.

I am still in love with my Panasonic Lumix point & shoot. I think it takes decent pictures, but the main feature I love is that it is waterproof to 40 feet, so I can take it with me everywhere! To the beach, pools, waterparks, snorkeling. I never have to worry about leaving it behind when I go into the water.

I paid under $300 for it about a year ago.

If anyone wants to see some of the pictures I have taken with it, you can check out my Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail trip report or the Atlantis portion of my Welcome Foolish Muggles trip report. (Shameless plug)
. I love my Lumix point & shoot too. Mine has 8x optical zoom. I got mine a year ago I think. Was also happy with Canon Elph, but only had 3x zoom. So gave daughter that. Feature for feature Lumix has a better price point then Canon, and has Ziess lens.
I think the Lumix that came out this year have even more Zoom. 16x ?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 01-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #1107
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUFamily View Post
Ok so I've been lurking around here so long that I've read all 70 something pages. I have to say what an amazing group of people y'all are!!! Can't thank you enough for the great info I've gotten. We have booked a room for May 25-June 8 at BC and I can hardly wait. Now I just have to convince the family to go CL. It sounds fabulous! We stayed at Caribbean Beach Club 3 years ago and had a wonderful time, didn't expect to get back so soon or stay deluxe!! Probably our last trip for a while so I want to make sure we do as much as possible. I'll be traveling with DH (who's not a huge Disney fan, working on converting him though), DS 8, and my mom. Most days are park days and we will be spending three days off sight to go to Universal, June 9-11. Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but we do want to go to the beach and wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to which ones are closest. DS 8 hasn't ever been to a real beach, we live in Kansas, definitely not an ocean around here! Also wondering about favorite activities at BC that we shouldn't miss? Thanks for any advice!
We have done a couple of trips staying at Cocoa Beach a couple of nights Pre Disney. My daughters love taking surf lessons from Ron Jon's Surf School, last time we got the same instructor that gives the lessons at TL. It took us 45 min to get tovWDW.

We also love the Gulf Coast. St Pete Beach is nice. Powered sugar fine white sand, calm waters. It's a bit further, about a 90 min drive.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 01-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #1108
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
We're packed and waiting for 6 AM to arrive tomorrow morning to head down to Ft. Lauderdale. Cannot wait to get on the Celebrity Eclipse!!! Hope everybody at WDW has a wonderful time!!! I'll be back in the lobby on 1/27.
Have a safe drive down. I prefer the Turnpike all the way. I95 gets too crazy the further south you get!!! Bon Voyage and see ya real soon

Old 01-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #1109
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Well we finally made it. Home. BCV. 302. On the quiet pool side. Near the bus stop. This will come in handy at 3am Saturday morning as we catch the bus to half marathon start.

Had the problems with keys again. I must be doing something wrong. We had to go through cutting 3 sets of six keys before we finally got a set that worked. Once again don’t think this is a resort problem but a tech problem. Finally went down this morning and got a full set of six that work.

We got here around 11am and our room wasn’t ready. Waited around for first sister and brother in law to arrive. We made it into Beaches and Cream by 11:30. Seated right away. I tried the grilled cheese and tomato bisque for the first time. Another first. Then on to HS.

Had a good afternoon just strolling the park. Rode several rides. Watched several shows. Ride breakdown continues. RnRC went down around 1 (as we were getting in line) and never did reopen.

We had dinner at Sci-Fi. Not something we do every trip but every third or fourth it is fun. Sister #2 and BIL arrived while we were at the Studios. So we are all settled in to 302.

Woke this morning to the sounds of the 5k rocking Epcot. Of course I hit the door around six for my photo walk around. Finally hitting my groove. Back now sitting around with family drinking coffee watching sun come up outside. (What’s more fun than sitting at BLT drinking coffee watching the sun come up? Sitting at BCV’s with my family drinking coffee watching the sun come up!)

Time for breakfast and off to Epcot. Later friends.
Excuse grammer.....Typing fast. Got stuff to do!

View from balcony about 30 minutes ago!
Nice view!! We love Sci Fi! Great sandwiches and shakes. The Ruben is my fav.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #1110
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Quote:
Oh crud! I thought I had posted this!

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDo69vP

Here is a link to photos taken by Steph H in December. Lots of pictures of the YC lounge offerings.

Love the pictures, thanks for posting!

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: