Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #346
mlittig
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Hi guys,

As most of you know, when we returned from our super magical vacation last July we found out the bad news that my niece had terminal cancer. The dr. just told us that she may not last through Christmas. If you are so inclined please keep her family (and my family) in your prayers. She had so hoped to hang onto until May when her youngest dd graduates from college. I'm praying that she'll hold on through Christmas both for her sake, but also for her two daughters, her mom and my mother.

I always know my BC/YC family is with me in throught and prayers.
Thank you.l
Robyn, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 12/20/14 Christmas Magic 4/17/15 Pop Century
Old 12-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #347
GOOFY4DONALD
DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They were so proud they made it a Hidden Mickey!

As I have stated before we are planning on staying at the Beach Club. We are planning on splurging for club level. When I went allears the reviews are poor to mediocre. However the rev iews for Yacht Club are att 9's and 10's. Are they really that different?
WDW 2012 FW Cabins

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #348
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi guys,

As most of you know, when we returned from our super magical vacation last July we found out the bad news that my niece had terminal cancer. The dr. just told us that she may not last through Christmas. If you are so inclined please keep her family (and my family) in your prayers. She had so hoped to hang onto until May when her youngest dd graduates from college. I'm praying that she'll hold on through Christmas both for her sake, but also for her two daughters, her mom and my mother.

Thank you.l
Robyn, I am so sorry to hear your terrible news. Please know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 12-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #349
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFY4DONALD View Post
As I have stated before we are planning on staying at the Beach Club. We are planning on splurging for club level. When I went allears the reviews are poor to mediocre. However the rev iews for Yacht Club are att 9's and 10's. Are they really that different?
Same food ... comes from exact same kitchen. Same hours. Same managers. And sometimes same cast members.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #350
catho72
DIS Veteran

Ummmmm.....Ninja Mom is at the Beach Club right now and she's not keeping us updated! NM, you better be having a phenomenal trip right now!

In fact, I bet she's having a grand old time with her new pal Tom Collins! Make sure he's mixing those drinks properly, OK?

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 12-13-2012, 04:09 AM   #351
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi guys,

Thank you.l
Sosorry to hear your sad news-I will be thinking of you all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzelady View Post
Robyn,

I'm so sorry to hear and I will keep all of you in my prayers. I haven't had much time to chat on the boards in the past six months since my father died, but all of you provided a source of support and comfort for me and we will all do the same for you
I will also keep you in my thoughts. I know how hard it can be at holiday times when you've lost someone close to you.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:26 AM   #352
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One man's junk is another man's treasure. Everyone has good and / or bad experiences. Problem is that the rule is that if you have a bad experience you are likely to talk more about it than if you have a good experience. I always enjoy reading the good and bad about the places I'm staying then I make up my own mind based on the experience I have. If I'm staying BC because I want the proximity to Epcot and HS as well as SAB, I'll stay BC regardless of what other's have said. I just will temper my expectations somewhat. BC and YC are one big happy resort with similar casts and characters, only the ambiance is different. Have a great time planing your trip and let us know what you think after you've experienced it yourself.

By the way, did they mention they don't have phone books in the rooms at CL? If so, I can understand why you have a lower score over at BC. It's an old joke on this thread based on comments made by one person who believed he had a very bad experience at the BC CL.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #353
natebenma
DIS Veteran

My apologies for getting way behind in welcoming our new and returning friends to the thread!

(I had to use just one welcome because I had too many smilies in my original message)

Quote:
Originally Posted by debelfish View Post
I so happy to say that we are going back to the Beach Club June 20th through the 26th!! We were last there in 2008. BC is going to be the second half of a spilt stay with POR.
I can't wait to see Tena again and eat at Beaches and Cream.
I do have one quick question, has the BC switched to the new grapefruit shampoo and conditioner? I still buy the blue kind from h2o plus. I would love to get more small bottles. I've been known to refill them.
Oh and when wil the solarium go back to normal? I think that is my DH favorite part of the resort.
Elizabeth

Welcome!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Oh I would believe it!!! This year I picked up the shift during the party...so I get kudos for working AND avoid the drama

Ok Miss Dee...I have been on and off the Be Our Guest list for 2012....can't help I am a hopeless changer

BUT thanks to an awesome discount (since we need to rooms) the Pas family's annual Florida trip is booked

August 25th-Sept. 1st YC SV CL!!! Hopeful we will get our connecting rooms the kiddos will be 12,8,7,6 and 4 when we arrive!

It was hard to pick BC or YC but balconies were a factor, and we stayed YC CL just DH and I and we really loved the CMs at YC ...although I definitely plan on finding Teena if she is there and bringing some Chocolate Tastycakes!!!

I just know SAB will be a hit! My DD8 & 6 can play in the sand for HOURS!! I am a MK resort lover, but the monorail gets less appealing each visit...And it'll be a whole new vacation staying on the other side of the world

So my plan is to stalk the thread to prevent any further changing
Welcome back!

I'll add you to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRiley1985 View Post
I am just so excited. I have wanted to stay at the Beach Club for as long as I can remember and it is finally happening. Hubby and I will be celebrating our anniversary there July 6-11!!! Woo hoo
Welcome and Happy Anniversary!

You will be staying during the week we usually visit Disney/Florida. We love it!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstate70s View Post
Just booked Beach Club !st week of May! WooWoo!

Amommy21- Really appreciate your mini report. It's going to be our first major family vacation to WDW and its nice to get DLR vets perspective and experience, seems like you got alot done, ups and down good and not so good.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by castoral View Post
Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with one of the other resorts I was originally considering (since WL was one of them). I'm 99% sure we're going to upgrade to CL for our trip in February, so assuming we do, I'll take pics/post the menu for each day, assuming its not just totally random. We'll be there 8 nights so hopefully I pick up on some type of pattern. If not, no biggie...just thought it would be nice to know.
Welcome!

I'll add you to the list!

We have a few of our friends who recently returned from CL stays, so I am hoping we will see some new pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekmom View Post
I posted this on the dining reservations sub-board but have gotten no responses, so I thought I'd try here.

We'll be staying at YC March 1 - 9. Most mornings we'll probably just grab and go for breakfast but if we decide we feel like a more substantial meal will it be a problem to walk into Captain's Grille without an ADR?

How about at dinner time? Does it get booked up?

Thanks! We're so excited about our first ever deluxe stay!
Welcome!

I'll add you to the list

Quote:
I thought I would pop in and say hi. After 3 trips in the Magic Kingdom Area we wanted to try something new (plus our last trip was a not so magical stay). We had dinner at Cape May and fell in love with the Beach Club (mainly the location). So we have an Oct 2014 trip planned. I will be on this board quite a bit.
Welcome!

Glad to have you here! I do have a list started for 2014 so I will add you to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
This resort changer is finally ready to be added to the Be Our Guest list!

We will be staying 1/2-1/7 YC CL after 3 nights at the Poly.

Teena - My boys are probably going to want to pin trade with you again. I hope we can see you!

Thanks again for this great thread Natebenma Even though I rarely post, I always read!
Welcome!

I'm putting you on the list! Sounds like a fantastic trip!

Old 12-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #354
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Be Our Guest List

When you have a moment, could you please take a peek at the Guest List to make sure I have your information listed correctly?

Thanks!

Dee

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Old 12-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #355
ekmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
When you have a moment, could you please take a peek at the Guest List to make sure I have your information listed correctly?

Thanks!

Dee

You missed adding me. March 1 - 9 at YC. Thanks!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #356
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome back!

Thanks Dee!!! SO excited..and surprisingly settled

Quote:

Thanks!

Dee

Mine is ALL GOOD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Yay! Am I the only one that loves the new door locks? So easy especially when your hands are full. I was a bit surprised that there was no explanation at checkin though.

Another fan of breakfast at Captain's Grille.
The cool thing is at WL ...my hubs opened the door without even taking it out of his wallet

We will do Captain's Grille breakfast!!! I must get them Mickey waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
This resort changer is finally ready to be added to the Be Our Guest list!

We will be staying 1/2-1/7 YC CL after 3 nights at the Poly.

Quote:
Hi guys,

Thank you.l
Praying for a Christmas Miracle for you and your family!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #357
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekmom View Post
You missed adding me. March 1 - 9 at YC. Thanks!
Sorry about that!

Just added your info.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #358
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi guys,

Thank you.l
my thoughts and prayers are with your family. So sorry.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 12-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #359
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

Anyone get to try use the new RFID ticket system to get in the parks today?
What are your thoughts? Did you use your room key to get into the parks or a separate ticket?
Old 12-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #360
natebenma
DIS Veteran

What is that floating in SAB???

Phew, It's just Flat Ben!

The pictures of Flat Ben from Steph H's trip to the Yacht Club at the beginning of the month have been added to Flat Ben's trip report

Click on the link in my signature for the report, or here for the latest installment

FB with StephH

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: