Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #871
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Mike- thanks for your awesome live reports and for posting the Be Our Guest Guide.

Wow, you have started out with some highs and lows. Can't wait to see pictures from your rock star room!!!

Sorry to hear about the scary incident with your wallet, but I'm glad that faith, trust and pixie dust were present for you and everything was returned intact. PHEW!!!

Continue to enjoy your trip!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #872
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean bunny View Post
Live from the YC CL! We arrived today for our fourth YC stay, second on CL. Check in was great and our room was available at 2:30 when we arrived. We booked a lagoon view for the first time and our room location is fantastic. Just down the hall from the lounge with a dead center view of the lagoon and boardwalk. We could see illuminations from our balcony tonight! Just an amazing view I could look at the lights all night.

The room looks good. Not worn down at all. There's a stain on the chair but otherwise the room is perfect.

The bathroom is always my main criticism with this resort. It just doesn't rise to the level of a deluxe hotel It's small. Our shower head is really rusted and the floor is stained. That's my only complaint and it's certainly nothing to really be bothered by just an observation.

We received the new Be Our Guest booklet today and it's great. The poster is fantastic and discounts were available for much of the year.

Every cast member we've encountered has been great. The guard at the entrance was from our town and we had a great conversation and the CL staff is so accommodating and helpful.

We had a great meal at fultons tonight and DTD was packed! The parking lot was insane! We opted to go back and shop tomorrow when it might be less crowded.

The food in the lounge has been great. The chips and dip were wonderful this afternoon as were the cookies. Appetizers included pot stickers, chicken on a stick, cheese, olives, veggies, bread and crackers, and pbj. We've also managed ice dream at beaches and cream to go twice

I'll update tomorrow!!
Hope you are enjoying your trip and thank you for the mini review. in regards to the bathroom I have had similar experiences at deluxe resorts where the shower head was rusty/mold/stains/grout missing in other areas of the bathroom etc. Maybe when you get back write a quick email to the yacht club with the room number so they can address the problem. A deluxe resort should not have a rusty shower head. I love disney I love staying at their resorts but as of late the wear and tear on them truly get to me especially with the prices they are charging. When I have issues like this I always come back and write a letter to customer relations you will be happy with the outcome and the resort will address the problem and therefore be in better shape for the next guest and around and around we go. have a great trip

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #873
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Hi Everybody!

We are staying at YC June 1-8 (would love to be on the Be Our Guest list please). We have enjoyed the BC before but want to try the other side this trip. We had a nice stay at Poly last 'long' trip, but have to say part of me missed the relaxation of the BC (and the Poly rooms and interiors are a bit tired - thank you for the rehab Mickey!)

So, one question, is getting to the pool from YC a pain as compared to BC? We are bringing our BFF's for their first trip. I hope that we aren't wishing we stayed at BC versus YC. (I had an amazing discount at YC compared to BC - long story) Trying to look at maps, wondering the easiest route from say the lobby to stormalong bay pool? Only if someone has a minute to advise.

Thanks for the great thread and all the fun information!
Erin
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

Old 01-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #874
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5
Hi Everybody!

We are staying at YC June 1-8 (would love to be on the Be Our Guest list please). We have enjoyed the BC before but want to try the other side this trip. We had a nice stay at Poly last 'long' trip, but have to say part of me missed the relaxation of the BC (and the Poly rooms and interiors are a bit tired - thank you for the rehab Mickey!)

So, one question, is getting to the pool from YC a pain as compared to BC? We are bringing our BFF's for their first trip. I hope that we aren't wishing we stayed at BC versus YC. (I had an amazing discount at YC compared to BC - long story) Trying to look at maps, wondering the easiest route from say the lobby to stormalong bay pool? Only if someone has a minute to advise.

Erin
Straight out the back door of YC to the left. There's a gate just past the rocking chairs. Not far at all.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #875
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Also to get to the pool at YC you can also walk inside down the hall past Yachtsman Steakhouse and go out of that door. Right there outside the door!
Old 01-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #876
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5
Hi Everybody!

Erin
That's great to hear that you find BC more relaxing than Poly!! We're booked for Poly in Sept, and we love staying there, but I'm having 2nd thoughts because it is more expensive than BC or YC and we spent most of our time in EPCOT. I think it would be so nice to be so close to EPCOT but I'm afraid we won't find the BC or YC as relaxing as Poly. Decisions, decisions....

Sent from my Galaxy S II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 01-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #877
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Do all BCV studios have a toaster or is it just sort of luck of the draw? How well does it work?

Thanks
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 01-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #878
west&east
DIS Veteran

Hi All and Happy New Year (a bit late)!
I'm getting back onto the DIS more regularly now that the holidays are over. We are set to head down to BC CL on 1/18 (I'm already on the BOG list) and then we are busy planning our Fantasy Cruise for 3/30!

Regarding the short cruises, I would always recommend a 7 night over a 3 night if at all possible, even for a first time cruiser. The shorter cruisers have a different feel. They just seem more crowded even if they are not, because everyone is trying to pack all the most popular experiences into a shorter time frame. Everything seems more rushed and you are getting off the ship almost as soon as you get on. In my opinion, you really don't get to experience the best parts of a cruise. Now that I am addicted to cruising, I still prefer the full week but would consider a short cruise if it was an amazing deal.

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 01-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #879
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Would You upgrade from A GV to a LV at YC?

ok folks we are 18 days out from a 7 day YC GV CL stay first timers.
I just checked the site and there is no availability at all within the YC except for a CL LV room which I can upgrade to for about $300 more. (I'm surprised the hotel would be sold out - perhaps conferences? ) My question for those who are familiar with the fifth floor - would you upgrade? Is a LV worth the cost I would incur? We do plan on spending some time in the room during the visit.
TIA -

[/url]
Old 01-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #880
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
ok folks we are 18 days out from a 7 day YC GV CL stay first timers.
I just checked the site and there is no availability at all within the YC except for a CL LV room which I can upgrade to for about $300 more. (I'm surprised the hotel would be sold out - perhaps conferences? ) My question for those who are familiar with the fifth floor - would you upgrade? Is a LV worth the cost I would incur? We do plan on spending some time in the room during the visit.
TIA -
I wouldn't upgrade, because any of the garden views will be gorgeous. If it is important to you, the $300 might be worth it, but to me it wouldn't be.

On our last trip, we took Standard View, because GV wasn't available. We found out we could see wishes at night, which was a great treat, and I did not regret our room view.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 01-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #881
JVP1
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone. I am new to this thread. We just got back from 10 days at the Poly over Christmas. The family wants to go back again and this time stay at the Yacht Club.
We found we spent most of our time at HS and Epcot. Kids are adults now so a day or two max is needed in the MK.

Just wondering if YC rooms have been renovated lately. Also do all Waterview rooms have balconies?
Old 01-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #882
Diz Kids
Mouseketeer

Getting ready for our 1/25 two night stay before our first cruise. This will be our first time at YC. Thank you to everyone for sharing all of your information on this thread. With just two nights at the hotel I want to be prepared before we arrive.

Now I am keeping my fingers crossed that there will be one day warm enough to at least jump in the pool! My kids have been asking to stay at the hotel with the pirate ship by Epcot for a while now, and of course I book it for January and not when we go in August!!

Old 01-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #883
wdwfanva
Mouseketeer

wdwfanva Feb. 21-26 2013 at YC . DW and I are celebrating my BIG birthday,staying concierge (sp)
Staying at POFQ 16-21 . First split stay
Old 01-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #884
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVP1
Hi everyone. I am new to this thread. We just got back from 10 days at the Poly over Christmas. The family wants to go back again and this time stay at the Yacht Club.
We found we spent most of our time at HS and Epcot. Kids are adults now so a day or two max is needed in the MK.

Just wondering if YC rooms have been renovated lately. Also do all Waterview rooms have balconies?
There are only a handful of rooms in all of YC without a full balcony. Hour chances of getting one is slim but just ask at check-in to make sure. The rooms had a soft renovation not too long ago.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #885
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diz Kids View Post
Getting ready for our 1/25 two night stay before our first cruise. This will be our first time at YC. Thank you to everyone for sharing all of your information on this thread. With just two nights at the hotel I want to be prepared before we arrive.

Now I am keeping my fingers crossed that there will be one day warm enough to at least jump in the pool! My kids have been asking to stay at the hotel with the pirate ship by Epcot for a while now, and of course I book it for January and not when we go in August!!
We're heading down to WDW on January 26, and know from personal experience that January weather is unpredictable . . . but the forecast for the short term is looking good! My parents are down at their condo in SW Florida and it's looking like a warmer January than they've seen in years. Keeping our fingers crossed with you!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: