Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #976
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post

Then back to BLT for Wishes. I know this may sound strange but I’m ready for me some Illuminations! So far we’ve had one F! and four Wishes. We can see the high Illuminations off in the distance from our room so it just adds fuel to the fire.

Plans for today…..Camera day. Getting ready to grab the bag and head to MK for a slow stroll and snap. Just take it as it comes. They're calling for record high temps today 80's plus. We may finally go for that swim. Or just wait for SAB......
Not strange at all! When we stayed at CR in October, I actually wanted a Bay Lake View so much that I would have declined an upgrade to TPV if offered. I was thrilled with my view of Epcot in the distance! And Illuminations has always been my favorite - one of the very few, I know!

Enjoy your camera day - looking forward to seeing the results!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/???)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #977
MICKFan
MICKFan

Countdown is ON!!! Had to laugh at timeline where is states MICKFan Jan 13 - ????!!! Maybe I will stay forever!! JK....Departure date is Jan 19.

I may start to pack today! I do have my carryon out and on the floor of bedroom and ponchos are on top....Hope that is one thing I will NOT need!! But, I will have them. Get the cheap ones at Target

First time at BC; really looking forward to my second solo and first time at BC
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #978
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Hello BC'ers, I am invading your thread for a question.
We will be going from HS to BC for a 5:00 Cape May ADR. What time should I plan to leave the park and head to the boat?

*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 01-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #979
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKFan View Post
Countdown is ON!!! Had to laugh at timeline where is states MICKFan Jan 13 - ????!!! Maybe I will stay forever!!
Isn't that all of our dreams???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
Hello BC'ers, I am invading your thread for a question.
We will be going from HS to BC for a 5:00 Cape May ADR. What time should I plan to leave the park and head to the boat?

The boat ride is about 20 minutes from dock to dock, and you need to add in wait time. I would say 10-15 minutes wait for a boat at most, so be at the dock at 4:30-ish.

You may be 5 minutes late, or maybe 5 minutes early, neither one a terrible thing.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #980
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Hmmm bored at work... I might have added a day to my October/November 2013 Disney Trip 2013 the year of Disney for me

~Nannette

Old 01-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #981
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Isn't that all of our dreams???

The boat ride is about 20 minutes from dock to dock, and you need to add in wait time. I would say 10-15 minutes wait for a boat at most, so be at the dock at 4:30-ish.

You may be 5 minutes late, or maybe 5 minutes early, neither one a terrible thing.
Excellent. I like to be early so I will plan to start heading towards the Exit at promptly 4:00. Thanks
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
Old 01-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #982
BusyMom2Three
Mouseketeer

smell at BC (asthma)

Hello!

We booked BC for Feb 27-Mar 5, but I have a concern about the scent used there, something I just learned about. Some of our family have asthma, allergies and/or sensitivity to scents. Is the scent they pump into the lobby strong, and is it noticeable in the rooms as well? I for one can't even handle the smell of fabric softener or scented laundry detergents, and even burning a Scentsy bar in our home causes my DS to start coughing.

Thanks!

1985 Tokyo Disneyland (Hilton Tokyo Bay)
Mar 2007 Pop Century
Mar 2009 Pop Century
Mar 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
Mar 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Feb-Mar 2013 Beach Club
Feb-Mar 2014 Pop Century
Old 01-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #983
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMom2Three View Post
Hello!

We booked BC for Feb 27-Mar 5, but I have a concern about the scent used there, something I just learned about. Some of our family have asthma, allergies and/or sensitivity to scents. Is the scent they pump into the lobby strong, and is it noticeable in the rooms as well? I for one can't even handle the smell of fabric softener or scented laundry detergents, and even burning a Scentsy bar in our home causes my DS to start coughing.

Thanks!
That is an excellent question, one I haven't seen before. I don't have an answer for you, but I'm hoping that someone out there who either has asthma or an aversion to strong smells will chime in with their opinions.

I don't believe that the smells carryover into any of the rooms, especially those rooms on upper floors/away from the lobby.

Does anyone know if the Yacht Club uses the Scentair machine in their lobby? I never see any mention of a distinctive signature smell there, so maybe not. If not, maybe you could switch your reservation to that resort.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #984
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMom2Three
Hello!

Thanks!
I don't have asthma so I don't want to give specific advice but I am sensitive to smells and candles and such make me sneeze. I've never had an issue with sneezing at either BC or YC.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #985
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

I'm on my way to the Y&B club as I type! Spent a few (horrible) hours in Hollywood studios and now I'm on the friendship boat! Very excited!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #986
Karebear
Mouseketeer

I was just playing around on the new WDW website and I looked at the pics for the YC. It showed a room where there was a bed (queen or king) and then there was a curtain divider. Past the curtain was a day bed and what looked like a chair bed too. Past that was the balcony. Has anybody seen that room type at the YC? The curtain divider sure looked nice to have the kids on one side of it and us on the other! Just curious as I would like to request it--thanks!

Old 01-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #987
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMom2Three View Post
Hello!

Thanks!
Scent is used in both lobbies. I don't smell it in the rooms but maybe it's just me. I do believe it is only in the lobbies though. I am bothered big time with the smell they switch to for Christmas. I have many guests that feel the same way. However, nobody has ever complained about the other ten months.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #988
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear View Post
I was just playing around on the new WDW website and I looked at the pics for the YC. It showed a room where there was a bed (queen or king) and then there was a curtain divider. Past the curtain was a day bed and what looked like a chair bed too. Past that was the balcony. Has anybody seen that room type at the YC? The curtain divider sure looked nice to have the kids on one side of it and us on the other! Just curious as I would like to request it--thanks!
Not sure what type of room this is. Can you put the link the page you are viewing here so we can see what you mean. I know in one of the pictures on the site (maybe the old version of the website), a room depicted at the Yacht Club had a circular porthole window, which is not typical of most of the rooms at the resort.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #989
Nicnic
Mouseketeer

At last we are all booked.

15 nights at the BC with free DDP.

First time at BC, always wanted to stay there and at last we can. Soooo excited.

Roll on October!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #990
Karebear
Mouseketeer

Here is the link

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...t/rates-rooms/

If you scroll down and click on view photos under garden view or lagoon view or whatever, there are pictures. If you click through them, you will see the room. I am trying to get the actual picture copied and pasted, but it won't let me......

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: