Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #3631
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
I have a Disney question that's from BC/YC. On some of the other resort forums I've seen people say that they buy 2 day tickets prior to arrival & then upgrade when they arrive to 4,5,6, etc days when they arrive. I don't understand this, is there a discount or bonus by increasing ticket days when you arrive? We've always had all our tickets paid with our package for total days we need before we arrived. Thank you Disney experts in advance!
They have most likely booked packages, which require payment in full 45 days ahead of time. They probably didn't want to pay all of the costs that early. This would be something people might do when adding the dining plan, since I believe it requires a ticket purchase.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 02-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #3632
mistysue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Okay. Please note this will be my first visit to the BC so I am not an expert...but is that the "Kitchen Sink" that they have in the new Visit Florida commercial titled "Must Be the Sunshine"?

It's not a round sink - it's rectangular, but it is filled with ice cream! I'm sorry but I can't find the video, nor any photo clips from the commercial. They are playing like crazy in the Chicago market!
When we went last fall our kitchen sink didn't look anything like that... it looked much better than that one.
That could be some earlier incarnation or something. I hope it's not a new one.

I like vacations.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #3633
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
They have most likely booked packages, which require payment in full 45 days ahead of time. They probably didn't want to pay all of the costs that early. This would be something people might do when adding the dining plan, since I believe it requires a ticket purchase.
Thanks Wood Nymph! I was so confused! I was hoping there was a good deal I was unaware of!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #3634
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistysue View Post
When we went last fall our kitchen sink didn't look anything like that... it looked much better than that one.
That could be some earlier incarnation or something. I hope it's not a new one.
I think they were just trying to utilize the concept. I've looked at photos online and I agree the original looks much better!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 02-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #3635
SpartansFan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
I have a question about the BC/YC room safes. I've seen some pictures of the safe that shows a really narrow safe that has a metal key. Did they replace these with ones that have a combination you can enter? Carrying around a metal key is not ideal, and I'd worry about losing it. Can someone enlighten me?
I just returned from the Beach Club today, so this is very fresh to me. Mind you, we stayed in a Deluxe Room, Club level, so I can't speak for the typical BC room, but the in-room safe is exactly as you described. The size made it useless to us as we were hoping to store our iPads and they were too large for the safe. Additionally, the safe does have a key closure, rather than a combination which wasn't ideal to us either. I'm hoping that the safes will eventually be switched out because they are just archaic and inconvenient.

With that said, our stay was amazing and the resort overall is just a joy to visit. My kids were so sad to leave and I'm already feeling like I need to go back sooner rather than later.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #3636
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.

First Disney visit!!! Staying at The Beach Club!!! October 30th-November 5th celebrating my birthday!!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #3637
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
First Disney visit!!! Staying at The Beach Club!!! October 30th-November 5th celebrating my birthday!!
Congrats! The BC will be an amazing first experience at Disney!

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #3638
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartansFan

I just returned from the Beach Club today, so this is very fresh to me. Mind you, we stayed in a Deluxe Room, Club level, so I can't speak for the typical BC room, but the in-room safe is exactly as you described. The size made it useless to us as we were hoping to store our iPads and they were too large for the safe. Additionally, the safe does have a key closure, rather than a combination which wasn't ideal to us either. I'm hoping that the safes will eventually be switched out because they are just archaic and inconvenient.

With that said, our stay was amazing and the resort overall is just a joy to visit. My kids were so sad to leave and I'm already feeling like I need to go back sooner rather than later.
I'm surprised your iPad didn't fit in the safe. I was able to get two iPads (1st gen) 3 iPods and a wallet in our safe in July. The iPads fit if they were turned sideways. I think I may have even fit a kindle in there too. Maybe different rooms have different sized safes?

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 02-25-2013, 01:59 AM   #3639
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
I'm home!! Had a great time at Disney! I wasn't at the YC/BC this time... I was at SSR and had a good time! Thank you to all who wished me a safe and fun trip!!!

Welcome back.. I'm a bit late, but I just returned home today!

~Nannette
Welcome back
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
So true!! We just returned from a 9-day trip earlier this month, and loved our slow days in the Epcot resort area! One morning, we went over to DHS for a few last ToT rides and then spent the rest of the day relaxing at SAB and on the SEA RACERS at the YC marina. Soon, you will all tire of me raving about those sea racers, but for now, I just have to put in another plug. It was my husband's idea in the first place, and while I was timing the walk from Picabu to YC, I discovered he had rented boats. Our 13-year-old could drive and loved it. Our 12-year-old was too short to drive, and was a little scared riding with his older brother, but gave it a big thumbs up in the end. I didn't think I would really want to drive, but I loved it (and hit zero friendship boats while doing so - yay!) Our 6-year-old was a happy passenger. So between SAB, shopping, eating, renting sea racers, enjoying the CL lounge - wonderful day!
Definitely sounds like a fun way to spend a day
Old 02-25-2013, 05:23 AM   #3640
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell.of.the.ball View Post
Heading down there for my first stay. Now I can cross another resort of my list.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1. Which resort- BC/YC or BCV?

Where else have you stayed? We will all be interested in hearing your comparisons to the other resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post

I'll add you to the list!

Celebrating your birthday with your first trip to Disney is an awesome idea! Make sure you ask for a birthday button (they still have the birthday buttons, right? Or are they all generic "Celebrate" ones now???)

Old 02-25-2013, 05:23 AM   #3641
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewissy View Post
Hi All!

Quick question - are ADRs necessary to sitdown at Beaches & Cream?

We're considering it for a lunch in September (before Food & Wine).

The reason I ask is I REALLY dislike having to make ADRs, but I know they are a necessary evil. I'd like one sit down a day and was hoping I could "plan" for Beaches and Cream on a day where we want to have flexibility. Thanks!
Another tip. We try to time our visits to B&C for the 11am opening (usually on arrival day). That way we walk right in and have had the place to ourselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
Also a question, what's the difference between YC CL standard and GV? Previously we've always been standard, overlooking the front entrance, so I'm curious as to where we will be this time since I booked as GV. Do we have a chance for a gazebo view? Maybe a partially obstructed lake view? It was only an extra $5 per night so I figured it was worth the chance of maybe getting something better. Even though I love the room locations of standard because they are so close to the lounge.

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm going to go read pages and try to catch up!
Definitely add gazebo view. There are a lot of these rooms and in my opinion some of the best GV rooms at any resort.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:02 AM   #3642
jemh628
Mouseketeer

I am hoping the lack of responses to my WV question is because it got lost in the shuffle and not because WV are undesirable. I noticed they are very rarely talked about and am now worried about their locations or that no one seems to voluntarily choose them. Any requests suggestions would be welcome.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #3643
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Bumping up a few things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post

If we stick with our YC/BC split stay, what happens with our tix? YC is first so the tickets are on that reservation. So on day 4 when we move over to BC will I have to carry around the old KTTW cards (for tix) AND the new ones (for charging and room entry)? I'm so undecided. Only other option is do arrival night somewhere and check in at BC the first morning since BC isn't avail for arrival night. Either way we won't be able to stay put for the whole 8 nights at one resort.
I haven't done a split stay, so I'm not sure how this is handled, but I bet there are others out there who know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemh628 View Post
So we are getting close to our 60 day online checkin window and I started thinking about room requests and realized I have no idea about what to do. After all the lurking and reading of the first page, I still am not sure if there is a good request to make, so I am appealing to all of the wonderful people on this thread for suggestions. We have waterview, as SV and GV were not available and I do know we do not want a daybed because we will have a pack n play for DD. We will be there for nine nights. Does anyone have suggestions? Favorite WV room? Area to avoid? Or am I really concerned about nothing? Thank you in advance for any tips or suggestions.
You're at BC, right? I would definitely request a full balcony! And if you have a preference between a lagoon view or pool view, you may want to add that.

For example: "Full balcony, please. Lagoon View if possible."

I know a few people have given information about the choices available on the 60 day checkin - check around pages 198 and 199 of this thread. When I have a chance I will add that to the page 1 checkin info.

ETA- You may also, or instead, add a location request to your reservation (this can be done now, and is not necessarily part of the online checkin process):

"Close to elevator"
"Close to lobby/transportation/Stormalong Bay"
"Close to EPCOT"

These would be based on the personal preferences of your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
Yes...our new dates are arrival on 5/17 and checking out on 5/27. Now that we have 2 extra days I would love some suggestions on things to do....other than visit the parks. I think we will need a day or two to just chill and relax ( we aren't young like most of you here on this board, our 10 grandchildren can verify that for you!)

Jan
I think I would take the opportunity to check out some of the other resorts- maybe take a tour of the Wilderness Lounge or Animal Kingdom Lodge on non-park days. Transportation between resorts can be lenghty, so I would treat myself to a taxi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
I have a question about the BC/YC room safes. I've seen some pictures of the safe that shows a really narrow safe that has a metal key. Did they replace these with ones that have a combination you can enter? Carrying around a metal key is not ideal, and I'd worry about losing it. Can someone enlighten me?
Here's the writeup from the FAQ-Other Useful Info post

Will it fit???

Does an ipad fit in the room safe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
I was able to fit two iPad's, a Kindle, a wallet, and a wallet size zippered pouch in our BC safe. Nothing got smooshed or broken. I was impressed with all I DID fit in there.

MsCoz2000 provided the photo of the safe.

Safe dimensions: coming

If there is anyone with an upcoming trip who would like to measure the safe and get back to me with dimensions, I'll post them.

Yes. I AM serious.

Last edited by natebenma; 02-25-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:12 AM   #3644
jemh628
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
Bumping up a few things!

You're at BC, right? I would definitely request a full balcony! And if you have a preference between a lagoon view or pool view, you may want to add that.

For example: "Full balcony, please. Lagoon View if possible."

I know a few people have given information about the choices available on the 60 day checkin - check around pages 198 and 199 of this thread. When I have a chance I will add that to the page 1 checkin info.

We are at BC, thank you for the response. I will definitely request the full balcony. I was thinking lagoon view might be a little less noisy than pool, which might come in handy with little one if she is napping. Thanks again!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:22 AM   #3645
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemh628 View Post
We are at BC, thank you for the response. I will definitely request the full balcony. I was thinking lagoon view might be a little less noisy than pool, which might come in handy with little one if she is napping. Thanks again!
One other thing- you do have a long stay, so it is important that you are happy with the room. If after a night or two in the room you find that it doesn't meet your needs for some reason (location or noise level)- I think it would be worth checking with the front desk to see if there is something else available that you could move to. It might be worth the switch. Just wanted to let you know that option is available.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: