Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #511
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas to all my BC/YC friends!!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 12-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #512
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Merry Christmas Beach Club family!! Hope everyone has a great day!!

~Nannette
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #513
dandydad12
Mouseketeer

A very MERRY CHRISTMAS and happy HOLIDAYS to all .
DIXEY LANDINGS/1999 , DIXEY LANDINGS/2000 , POR/2001 , POR/2002 , POR/2003 , POR/2005 , POR/2006 , OKW/2007 , OKW/2008 , POR/2009 , POR/2010 , YBC/2011 , YBC/2012 , YBC/THV/2013 ,YBC 2013 , YBC2014 , YBC 2015

Old 12-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #514
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

MERRY CHRISTMAS BC/YC PEEPS!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #515
hill6
DIS Veteran

Glad Lilly made a quick recovery. Looks like she had a great time.

Merry Christmas one and all.

The Dark Side May 8-10.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 10-14
Bay Lake Tower May 14-15. Hoping for last night at Wilderness Lodge
Old 12-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #516
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas Everyone!
Old 12-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #517
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas and a happy holiday to all who lurk here!

~NM
Old 12-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #518
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Happy Holidays BC/YC lovers!! 🎁Disneys Christmas Parade this morning (albeit only in high def &#128521 was living vicariously through the TV 📺, can't wait for May 🏰...! Countdown is SO on! ⏳

Old 12-25-2012, 01:00 PM   #519
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Aw, all my fun little emoctions didn't display. 😒

Old 12-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #520
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Hoping everyone had a great Christmas. Vision of sugarplumbs danced in my head!

Old 12-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #521
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Hoping everyone had a great Christmas. Vision of sugarplumbs danced in my head!
Very nice!

Thanks

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 12-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #522
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Lily update!

Thanks Dee for the update, glad to hear Lily is feeling better. Great pics
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 12-27-2012, 02:52 AM   #523
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

When last we left off on my trip report I discovered that my family had beaten me to the room! It was on the 5th floor and faced the front of the resort. It had a daybed which was very comfortable and it easily accommodated my sons, all of whom are at least 5 foot 9 inches tall. I think this was one of the old ones based on previous information reported on this thread. (The newer ones are shorter) The day bed was so comfortable that there was much fighting over who would get it. I stepped in and settled the argument with a rotating schedule of day bed use and a mandate that during the day it be returned to its sofa function. As soon as I spoke up, the fighting stopped; the boys ignored me and worked it out on their own.

With 5 people in the room things can get kind of cramped but we have a system where we pack all the shirts on wire hangers from home and hang them in the closet. Everybody gets a drawer to keep the undies and jammies in and we keep the shorts or pants folded on the top shelf above the hangers. We also take 3 sizes of suitcases so the carry on fits inside of the medium size suitcase that fits in the large size suitcase. We kept a large suitcase open on the floor of the closet to use as a laundry hamper. I was thinking of asking Bell Services to stow the empty suitcases but they fit just fine on the side of the bed whose wall is next to the bathroom. We also kept a carry on out for storage of all of the boys electronic junk. Our 8 socket extension strip was in heavy use charging all the phones and ipods.

There was plenty of storage space in the bathroom, especially because our boys are not in to bringing a multitude of grooming products with them. I suspect, if left to their own devices, that they would be perfectly happy showering with Brillo pads. Try as I might, I could not tempt them into trying the resort supplied fruity smelling shampoos, body washes and conditioners. Those boys have no sense of adventure I tell you!

We have a rule, where before we leave the room, everything not in the bathroom has to be put away so the housekeeper does not go and run screaming from the room when he/she comes to make it up. All in all, with a little organization, the 5 of us fit in the room nicely. The room also had one of those small balconies but we didn’t mind. My husband found plenty of places at the resort where he could chill out. The Beach Club lobby deserves its reputation for being busy but there is a really quiet sitting area just past the entrance to the Beach Club Villas. It has comfy couches and hardly any one goes there. This turned out to be my husbands favorite ‘go to’ spot when he wanted some quiet time with his club level latte and a novel. He also liked the Solarium, which was vacated of gym equipment due to the completion of the fitness center renovation. He never got over to the Yacht Club to check out hang outs over there but I'm sure there are some nice places over there that would be quiet and relaxing.

Now let me tell you about HOW WONDERFUL CLUB LEVEL IS!!!!

First off, the continental breakfast is just the thing for the quick get away to the parks. You've read what is offered in a previous post so I don't need to go there but I can not emphasize enough just how key this is to help make this a more relaxed and organized vacation. My boys, who are eggs and breakfast meat kind of men really don't mind the lack thereof and they certainly have plenty to choose from. One of them even shocked me by trying the oatmeal, which I thought would be a fine healthy choice until I saw the amount of sugar, raisins and other stuff He piled into the bowl. The pastries are delicious and the hard boiled egg gives you that much needed protein boost for commando touring.

My husband, who can be picky with the coffee, was very happy with the lattes available from the Nescafe machine on the club level. They put coffee outside the lounge at 6am and the continental breakfast starts at 7am. Cuisinart pods are available in the room I was in.

As for the middle of the day, we used club level for the beverages available when we returned from the parks. Say goodbye to ordering snacks and water for the room! Chips, Swedish and yogurt covered pretzels fill the need for a nibble after lunch. There are sodas and beer available as well as juice and iced tea. The coffee machine is standing sentry duty for that mid day pick up as well. We have been told to just ask if we need something and they will see how they can help you. I've heard people come in and ask for stuff when it wasn't out and the staff will try to get it for you.

Being club level newbies we were starting to pick up on the importance of asking for things. The staff can't read your mind and it can be bewildering when you see something at one time of the day and then it's gone later. The staff is really great and they really want to assist you. I became comfortable asking if "I could please have this" or "when does that comes out". They really don't mind helping so ask away. We asked for bottles of Dasani water to take to the parks when we tour since they are not kept out with the rest of the beverages. One of the best tips that I can give you about experiencing club level is to ask, no matter what it is, and the staff will see if they are able to assist you. It really makes them happy when they can tell that they are helping you out in a special, much needed way.

As for the appetizers, served from 5pm to 7pm, they were really good. You can tell that fresh quality ingredients are used. One night I had a very nice goat cheese appetizer that I would love to be able to get at home. I was also addicted to the apple slices and caramel dip. The olive salad and artichoke hearts are simply to die for. Accompanying the various appetizers are sauces and dips that are very fresh and tasty. They taste like they were just whipped up in the kitchen and not poured out of a bottle.

Now I have a confession to make. When ever we had a big lunch at one of the restaurants I would save half of my entree to take back for dinner. You could request a microwave for your room but I just used the one in the Market Place. Having some of the appetizers from club level and then the rest of my lunch made for a fine dinner on the nights that we didn't have dinner plans. I had great fun one night in the Market Place when I was reheating the left over half of my Mushroom Risotto Filet from Le Cellier. There were some CM's in the Market Place and I was teasing them about NOT sharing my left overs from LeCellier. Everyone was drooling, including the boys who had opted to devour their entire entrees at lunch. No amount of "dog eyes" or begging would persuade me to give up the goods and share with my family.

From 8pm until ??? Cordials and desserts are served. One night we had Raspberry Mousse and a chocolate and peanut butter little something delicious. Cookies and brownies were also available on different days. My boys were in heaven when they saw all the goodies offered in club level. The thought that they could feed the hungry beast that lurks in their stomachs with the great food that was available at Club Level put a smile on their faces all week. On the trip home there was much discussion about how that was one of the highlights of the trip!

I'm pretty sure the lounge closes at 11 but remember that they have trays in a cabinet under the soda cooler and you can take plates back to your room earlier in the evening, before the lounge closes and enjoy your goodies in your room later on when the lounge will be closed and you are getting back late from the parks.

What I've learned about club level is that it solves a lot of problems when you stay at Disney. It's sort of like staying at home where you have access to your kitchen and you can grab a nibble or a beverage whenever you need it, just like you do at home. You don't have to worry about ordering these things from Garden Grocer and deal with having to stock your room with them. You just run up to the lounge and grab and go!

You also have the resources of club level staff who will be able to help you with a variety of things encountered during your vacation stay. Its nice having a knowledgeable source of information just a question away when you are so busy running here or there during a Disney trip.

In the end, once you experience it, in my opinion it becomes certain that staying at club level is well worth the money. It's the difference between an easier, more comfortable stay versus one where you have to herd the family to breakfast and deal with snacks and beverages. I'm not a club level pro, where I have the inside knowledge to utilize the staff to book this restaurant or get that certain kind of show ticket, but I like knowing that if something unexpected should pop up, I have someone I can depend on to help me out.

I see a lot of families with young children using the lounge at club level. I can't think of a better demographic that really benefits from the lounge and the food offerings. How easy is it on Mom and Dad to just pop in to the lounge and get something to eat and drink as they are running with the kids from here to there? I also like having the option for the 5 people in my family, who always seem to be on different eating schedules. We are no longer tied together and everybody has to eat at the same time.

At one point in time I thought about all the stuff we weren’t buying during our trip. Bottled water alone costs something like $2.50 and that and the sodas can really add up during a trip. Breakfast would have cost us about $11.00 per person and there were a ton of snacks I did not have to buy.

If I had to sum it up, staying at Club Level puts the "Home" in the "Welcome Home" at a Disney resort.

After getting situated in the room we hit the road in a taxi van to get to the Polynesian Resort for a dinner reservation at the Kona Café. This taxi ride cost about $20 with tip and saved us countless time and aggravation trying to negotiate Disney transportation, which can be cumbersome going from resort to resort. That $20 taxi ride was money well spent and we would do it again if we needed to go from resort to resort. After Dinner we took a boat from the Poly to the Magic Kingdom. We then hopped on another boat to……

To.......

To.......

To be continued in the next chapter of my trip report!

~NM

Last edited by Ninja Mom; 12-27-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #524
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
........ We then hopped on another boat to……

To.......

To.......

To be continued in the next chapter of my trip report!

~NM
Loving your TR NM. We too love the CL and CL staff when we are able to stay 5th floor.

Keep it coming!

Old 12-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #525
sea nymph
Mouseketeer

Nice report Ninja!
We are staying at the Beach Club and are waivering on whether to stay on the club level or do the deluxe dining package in a standard room?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: