Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #3661
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars
 
Ziggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 698

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Anyone need an afternoon "pick-me-up?"





One of our friends is torturing us from the World!

.
Wow, that is the life!
__________________
Ziggy is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #3662
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,615

Quote:
Originally Posted by debelfish View Post
I remember eating a great salad at poolside several days on a previous trip. I just looked at the new menus and don't see any. Where could we go to get a chicken type of salad to eat?
Thanks!
Elizabeth

Lettuce hope someone who has recently visited or is going soon will be able to answer this. I would be surprised (and disappointed) if you couldn't get a salad at The Marketplace.
natebenma is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #3663
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars
 
Ziggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 698

I did get a lovely chicken caesar salad at the marketplace a few years back, not sure if they still do it but I hope so.
__________________
Ziggy is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #3664
DancinDaisyDuck
Nothing left for me to do but dance
 
DancinDaisyDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 610

Exciting news! Our Dis friend Brenda (emmysmommy) and her daughter Emily were upgraded from their YC CL room to the Admiral's Suite!! There's a picture on page 175 of the Coming To You Live dining thread in the Restaurants forum and I'm sure she'll be posting some more updates throughout her trip. Yay Brenda!
__________________
Last Trips
March 2007, October 2007, October 2009, March 2010, October 2012, January 2014


DancinDaisyDuck is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #3665
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran
 
luvpoohandcompany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 1,456

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Lettuce hope someone who has recently visited or is going soon will be able to answer this. I would be surprised (and disappointed) if you couldn't get a salad at The Marketplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
Exciting news! Our Dis friend Brenda (emmysmommy) and her daughter Emily were upgraded from their YC CL room to the Admiral's Suite!! There's a picture on page 175 of the Coming To You Live dining thread in the Restaurants forum and I'm sure she'll be posting some more updates throughout her trip. Yay Brenda!
Lucky duck Going to check it out now
luvpoohandcompany is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #3666
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,615

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
Exciting news! Our Dis friend Brenda (emmysmommy) and her daughter Emily were upgraded from their YC CL room to the Admiral's Suite!! There's a picture on page 175 of the Coming To You Live dining thread in the Restaurants forum and I'm sure she'll be posting some more updates throughout her trip. Yay Brenda!
That is awesome news!!!! Love Brenda!!! I didn't even know she was coming to Yacht Club.



Thanks for the heads up.


ETA: Here's the link to the announcement post.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2614


.

Last edited by natebenma; 02-25-2013 at 03:29 PM.
natebenma is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #3667
PrincessTaylorsMom
Mouseketeer
 
PrincessTaylorsMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 286

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Anyone need an afternoon "pick-me-up?"





One of our "friends" is torturing us from the World!

.
I am totally craving one of these and a comfy chair in the sun at SAB now! Lucky for me only 45 more days until we arrive at BC!
__________________
Me (Karen), DH, DD (9), DD (9)

12/14 Port Orleans Riverside 4/13 Beach Club, 10/2011 Beach Club, 9/2009 ASMu, 12/07 Poly, 7/95 Dixie Landing, 1977-1986 Off site (many times with mom & dad)

PrincessTaylorsMom is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #3668
BusyMom2Three
Mouseketeer
 
BusyMom2Three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MI
Posts: 427

Oh my, oh my, oh my!

It looks like we are leaving early tomorrow morning instead of Wed morning. We had to change our flight because the airline said our Wed flight would be delayed or canceled altogether due to the blizzard we are expecting to hit tomorrow evening.

I am not even packed and we leave our house around 4:30 am tomorrow. I don't even know yet where we will stay when we get there. I just left my TA a msg to see if she can find anywhere at Disney, or we will have to scour nearby hotels.

I'm happy we will start our official first Disney day more rested, but I'm definitely a bit stressed at the moment and just hoping the front doesn't move in faster than anticipated so we can get out!
__________________
Me, DH, DD(11), DS(9), DS(6)

1985 Tokyo Disneyland (Hilton Tokyo Bay)
Mar 2007 Pop Century
Mar 2009 Pop Century
Mar 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
Mar 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Feb-Mar 2013 Beach Club
Feb-Mar 2014 Pop Century
BusyMom2Three is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #3669
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,615

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMom2Three View Post
Oh my, oh my, oh my!

It looks like we are leaving early tomorrow morning instead of Wed morning. We had to change our flight because the airline said our Wed flight would be delayed or canceled altogether due to the blizzard we are expecting to hit tomorrow evening.

I am not even packed and we leave our house around 4:30 am tomorrow. I don't even know yet where we will stay when we get there. I just left my TA a msg to see if she can find anywhere at Disney, or we will have to scour nearby hotels.

I'm happy we will start our official first Disney day more rested, but I'm definitely a bit stressed at the moment and just hoping the front doesn't move in faster than anticipated so we can get out!
Good luck on your trip, and safe travels!
natebenma is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #3670
starousse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,230

Can you please add me to the Be Our Guest list. We'll be staying at the BC May 23-31. Can't wait!
starousse is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #3671
disneydee6
DIS Veteran
 
disneydee6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,306

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
Exciting news! Our Dis friend Brenda (emmysmommy) and her daughter Emily were upgraded from their YC CL room to the Admiral's Suite!! There's a picture on page 175 of the Coming To You Live dining thread in the Restaurants forum and I'm sure she'll be posting some more updates throughout her trip. Yay Brenda!
Ah! I am in envy of such pixie dust!! They must be so thrilled! How exciting.
__________________
Follow me on Instragram @Daniellepizzelle, Love following fellow DIS Instagrammers!
disneydee6 is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #3672
ella6599
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Central IL
Posts: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMom2Three View Post
Oh my, oh my, oh my!

It looks like we are leaving early tomorrow morning instead of Wed morning. We had to change our flight because the airline said our Wed flight would be delayed or canceled altogether due to the blizzard we are expecting to hit tomorrow evening.

I am not even packed and we leave our house around 4:30 am tomorrow. I don't even know yet where we will stay when we get there. I just left my TA a msg to see if she can find anywhere at Disney, or we will have to scour nearby hotels.

I'm happy we will start our official first Disney day more rested, but I'm definitely a bit stressed at the moment and just hoping the front doesn't move in faster than anticipated so we can get out!
Wow! That's exciting, and super stressful all in one! Safe travels!
__________________
~Eleanor
ella6599 is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #3673
mademluc
Mouseketeer
 
mademluc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 136

So, it all started with 5 days at BWI CL to celebrate the graduation and 5 days leading up to it at the Dolphin, regular room to save some money. The splurge was the BWI and that's all we needed. Then, we thought, too cramped with the rollaway bed in a Dolphin regular room, we'll pay a little more and get a deluxe alcove room. Then, when we added up the resort fee, parking fee, taxes, etc we decided for just a little more we could stay at BC/YC standard view. From there, just a few dollars more gets you YC GV so we booked that. Then, that meal plan calculator wandered into my thoughts and there I was running numbers and convincing the DH that CL SAVES money!!!!!! So, ta da, we're YC CL with (and no more upgrades!) standard view.
I can't think of a request to attach to the reservation. Is there a location that has less of a parking lot view than another location? Oh, and NinjaMom, I blame you entirely for the whole sordid affair.
__________________
Me, DH, DD age 17, DD age 16, DD age 16, and Charlie age 3
1971-Contemporary, 1973-1984~25 day visits, 1994-Grand Floridian, 2001-Polynesian CL, 2003-Grand Floridian, 2007-Polynesian CL, 2009-Boardwalk Inn CL/POR, 2012-Marching Band ASMu

mademluc is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #3674
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,615

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Can you please add me to the Be Our Guest list. We'll be staying at the BC May 23-31. Can't wait!
I'd love to add you to the list!



Quote:
Originally Posted by mademluc View Post
So, it all started with 5 days at BWI CL to celebrate the graduation and 5 days leading up to it at the Dolphin, regular room to save some money. The splurge was the BWI and that's all we needed. Then, we thought, too cramped with the rollaway bed in a Dolphin regular room, we'll pay a little more and get a deluxe alcove room. Then, when we added up the resort fee, parking fee, taxes, etc we decided for just a little more we could stay at BC/YC standard view. From there, just a few dollars more gets you YC GV so we booked that. Then, that meal plan calculator wandered into my thoughts and there I was running numbers and convincing the DH that CL SAVES money!!!!!! So, ta da, we're YC CL with (and no more upgrades!) standard view.
I can't think of a request to attach to the reservation. Is there a location that has less of a parking lot view than another location? Oh, and NinjaMom, I blame you entirely for the whole sordid affair.
Sounds like a rocking trip!

I'll add the changes to your listing.

That Ninja Mom is a bad influence on a lot of us!!!
natebenma is offline  
Old 02-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #3675
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,615

Speaking of being a bad influence, our friend has been taking her Sunken Treasure for walks around the Beach and Yacht Club.





Some people really take their obsession with this drink a bit far!

.
natebenma is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: