Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #856
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Bump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
Hello..have a question ....

I'll be staying at BCV in April with my wife and 2 teen boys. The boys are on the larger side, and not sure if they will be in a position to "share" the fold out bed...

Do they offer roll away beds for the BCV studio's?

Thanks in advance!
I don't know the answer to this, so hopefully someone else does.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:46 AM   #857
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilu86 View Post
Do you know the exact dates for the food and wine festival for 2013? I am a Swan bride going down for Sept. 28- Oct. 4th and were hoping to see the festival for at least 1 or 2 days at the end of our trip.
Thanks!
Happy New Year!
You're good I'm sure. It's usually the last weekend of September and ends the end of the first week of November. The whole month of October is for sure.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 05:48 AM   #858
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I don't know the answer to this, so hopefully someone else does.
No rollaway beds for the villas as far as I know.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:51 AM   #859
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristen2276 View Post
any rooms better in BC then others- we have a Garden view- thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momdmd View Post
Hi all,

This is our first trip to WDW with our kids DS10, DD8 and just booked BC for 6/9 to 6/14. I need help in choosing room category or location. We don't really care for the balcony but would like a room near the lobby or SAB. Which category should we book? Right now I have garden view. Would appreciate any inputs.
As far as I know, rooms in each of the categories are spread throughout the resort. A lot of the Standard View rooms, which overlook a rooftop or parking lot, will be facing the front entrance of the Beach Club (Yacht Club) by definition. For Garden View, some will face the various courtyards in the back of the resort. Some will face the woods area and be very close to EPCOT, but possibly further from the lobby, Stormalong Bay and the bus stops.

So for a room requests, you need to figure out what is important for your family.

First off, at Beach Club. How important is a full balcony? For me it is very important, so this has been my only request in the past.

Are you a party of 4, but a daybed would make your vacation stay more pleasant? You may want to request that. Again, only a request, and if it isn't met, you can request a rollaway cot at checkin.

Is location important? If so, request a room close to the lobby/pool/bus stop or if you would prefer to be close to EPCOT, literally 2 minutes away from the International Gateway, you can request "Close to EPCOT, please"
Old 01-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #860
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Holy Guacamole! You guys are keeping me busy!!!

Here is a to new and returning friends. I have a feeling I am going to max out on the smilies on this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momdmd View Post
Hi all,

This is our first trip to WDW with our kids DS10, DD8 and just booked BC for 6/9 to 6/14. I need help in choosing room category or location. We don't really care for the balcony but would like a room near the lobby or SAB. Which category should we book? Right now I have garden view. Would appreciate any inputs.
I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

What fantastic dates for your trip, and the kids are great ages to appreciate the resort.

Tried to answer your question in another post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
Happy New Year everyone! It's been awhile since I have posted on the dis. I booked the Yacht Club for Oct 26th - Nov 2nd. Wanted the beach club but no standard rooms were available.

Love food and wine festival. and going that week! We always enjoy ourselves.
We stayed at the boardwalk villas last trip and while we were fine with our stay there I really do not like the pool at all there. We missed SAB!
Great to have you back!!! I'll add ya to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
Our September stay at BC was in one of those rooms RIGHT at the top of the stairs and we absolutely loved it! It was super convenient to never need an elevator!

Aaaaand we just booked a stay at BC in May! We'll be there May 12th-15th! I can't WAIT! We completely fell in love with this place last year and it's our favorite summer getaway now!

I LOVE the look of the YC lobby and rooms and swore the next stay we booked would be for YC, but I chickened out and stuck with BC. We spend hours in SAB when we stay at BC, we barely bother with the parks, and it looked like SAB is a tiny bit closer to BC than YC. Does that seem right? I just really didn't want to have to traipse through the gorgeous YC lobby in my swim gear.

So happy I am able to add you to the list!

Honestly, I think you would be fine at either resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsoccermom View Post
Soooo excited to be returning to BC! We stayed there in June 2009, and have always longed to go back. Loved how close it was to Epcot, HS; Beaches & Cream; SAB, etc. Now we will be staying at BCV on our 1st DVC trip!!!! We will be there July 26-31. Yes, hot..but can't wait!
I love July in the World! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemountain View Post
We just booked May 26th- June 2nd at BC. This will be our second time staying there and we are SO excited!!

I'll add you to the list. I see you are squeaking in a trip before the summer crowds descend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Hello everyone,

We just booked our trip to WDW for May and will be doing a split stay with 2 nights at POR and 5 nights at BC. This thread has been super helpful in making our decisions. This trip will be only the second time we have stayed on site and first time for a deluxe resort. With the specials I found I couldnt pass up the opportunity to be so close to Epcot and HS and right at the Boardwalk too! I honestly never imagined we would ever splurge on a deluxe but I think with three little kids the convenience is going to be well worth it.

I have one question (for now) has anyone had a child do the pirate treasure hunt thing mentioned in resort activities? Just wondering what it entails and how much it costs.

Thanks!

Heather
You are going to ADORE the convenience of being so close to two resorts!

I'll add you to the Guest List.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkler View Post
If I'd like to make request for my room, do I contact BC directly or do I call just talk to WDW?

We'd like to request a daybed.
I quickly scrolled through the Guest List- I didn't see you there. If you would like to be added, let us know the dates of your trip and which resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetoo View Post
I just had to chime in and thank Dee and Teena and Pixarmom and everyone else for all the fabulous info and pics on this thread. We are still in the planning stages of an Oct 5-12 trip this year...first time to BC. After staying DVC at SSR or AKV and at POFQ over the past several years, I am now trying to learn everthing about a new resort!!!!
Glad to have you aboard!

I'll add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
Thank you, Dee and Katesdad!

I went ahead and booked by phone the other day. So, Dee, if you want to add me to the BOG list, my dates are:

6/6 - 6/11 (YC GV); 6/11 - 6/15 (BLT)

Thanks so much!

I'm thrilled you will be returning! I"ll add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Well you've come to the right place! I'm new, so I'm not the advice-giver for resort rooms, however, I have grown to love this board in a short time. Everyone here is friendly, knowledgable and will give you some GREAT information to find what suits you. Also, Page 1 of this thread has a plethora of information with pictures etc, that might help you decided what you want too......
Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words about the thread. I see you enjoyed the koolaid we hand out at the beginning of your visit here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I am wondering if we will love the Beach Club enough to stay there in November too! When does the lobby get decorated?? We may be there too early for it. The dates are currently Nov 16 - 21. Thanks!
The answer is maybe. Probably?

Repost tomorrow so Teena can see this again. I believe the resorts are decorated starting in early November and the order is determined by lottery. Not sure what the latest start date, but I'm pretty sure all of the resorts are decorated by Thanksgiving.

Anyone know if this is true?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #861
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean bunny View Post
Live from the YC CL! We arrived today for our fourth YC stay, second on CL. Check in was great and our room was available at 2:30 when we arrived. We booked a lagoon view for the first time and our room location is fantastic. Just down the hall from the lounge with a dead center view of the lagoon and boardwalk. We could see illuminations from our balcony tonight! Just an amazing view I could look at the lights all night.

The room looks good. Not worn down at all. There's a stain on the chair but otherwise the room is perfect.

The bathroom is always my main criticism with this resort. It just doesn't rise to the level of a deluxe hotel It's small. Our shower head is really rusted and the floor is stained. That's my only complaint and it's certainly nothing to really be bothered by just an observation.

We received the new Be Our Guest booklet today and it's great. The poster is fantastic and discounts were available for much of the year.

Every cast member we've encountered has been great. The guard at the entrance was from our town and we had a great conversation and the CL staff is so accommodating and helpful.

We had a great meal at fultons tonight and DTD was packed! The parking lot was insane! We opted to go back and shop tomorrow when it might be less crowded.

The food in the lounge has been great. The chips and dip were wonderful this afternoon as were the cookies. Appetizers included pot stickers, chicken on a stick, cheese, olives, veggies, bread and crackers, and pbj. We've also managed ice dream at beaches and cream to go twice

I'll update tomorrow!!

Thanks for the live report! Sounds like a great start to your trip.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #862
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Goooood Morning Yacht and Beach (Think Robin Williams)
Very hectic day yesterday. Made it to Epcot for RD. Got in line for TT first thing. Well we got caught up in the technical problems that Ninja Mom alluded to in her earlier report. Wasn't excruciatinly long but still long enough to delay us. But still threw us far enough behind that by the time we got to Soarin it was a 70 minute standby. We pulled FP's and hit Living with the Land and other favorites.

A bit of drama as we got off TT, I realized my wallet was missing, I usally dont carry my big wallet in the parks, just a ticket type front wallet that I carry in my front pocket. Well this time I had my whole enchillada, drivers liscense, credit cards, everything because we had not checked into CR yet. Well long story short, I had left it on TT and someone turned it in. I reclaimed it at guest services. There are a lot of honest people in this world. So took no more chances after this and immediately left the park and headed to CR.

Well check in at CR went smooth. We stayed this one night (last night) Atrium Club level, theme park view. A little trouble during intial check in as they didnt know we were CL. I had to find a greeter and explain. After that it was off to the good life.

As you might imagine, the selling point of this room is view. Unbelievable view of MK. We checked in and my family just chuckled at me as I stood on the balcony, mouth hanging wide open. I did tell them we WILL be back here for Wishes tonight.

It was now midday so we headed back to Epcot and did our FP for Soarin. Rode several other rides and then we could stand it no more. Beach Club her we come. As we walked through IG and the Epcot music was left behind the feeling started coming over us again. Home. Peaceful. Not negative against CR but this is the feeling we want when we are at WDW. We have four nights at BLT's coming up before our four nights at BCV's starting Thursday and we cant wait.

Was able to talk briefly with Teena (real reason we walked all the way from Future World to BC) and wander around a few minutes before heading back to CR.

I will say this. Wishes from the balcony at CR, with the music piped in over the TV is everything it is sold to be. Definitely a Disney bucket list thing to do but that being said I'm not sure how many nights would be worth it to our family. Took a ton of photos and had that WOW factor. But miss my BC already.

After the fireworks Pierce (grandson) and I walked over to MK. It was open to 1am so what the heck. We rode HM, PoTC, Buzz and People Mover. Had a walk through Fantasyland kinda window shopping experience there. We'll be back.

We're sleeping in this morning getting ready for our move over to BLT. Its terribly foggy this morning and they are calling for rain showers later so we will play it by ear.

Well Lee Ann is up and kicking now and we're gonna go enjoy our one morning in the lounge. Will check in later. Most likely from BLT as we slowly work our way to HOME!

Edit add on: Agree with Teena. Be Our Guest Guide is da bomb....Dining, Resort, Transportation, Bouneback info all in one book. Wonderful idea.

Last edited by MickeyT; 01-06-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #863
tpoo
Earning My Ears

Hi All,

I'm a long time lurker, fairly new member. We usually stay at Poly, but were sooo dissapointed in so many things there last year. Anyway, we are headed to BC in April. It is a trip that has been rebooked a few times. Since I will be having a big birthday we are staying deluxe CL. There will be 5 of us. Myself, the hubs, my 4 year old, my youngest who will be 21 months and my 18 year old sister. She had never been to Disney and this is part of her graduation gift. Do ya'll have any tips or ideas to make it extra special for her? Thanks in advance. Ya'll are awesome!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #864
MICKFan
MICKFan

In ONE week I will be on my way to BC! Getting super excited.....first time at BC. After reading and skimming here I may just get out my luggage today and start the packing process!! LOL
I am doing a solo trip.....This being said, what are my chances of scooping up a full balcony. (I made no requests when booking my trip only a couple months ago) I was just happy to snag BC and at a good price with garden view.....
Has anyone made a verbal request upon checking in and it was granted??
Old 01-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #865
filluzzi
Earning My Ears

Connecting Rooms - BC CL

I made only one request - 2(4 people and 5 people per room) of our 3 rooms (standard view)be connecting. The grandchildren love waking up and running in to see their cousins and when we have a sitter it makes sleep time so much easier. If this is our only request, what do you think our chances will be for it to happen?

I know it is just how rooms are assigned but thought I would ask.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #866
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Very hectic day yesterday. Made it to Epcot for RD. Got in line for TT first thing. Well we got caught up in the technical problems that Ninja Mom alluded to in her earlier report. Wasn't excruciatinly long but still long enough to delay us. But still threw us far enough behind that by the time we got to Soarin it was a 70 minute standby. We pulled FP's and hit Living with the Land and other favorites.

A bit of drama as we got off TT, I realized my wallet was missing, I usally dont carry my big wallet in the parks, just a ticket type front wallet that I carry in my front pocket. Well this time I had my whole enchillada, drivers liscense, credit cards, everything because we had not checked into CR yet. Well long story short, I had left it on TT and someone turned it in. I reclaimed it at guest services. There are a lot of honest people in this world. So took no more chances after this and immediately left the park and headed to CR.

Well check in at CR went smooth. We stayed this one night (last night) Atrium Club level, theme park view. A little trouble during intial check in as they didnt know we were CL. I had to find a greeter and explain. After that it was off to the good life.

As you might imagine, the selling point of this room is view. Unbelievable view of MK. We checked in and my family just chuckled at me as I stood on the balcony, mouth hanging wide open. I did tell them we WILL be back here for Wishes tonight.

It was now midday so we headed back to Epcot and did our FP for Soarin. Rode several other rides and then we could stand it no more. Beach Club her we come. As we walked through IG and the Epcot music was left behind the feeling started coming over us again. Home. Peaceful. Not negative against CR but this is the feeling we want when we are at WDW. We have four nights at BLT's coming up before our four nights at BCV's starting Thursday and we cant wait.

Was able to talk briefly with Teena (real reason we walked all the way from Future World to BC) and wander around a few minutes before heading back to CR.

I will say this. Wishes from the balcony at CR, with the music piped in over the TV is everything it is sold to be. Definitely a Disney bucket list thing to do but that being said I'm not sure how many nights would be worth it to our family. Took a ton of photos and had that WOW factor. But miss my BC already.

After the fireworks Pierce (grandson) and I walked over to MK. It was open to 1am so what the heck. We rode HM, PoTC, Buzz and People Mover. Had a walk through Fantasyland kinda window shopping experience there. We'll be back.

We're sleeping in this morning getting ready for our move over to BLT. Its terribly foggy this morning and they are calling for rain showers later so we will play it by ear.

Well Lee Ann is up and kicking now and we're gonna go enjoy our one morning in the lounge. Will check in later. Most likely from BLT as we slowly work our way to HOME!

Edit add on: Agree with Teena. Be Our Guest Guide is da bomb....Dining, Resort, Transportation, Bouneback info all in one book. Wonderful idea.
Great report.

We stayed at CR Club Level once and you are right - the theme park view from there is unbelievable. We spent much time on our balcony (even though it gets windy up there!). Also loved the walk to MK.

That saie, I also agree that BC/YC feels more like home. While we loved our CR experience, I doubt we will go back, simply because we love the feel of BC/YC more.

And, glad you found your wallet! That must have given you an adrenaline shot.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 01-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #867
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Here's a quick shot of Be Our Guest Guide.

Bounceback Calendar.

Now off to BLT!!!!!!!

Old 01-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #868
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Thanks so much for the report, Mickey T! Really enjoying it! Glad to hear you recovered your wallet - that must have been so stressful. I appreciate the TT warning from you and Ninjamom. I was initially thinking we'll save TT for later in our trip when we get to Epcot in the morning (we usually start at another park and end the day in Epcot.) But I don't want to save it for our last full day and encounter technical difficulties - going to rethink that . . .

Glad you enjoyed Atrium Club at CR! We really loved it and I think a 1-night stay there is quite perfect. We experienced the same at check-in, but once they took us upstairs, all was well. It's a whole different experience and one that we really enjoyed, but it does have an entirely different feel from BC/YC. That's why I highly recommend the split stay and one night at CR Atrium Club.

I've kept an eye on the weather report (we have 20 days to go, but I like to start watching the trends) and it looks like it will be smooth sailing for you after Monday! Those temperatures look wonderful! Can you ask them to stick around for the rest of the month? I currently have quite a few layers on my packing list, and I'd like to leave a couple of those layers at home!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
Old 01-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #869
SarahJN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by filluzzi View Post
I made only one request - 2(4 people and 5 people per room) of our 3 rooms (standard view)be connecting. The grandchildren love waking up and running in to see their cousins and when we have a sitter it makes sleep time so much easier. If this is our only request, what do you think our chances will be for it to happen?

This was our only request as well. (We had booked water view rooms.) They did give us connecting rooms.

Read my trip reports!

Old 01-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #870
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoo View Post
Hi All,

I'm a long time lurker, fairly new member. We usually stay at Poly, but were sooo dissapointed in so many things there last year. Anyway, we are headed to BC in April. It is a trip that has been rebooked a few times. Since I will be having a big birthday we are staying deluxe CL. There will be 5 of us. Myself, the hubs, my 4 year old, my youngest who will be 21 months and my 18 year old sister. She had never been to Disney and this is part of her graduation gift. Do ya'll have any tips or ideas to make it extra special for her? Thanks in advance. Ya'll are awesome!
to the thread and the DIS

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List.

Sounds like a wonderful birthday and graduation celebration!!!

Hopefully some folks around here will have some ideas to make the trip extra special for your sister. A couple of ideas are planning an in-room celebration or maybe doing something like an Illuminations or Wishes cruise. A spa appointment? Pick a Pearl in Japan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by filluzzi View Post

Sorry, I don't really know how many connecting rooms there are at the resort, but the best thing you can do is put it on your reservation and hope that the room assigners are able accomodate your request. I know they will try if at all possible.

When is your trip?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: