Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #706
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We had a room that was a little bit to the right of this picture. It was a lovely location. We loved that it was close to the secret YC entrance. In fact, we almost never went to the lobby, and if we did, we walked outside to go there.
The boats can be noisy with all that "tooting" they do, so we were happy to be away from it. I would request that view again.
So, how would this request be worded? Overlooking quiet pool??? Being near the secret entrance would be nice.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #707
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Hi and Welcome to the thread!

We were out early at the bus stops and we never saw the hordes of people waiting. There is now a CM at the resort bus stops In The Morning reporting back to dispatch about the need for more buses in case a thundering herd does show up for a particular park. I've even heard a rumor that monitors are going to be put in the bus stops showing that the bus for park "X" is so many minutes away from your stop. I heard about this being considered for the Grand Floridian bus stop but it can't be far behind the other deluxe hotels if it is in fact true.

Nope. the only bus nightmare that one has to worry about when staying at the BC/YC is the bus to Downtown Disney. I think the BC is the last stop before the bus GOES to DTD, so it may be full when it pulls up. The bus coming back from DTD goes all over before finally getting to the BC/YC stops. The time depends on how may people are involved and if there are scooters to be loaded and unloaded. Also I think the DTD makes a stop at a Water park, but it didn't when we were on the bus, possibly because one of them was closed for a refurbishment.

Keep in mind that All resorts that have bus service to DTD have epic problems, so it's not just the YC/BC. The bus to DTD is like the unwanted stepchild of the resort bus system. She is asked to do too many chores by stopping at too many resorts much like Cinderella and her problems. An insider secret is to figure out which is the worst leg of a bus trip between your resort and DTD and take a cab to avoid that leg of the trip. In the case of the YC/BC the consensus is that the return trip from DTD to the YC/BC is reaylly problematic so spend the estimated $20 (includes a tip for the driver) and take the cab. It's 45 minutes plus of your life that you will be glad to get back.

~NM
Thanks for the advice.
Is there a set order the buses all pick up / drop off at the Epcot resorts? We don't mind walking to one of the other resorts if it might help us bag a seat, although I suppose the buses aren't always shared if it's busy?

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #708
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
So, how would this request be worded? Overlooking quiet pool??? Being near the secret entrance would be nice.
I guess overlooking quiet pool would work. We were bumped from the BC and that was the room we got. It was very bright and sunny.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 01-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #709
Karebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We had a room that was a little bit to the right of this picture. It was a lovely location. We loved that it was close to the secret YC entrance. In fact, we almost never went to the lobby, and if we did, we walked outside to go there.
The boats can be noisy with all that "tooting" they do, so we were happy to be away from it. I would request that view again.

Where is the YC "secret entrance"? Trying to find out all that I can about the YC before our first stay there!

Old 01-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #710
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear View Post
Where is the YC "secret entrance"? Trying to find out all that I can about the YC before our first stay there!
Wish I knew how to post Robo maps - I could show you easily! Here's a link to a map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/yachbeachmap.htm. The secret entrance is right where it says "laundry" on the YC side right between the wedding gazebo and marina!

If you stand on the path right in front of the YC back entrance facing the lake, you'll see this:

This will be behind you:

Now turn right and walk toward the Dolphin. Keep walking until you see the marina on the left and and the wedding gazebo on the right. At that point, the "secret entrance" is straight ahead!

If trying to reach it from the inside, it's right next to room 1065. I took this to help me remember!

Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!

Last edited by pixarmom; 01-03-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #711
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Thanks for the advice.
Is there a set order the buses all pick up / drop off at the Epcot resorts? We don't mind walking to one of the other resorts if it might help us bag a seat, although I suppose the buses aren't always shared if it's busy?
I'm thinking they pretty much always go to the Yacht Club before the Beach Club, at least that's what we saw when we were riding the buses BACK to the resort. It was always in the back of my mind to go over to the YC bus stop if we were trying to get on the bus during a crazy time but it never happened because the buses were not a problem for our December trip.

I also was thinking a fun thing to do would have been to get Off of the bus at the Yacht Club and then go inside and check it out on the walk back over to the BC, but my boys were interested in Pin Trading so we had already been all over the Yacht Club checking out the Pin Trading books over there and the early exit from the buses was not needed.

Here is your complimentary Pin Trading tip of the day!

Pin Trading Books (I'm talking the multi page, LOADED with pins, BOOKS!) are generally located at:

One of the Hotel stores (At BC= Marketplace and at YC = Fittings & Fairings)

The main desk or some equivalent location in the lobby of the hotel.

~ And the super, not so secret location ~ The Bell services desk!

We had a great time pin trading with Teena as well! The bell services people really liked it that we came over and asked to pin trade with them so thanks to Teena for that tip!

~NM
Old 01-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #712
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Pin Trading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
I'm thinking they pretty much always go to the Yacht Club before the Beach Club, at least that's what we saw when we were riding the buses BACK to the resort. It was always in the back of my mind to go over to the YC bus stop if we were trying to get on the bus during a crazy time but it never happened because the buses were not a problem for our December trip.

I also was thinking a fun thing to do would have been to get Off of the bus at the Yacht Club and then go inside and check it out on the walk back over to the BC, but my boys were interested in Pin Trading so we had already been all over the Yacht Club checking out the Pin Trading books over there and the early exit from the buses was not needed.

Here is your complimentary Pin Trading tip of the day!

Pin Trading Books (I'm talking the multi page, LOADED with pins, BOOKS!) are generally located at:

One of the Hotel stores (At BC= Marketplace and at YC = Fittings & Fairings)

The main desk or some equivalent location in the lobby of the hotel.

~ And the super, not so secret location ~ The Bell services desk!

We had a great time pin trading with Teena as well! The bell services people really liked it that we came over and asked to pin trade with them so thanks to Teena for that tip!

~NM

Thanks so much for the pin trading info!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #713
Karebear
Mouseketeer

Thanks pixarmom for the info!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #714
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I'm guessing the YC secret door is not near the lobby?? Or is it??

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #715
em36
Mouseketeer

Dee, we have changed our dates a little in order to take full advantage of the new discount. Our dates are YC garden view club level from June 8-June 15. We were able to save about $1400 by changing the dates by one day and applying the discount. This was great news!!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #716
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Love all the recent postings.

NinjaMom - nice trip report installment. Always good to be left with a cliff hanger (who is the 6th person!)

PixarMom - thanks for the great pictures!

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 01-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #717
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

So Ninja Mom ??? When exactly are you going to be at POFQ?? I see you have 51 days until you will be there!! Could that be true???

~Nannette

Old 01-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #718
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and say Happy New Year! Today is our 100 day mark 'til our April trip and excitement is building each day. Was thrilled to apply the new Spring discount that came out today to our reservation. Hoping these cold winter months pass quickly so we can get to the BC!!!

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
Old 01-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #719
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I'm guessing the YC secret door is not near the lobby?? Or is it??
No, not near the lobby. If you look at the map, the lobby is where the "check-in/front desk" icon is located and the secret entrance is where the laundry room between the marina and wedding gazebo is located. http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/yachbeachmap.htm
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #720
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
So Ninja Mom ??? When exactly are you going to be at POFQ?? I see you have 51 days until you will be there!! Could that be true???

~Nannette
Yes it is true! I shall be arriving on the day in which you are departing. /
We'll probably arrive at POFQ at around 1 pm.

I'll warm up your seat on the magical depress for the ride home.... unless you want to run like a bunny over to our room and hole up for a couple more days! I can totally explain that to my husband since we are in the business of adopting people on our Disney Trips!

~NM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: