Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #361
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7
Hi guys,

As most of you know, when we returned from our super magical vacation last July we found out the bad news that my niece had terminal cancer. The dr. just told us that she may not last through Christmas. If you are so inclined please keep her family (and my family) in your prayers. She had so hoped to hang onto until May when her youngest dd graduates from college. I'm praying that she'll hold on through Christmas both for her sake, but also for her two daughters, her mom and my mother.

I always know my BC/YC family is with me in throught and prayers.
Thank you.l
Several prayers here for your niece and family.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 12-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #362
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7
Hi guys,

As most of you know, when we returned from our super magical vacation last July we found out the bad news that my niece had terminal cancer. The dr. just told us that she may not last through Christmas. If you are so inclined please keep her family (and my family) in your prayers. She had so hoped to hang onto until May when her youngest dd graduates from college. I'm praying that she'll hold on through Christmas both for her sake, but also for her two daughters, her mom and my mother.

I always know my BC/YC family is with me in throught and prayers.
Thank you.l
Robyn: you're in my prayers. My Dad passed away two days before Christmas. It's very hard to get through the holidays without thinking about our loss but at the same time we rejoice in his life and remember that this is what the season is all about. Hugs to you.
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #363
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Just bought a pineapple corer on HSN. Now even though this is the BC/YC thread....everybody here knows what that means!! Homemade lapu lapus!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #364
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
Anyone get to try use the new RFID ticket system to get in the parks today?
What are your thoughts? Did you use your room key to get into the parks or a separate ticket?
I tested that system when I was there last year! Thought it was very cool! They were testing it at EPCOT November 2011.

~Nannette
Old 12-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #365
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
I tested that system when I was there last year! Thought it was very cool! They were testing it at EPCOT November 2011.

~Nannette
I did, too, Nannette. I really liked the feel of it.....just more welcoming or something. This was at the front of Epcot last November.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #366
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

The cool thing is at WL ...my hubs opened the door without even taking it out of his wallet
Very cool. I often keep my KTTW in a separate pocket of my parks purse. I will have to try that technique. Happy planning for your BC stay, pas130.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #367
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

BCV23 and other Captain's Grille fans, it happened again. We cancelled Captain's Grille and booked Cape May . . . again. Just couldn't resist. The kids were very sweet in asking for the switch, and my husband agreed it would be a festive way to end the trip. (Hoping that outstanding spinach salad is still around on the breakfast buffet.) Some day, I will return to Captain's!!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 12-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #368
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

pixarmom, it sounds like a great call since it still is important to your boys. All too soon, they probably won't care as much about character meals. Enjoy!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #369
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Oh, and for those who stay in the villas, at the annual DVC meeting reportedly it was announced that the bedspreads at all DVC resorts will be gone "by 2014." Personally, I'm thrilled!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #370
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
I did, too, Nannette. I really liked the feel of it.....just more welcoming or something. This was at the front of Epcot last November.
Yep that's where we were in the front. I didn't really realize what it was and I didn't ask a lot of questions as we were late to a tour! Thought it was really cool though!!

~Nannette
Old 12-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #371
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Very cool. I often keep my KTTW in a separate pocket of my parks purse. I will have to try that technique. Happy planning for your BC stay, pas130.
Thanks!! You know how I adore the GF..but my 2 rooms YC CL are less than $300 than GF GV with a nice discount...plus DH and the kids picked it over GF I chose YC over BC solely for the balcony (is that bad???)
Old 12-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #372
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Thanks!! You know how I adore the GF..but my 2 rooms YC CL are less than $300 than GF GV with a nice discount...plus DH and the kids picked it over GF I chose YC over BC solely for the balcony (is that bad???)
Not bad at all. I prefer the decor and location of the Beach Club, but a full balcony is really important to me, too. I have been very lucky that both of my stays at the BC were rooms with full balconies, but I wouldn't hesitate for a moment staying at the YC.

Last edited by natebenma; 12-14-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #373
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Not bad at all. I prefer the decor and location of the Beach Club, but a full balcony is really important to me, too. I have been very lucky that both of my stays at the BC were rooms with full balconies, but I wouldn't hesitate for a moment staying at the YC.
I like the decor at BC better too. My DD8 has some sensory issues as well, and the YC lobby will hopefully feel more serene to her..and she loves balconies..the view she cares less about our only request was connecting rooms. Also we will spend most of our time on the kiddie side which is closer to the YC side from what I recall
Old 12-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #374
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

My heart is aching for those families in Connecticut.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #375
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
My heart is aching for those families in Connecticut.
Truly a disgusting act of violence. It makes me sick to my stomach. Those poor children...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: