Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #676
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
Need some opinions - Currently I have dinner reservations for Cape May (which we have done before) and I made breakfast reservations at Captains Grille. We are staying YC CL so I am wondering if I should switch Captains Grille to dinner (never been) and cancel Cape May. We are doing the regular dining plan. Here is the line up:
Cape May dinner
BOG dinner
Captains Grille Breakfast
50's Prime Time lunch
Jiko dinner
Yachtsman dinner
Cape May breakfast
Coral Reef dinner ( eaten here before, but dh and dd are scuba and snorkeling Nemo tank so feel it would be a good option that day)

Since we are staying CL, would you switch Captains Grille Bkfst to a dinner? We have never eaten at CG before and I heard good things about their breakfast...not sure about their dinner?
Im not worried about the dining plan as we will be paying oop for a few of the meals and we have the TIW card.
TIA,
In case you are wondering its myself, DH, DD11, and DS 5

We love Captain's Grill for breakfast. It is our favorite. It's a must do

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 01-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #677
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Only one of the GV CL rooms at the BC has a daybed. All others (8) have two queens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dana278 View Post
Awesome, thanks! I don't care about the day bed, I'd actually decline it if it was given to us so a larger family could have it. I just want two normal beds. LOL
And if I am not mistaken, I believe all of the BC GV CL rooms have a full balcony!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #678
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
We love Captain's Grill for breakfast. It is our favorite. It's a must do
Excellent - thanks! I enjoy breakfast so I am glad to hear this!

[/url]
Old 01-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #679
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=MickeyT;47059108]I've never done CG dinner but we love their breakfast. IMO with the great dinners you have planned I would do the breakfast buffet.

Thanks - even though the lounge will have some breakfast, i still enjoy breakfast out. The rest of the family, not so sure unless of course, characters are involved :-)

[/url]
Old 01-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #680
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Happy New Year BC/YC fans!

Sue, I bet Whistler is beautiful at this time of year!!! We're thinking about either Whistler or Park City next year - need to get these boys on skis again!
Whistler was beautiful! I'd post pics if I knew how, lol. I'm with Teena on this one
Just got home today. If you come to Whistler you'll have to let me know!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 01-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #681
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm going to be away most of January. I work this Saturday and Sunday and then next Saturday set sail on a 14 night cruise. I'll be back to work on 1/27. Today is close to 80 and it's January. Keep those fingers crossed!
Happy Sailing! Hope to see ya on the 27th. I'm really hoping for some warm weather!

Quote:
Only one of the GV CL rooms at the BC has a daybed. All others (8) have two queens.
Then we really got sprinkled with some major Pixie Dust GV CL Illuminations and daybed, wow! It just doesn't get better then this
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Old 01-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #682
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaceraden View Post
Hey, all.

Just wondering what everyone's ideal length of stay would be when you factor in budget, etc.

Also wondering how much time you devote to non park days and what sorts of other activities you do.

I'm interested in all replies though I have a young family so some activities, etc. probably won't happen with us.

Our average trip is 10 - 13 days. We come from the west coast, so 2 days are eatten up by travel.
We don't have much non-park days as such. Sometimes in summer we go to a water park 2 or 3 times till mid day. Then back to resort for a rest. Then out to dinner and evening park?

In August we build in mid day breaks every day. Our touring sched is easy. Go to parks at rope drop, back at resort by 2:00 pool time, relax, then go to dinner and possibly evening park. May have a sleep in day, we play it by ear.
I find we can easily devote 2 or more days to each park, as we don't do full park days. We tour leisurely, since we are there 10+ days. No commando touring

Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #683
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Tink View Post
I am no expert (only stayed one time at YC last year, but are returning this September), but we had room #1152 which was first floor directly looking at the wedding gazebo, and a short walk to the gift store and lobby. We LOVED this room and never being on the first floor before at any Disney resort I was a bit worried, but we honestly loved the first floor. Here was our view:

Beautiful.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #684
dana278
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
And if I am not mistaken, I believe all of the BC GV CL rooms have a full balcony!
Great! I was wanting a balcony which was why YC won out in the end, but the beds are more important to me.

Interesting, but on the Disney site they list the GV CL room view as this:

"Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort Gardens or Parking Area"

Parking, really? I mean I could deal with that, it just seems odd for a garden view. I wonder if that's a mistake, as technically their bed configurations aren't correct by saying "2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed."
Old 01-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #685
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Will do!

back!

Thanks! I spent the last several months on the Disneyland forum, getting info for our trip last month. It was very nice, but I'm so happy to be back to planning WDW & YC!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #686
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana278 View Post
Great! I was wanting a balcony which was why YC won out in the end, but the beds are more important to me.

Interesting, but on the Disney site they list the GV CL room view as this:

"Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort Gardens or Parking Area"

Parking, really? I mean I could deal with that, it just seems odd for a garden view. I wonder if that's a mistake, as technically their bed configurations aren't correct by saying "2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed."
Standard view is a parking lot or roof view.
Garden view is a view of something green (could be overgrown woodys area, courtyard, garden).
Water view is a view of water obviously (either the pool or lagoon).

The website is full of incorrect information. To get them to change it is a major headache. You have to go through a million steps and our resort is constantly trying (as I assume all resorts that have the same problem).

For example, I pulled up dining on the disney website about two weeks ago and looked at Cape May Cafe for dinner - the menu, it says they serve ribs. Ribs disappeared 7 months ago and they assure me they are NOT coming back. (Which makes me upset.)
Old 01-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #687
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The website is full of incorrect information. To get them to change it is a major headache. You have to go through a million steps and our resort is constantly trying (as I assume all resorts that have the same problem).

For example, I pulled up dining on the disney website about two weeks ago and looked at Cape May Cafe for dinner - the menu, it says they serve ribs. Ribs disappeared 7 months ago and they assure me they are NOT coming back. (Which makes me upset.)
You think that's bad.... on a map at the new web site DiVine from the Animal Kingdom park was listed as appearing at Hollywood Studios in the middle of a lake.

~NM

Last edited by Ninja Mom; 01-02-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #688
dana278
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Standard view is a parking lot or roof view.
Garden view is a view of something green (could be overgrown woodys area, courtyard, garden).
Water view is a view of water obviously (either the pool or lagoon).

Good to know! Thanks again for all of your help.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #689
dana278
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Thanks! I spent the last several months on the Disneyland forum, getting info for our trip last month. It was very nice, but I'm so happy to be back to planning WDW & YC!
Hah that's where I usually spend my time. Not gonna lie, life is easier in the Disneyland forum. There's so much more to see over here. It's pretty overwhelming, but it's nice and informative!

I was just at Disneyland last month as well! And a few months before that and a few months before that. LOL My brother works for Disneyland so I've been quite a bit since he started a few years ago. I'm finally like "okay I think I've seen it all" which is why I need to make a trip to WDW to explore more. I'm dying to do the Backstage Magic tour. DL doesn't have anything like it.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #690
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
We tour leisurely, since we are there 10+ days. No commando touring
That's my favourite way to see WDW. Nice and leisurely!

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: