Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #811
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Decisions, decisions.

I usually go to WDW at least once a year but am considering skipping this summer in order to do more "extras" during our big 2014 family trip.

We'll have a minimum of 12 people. Right now the plan is to do CR, YC, and AKL. I've always wanted to stay in the Presidential Suite at YC and that will definitely happen this trip if at all possible. I was considering five nights but am thinking about only two and the rest in a LV CL room. I figure I could throw one heck of an Illuminations party for my friends for the difference. Then again, I could skip this summer all together and save for the room........hmmmm.

I know a lot of people who really don't care about view or room but its just something I've always wanted to do. I've already stayed in the Presidential at AKL and my sisters still talk about that trip!

So, fewer nights in the suite or one less trip? Thoughts? I know my BC/YC frequent visitors will understand.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #812
pobaw81
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS

When I worked last Saturday it was still not open and had a new opening date of 1/1 but I was told it was not definite. I will check it out tomorrow when I get in and report back.
Any update on this? We are leaving for YC/BC in two weeks and would be disappointed if HH hasn't reopened.

Thanks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #813
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristen2276 View Post
snakes? OMG- please don't tell me that! I can deal with bugs, they are usually easy to remove, but if I see a snake in my room, I will DIE! DIE! I tell you! I can't deal with snakes in my room, I will need therapy!
Besides that- any rooms better in BC then others- we have a Garden view- thanks!
Deep breath!

We've been to WDW countless times and have NEVER had a snake in our room. That being said, if you don't need a ground floor, request an upper floor to decrease (the already very small) chance of an unwanted critter.

Last edited by suemom2kay; 01-05-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #814
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
OK, you are totally right. I don't kill most bugs. I love to kill lovebugs. Give me a big fat noodle and let me at them!!!!
OMG I remember this. I also remember giving you much sass on your bug murdering behavior! Good times... good times...

Can't wait to come see you in May.... Hurry up calendar!!!

Old 01-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #815
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
We spend hours in SAB when we stay at BC, we barely bother with the parks, and it looked like SAB is a tiny bit closer to BC than YC. Does that seem right? I just really didn't want to have to traipse through the gorgeous YC lobby in my swim gear.
Be comfy in your swim gear, everyone! While I prefer the BC lobby, I thought the YC lobby was also comfortable, especially when Gary was there greeting. But in my opinion, BC lobby is especially comfy. (Yay, Teena!) When we stayed at YC in April, we spend most of our time in the sandy zero depth entry area because it was so close to YC. I thought YC was perfect for proximity to that area. In October at BC, we didn't even go over to the sandy zero depth entry area and stayed closer to the jib slide and the kiddie slide at the base of the pirate ship!

Speaking of SAB, I'm so excited to get back to BC - just three weeks! I guess that's odd since I'm technically a Poly/BWI guest! Still have to do a little cheer that the BWI pool is closed and we'll be able to hang out at SAB. Really hope Hurricane Hanna's is up and running by that time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Decisions, decisions.

I usually go to WDW at least once a year but am considering skipping this summer in order to do more "extras" during our big 2014 family trip.

We'll have a minimum of 12 people. Right now the plan is to do CR, YC, and AKL. I've always wanted to stay in the Presidential Suite at YC and that will definitely happen this trip if at all possible. I was considering five nights but am thinking about only two and the rest in a LV CL room. I figure I could throw one heck of an Illuminations party for my friends for the difference. Then again, I could skip this summer all together and save for the room........hmmmm.

I know a lot of people who really don't care about view or room but its just something I've always wanted to do. I've already stayed in the Presidential at AKL and my sisters still talk about that trip!

So, fewer nights in the suite or one less trip? Thoughts? I know my BC/YC frequent visitors will understand.
Hi YC Fan! I vote for fewer nights in the suite. I love a good suite, but I also love multiple trips. And someday, I want to throw one heck of an Illuminations party too!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #816
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Thanks pixarmom! This is definitely the way I am leaning right now. We'll have to see how it works out.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #817
spacemountain
A million points for you!
"Dude, she's toast"
The DIS's #1 Dill Pickle fan!

We just booked May 26th- June 2nd at BC. This will be our second time staying there and we are SO excited!!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #818
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone,

We just booked our trip to WDW for May and will be doing a split stay with 2 nights at POR and 5 nights at BC. This thread has been super helpful in making our decisions. This trip will be only the second time we have stayed on site and first time for a deluxe resort. With the specials I found I couldnt pass up the opportunity to be so close to Epcot and HS and right at the Boardwalk too! I honestly never imagined we would ever splurge on a deluxe but I think with three little kids the convenience is going to be well worth it.

I have one question (for now) has anyone had a child do the pirate treasure hunt thing mentioned in resort activities? Just wondering what it entails and how much it costs.

Thanks!

Heather
Old 01-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #819
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703
Hello everyone,

We just booked our trip to WDW for May and will be doing a split stay with 2 nights at POR and 5 nights at BC. This thread has been super helpful in making our decisions. This trip will be only the second time we have stayed on site and first time for a deluxe resort. With the specials I found I couldnt pass up the opportunity to be so close to Epcot and HS and right at the Boardwalk too! I honestly never imagined we would ever splurge on a deluxe but I think with three little kids the convenience is going to be well worth it.

I have one question (for now) has anyone had a child do the pirate treasure hunt thing mentioned in resort activities? Just wondering what it entails and how much it costs.

Thanks!

Heather
My son has done the Albatross Cruise twice. He loved it both times. It was around $35 when he did it.

They cruise the waters around the area and search for clues for treasure. At one point they go into Epcot when World Showcase is closed and actually get off if the boat and go into one of the countries. This was his favorite part, being in World Showcase virtually alone. They chase a pirate at the end. They also have a snack when they find the treasure. He would keep doing it if they would let him but he's 12 now. It was a wonderful experience for him.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #820
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Decisions, decisions.

Selfishly I'd hate for you to skip this year. After all you are a charter member of the "BC/YC Mini-Dis Meet" club! I will never forget your "surprise appearance" last year.

I know what you mean about the view - it's important to me too. I would go with two nights in the suite and the rest in the LV CL room and throw the kind of Illuminations party that only you know how to do.

Whatever you decide I know it will be fantastic!!!!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 01-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #821
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Hello everyone,

Thanks!

Heather
My kids and my grandsons have done the Albatross Cruise and loved it! In fact my kids liked it even better than the Pirate Cruise they did at the GF and my grandson told everyone it was the best part of his trip to Disney!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 01-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #822
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Decisions, decisions.

I would definitely go with fewer nights in the suite and keep all the trips
Old 01-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #823
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Decisions, decisions.

Fewer nights in the suite!

More trips always sounds good.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 01-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #824
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

What are the best spots around the YC/BC that could serve as an alternative to the ESPN Club? My dad will be spending a decent amount of time at the resort while mom and I are in the parks and might not want to brave the crowds at ESPN during sporting events. Any nice TV/lounge options?

TIA.

P.S. 13 DAYS!!!! Look how close Mickey is to that tree!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #825
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Lots of new and returning friends!!!

It's all good! Your family will have a fabulous time!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Thank you! We will be there from 5/30-6/8.

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: