Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #3571
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Well it looks like he had a fab time and I love his magic clothes which don't get wet in the pool
Old 02-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #3572
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
We're heading down to Florida again next month, stopping in Vero Beach and staying at the Kimpton. We're visiting Disney's Vero Beach Resort for lunch and to check it out. If any DVC members (or others interested in Vero) have photo or other mission requests, please let me know! We're AP holders traveling to Florida without plans to stop at WDW, but my husband has been a great sport on our many Disney trips, so no complaints. I always miss my missions when we're on non-Disney trips.
I have a picture request: of the beach. It's been quite a few years since I took DNeph down to do a turtle walk (btw awesome, we watched a turtle come up and lay her eggs and since he was the youngest in the tour, he got to name her - he named her with his recently deceased dad's initials as we watched her swim back into the sea under a full moon truly a night we will never forget!)
Anyway, back then the beach had such a sharp drop off from the resort, I've heard they've leveled it out.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #3573
Debrn
Mouseketeer

My daughter saw Dr. Today bad foot sprain they want her off it as much as possible for 2 wks. We are leaving for our trip in 2 days. I think I'll have to get her a wheelchair for our stay no way could she do crutches
Can't wait for our 1st YC stay
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10

Last edited by Debrn; 02-23-2013 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Added something
Old 02-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #3574
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Okay...I did it. With all this great information I have gotten from everyone I was beginning to feel that a 8 night stay would be too short for our first visit. I just got off the phone and I have extended our stay 2 more nights for a total 10 night stay. Now to go and make more dining reservations!!!!

BTW , I am thinking about spending one of my days at the Kennedy Space center. How easy is it to rent a car for a day. Is this something I can ask the BC IPO to do? Has anyone here had experience doing that?

Thanks everyone.

Jan

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 02-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #3575
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
My daughter saw Dr. Today bad foot sprain they want her off it as much as possible for 2 wks. We are leaving for our trip in 2 days. I think I'll have to get her a wheelchair for our stay no way could she do crutches
That's a rotten cloud to have hanging over your vacation, but at least you will be at WDW, where life is always good. And, even with a foot sprain, SAB is always relaxing. A nice sit in the hot tub will feel great for her foot.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 02-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #3576
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
To all of you who have been sad that there haven't been any recent installments of the Adventures of Flat Ben
(Janetmom, I'm looking at YOU!)- here is Flat Ben's first international journey:

Flat Ben in Mexico

Oh yay! I wondered if he had a recent trip to Mexico.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 02-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #3577
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
I have a picture request: of the beach. It's been quite a few years since I took DNeph down to do a turtle walk (btw awesome, we watched a turtle come up and lay her eggs and since he was the youngest in the tour, he got to name her - he named her with his recently deceased dad's initials as we watched her swim back into the sea under a full moon truly a night we will never forget!)
Anyway, back then the beach had such a sharp drop off from the resort, I've heard they've leveled it out.

What a beautiful and touching story!

Not to steal missions from pixarmom (my main mission minion)- there are two current trip reports that have several chapters devoted to Vero and even to the turtle walks- glennbos "Sun, Sand, Savannah, something or other" and eandesmom "Coffee on the Verandah"- both are excellent trip reports , and more importantly, they have great chapter links in the table of contents.

ETA: links to TRs
glennbo: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954572
eandesmom: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2974060

bjakmom- you said the secret word of the day. "Turtle"

I can't contain myself. We snorkeled with turtles several times last week. Here are just a few of many pictures. Ben swimming with a turtle and the turtle I followed for 10 minutes on Thursday morning.

Last edited by natebenma; 02-24-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #3578
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
BTW , I am thinking about spending one of my days at the Kennedy Space center. How easy is it to rent a car for a day. Is this something I can ask the BC IPO to do? Has anyone here had experience doing that?

Thanks everyone.

Jan
It looks like you can rent a car at the Dolphin Resort. Here is a link:

http://www.swandolphin.com/aboutus/transportation.html

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 02-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #3579
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, no! I am so sorry to hear that! I hope you are able to manage a decent vacation.

I haven't personally rented a wheelchair, but there are a few companies that can deliver one to the resort. Here is the info I have, but would love if others can give you suggestions from personal experience:

Where can I rent a scooter, wheelchair or other mobility items during my stay?

www.KM-Rentals.com and Mobility Equipment Rentals both deliver to the resorts and both run about $125 weekly. KM-Rentals offers free delivery and pick-up ... not sure about Mobility Equipment Rentals.

Wheelchairs may also be provided free of charge to resort guests, subject to availability upon check-in.

A piece of advice about charging your scooter: Charge your scooter in your room. There are limited outlets outside the room, and if you leave the scooter to charge overnight, someone else may come along, unplug your scooter to use the outlet. The next morning, you will discover your scooter has not been charged.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #3580
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post

Thanks everyone.

Jan
No better place to spend 10 nights at WDW than an Epcot resort!!! As for the car rental, we've used the Dolphin location before and it's super easy. Couldn't be better - and just a 10 minute walk away! To get the best rate, I'd just go directly to the website and book.

Quote:
Not to steal missions from pixarmom (my main mission minion)- there are two current trip reports that have several chapters devoted to Vero and even to the turtle walks- glennbos "Sun, Sand, Savannah, something or other" and eandesmom "Coffee on the Verandah"- both are excellent trip reports , and more importantly, they have great chapter links in the table of contents.
The turtles were one of the highlights of our Barcelo stay a few years ago - our oldest son loved them! Great photos!

And I've read Cynthia's great report - will check out the other one. And you know, Gru did turn me into an actual minion on the Despicable Me ride at the park-which-shall-not-be-named earlier this month! (Although at the end, he turned me back into myself, much to the relief of our youngest, who thought we would all really turn into minions and was temporarily upset!)
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #3581
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh, no! I am so sorry to hear that! I hope you are able to manage a decent vacation.

I haven't personally rented a wheelchair, but there are a few companies that can deliver one to the resort. Here is the info I have, but would love if others can give you suggestions from personal experience:

Where can I rent a scooter, wheelchair or other mobility items during my stay?

www.KM-Rentals.com and Mobility Equipment Rentals both deliver to the resorts and both run about $125 weekly. KM-Rentals offers free delivery and pick-up ... not sure about Mobility Equipment Rentals.

Wheelchairs may also be provided free of charge to resort guests, subject to availability upon check-in.

A piece of advice about charging your scooter: Charge your scooter in your room. There are limited outlets outside the room, and if you leave the scooter to charge overnight, someone else may come along, unplug your scooter to use the outlet. The next morning, you will discover your scooter has not been charged.

Wow snorkeling with turtles? Awesome, hope you had a great time.
I called YC IPO they said just see Bell services when we check in. WC free of charge they put a 250 $ hold on credit card in case you don't return it.
I don't want the hassle of a scooter. Thanks for info.
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 02-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #3582
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What a bummer! Hopefully she will be feeling better really quickly. If you do wind up renting a scooter I hope you trick it out with airbrushed flames and LED lights and a truck horn for the slackers who are clogging the paths

Quote:
I can't contain myself. We snorkeled with turtles several times last week. Here are just a few of many pictures. Ben swimming with a turtle and the turtle I followed for 10 minutes on Thursday morning.
I want you to know that Turtle got a restraining order filed against you two for stalking!

~NM

PS. Janet was into the chocolate too! I saw her!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #3583
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post

I'm not so sure about that... That link was never fixed was it??
~NM
PS. Leaving Sunday for POFQ!
What? This? Piece of cake.

Yacht.Beach.Club.Itnerary.Planning@disneyworld.com

Have fun at WDW!

(PS...Don't use my link. It won't work)

Old 02-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #3584
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I want you to know that Turtle got a restraining order filed against you two for stalking!

Quote:

PS. Janet was into the chocolate too! I saw her!!!
Thanks for keeping an eye on things while I was away. They may have gotten into my chocolate stash, but fortunately they didn't find the coffee. That would have been tragic!

And it Looks like you lit a fire under MickeyT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
What? This? Piece of cake.

Yacht.Beach.Club.Itnerary.Planning@disneyworld.com

Have fun at WDW!

(PS...Don't use my link. It won't work)
Never mind!

Have a fantastic trip!!! May the force be with you! I know that's the next trip, but just in case you need it for this one too. Can't wait to hear about it.

Last edited by natebenma; 02-23-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #3585
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

WOW natebenma!!! Awesome turtle pics! Thanks!
I had a turtle surface about 8 ft from me near Molokini off Maui a couple of years ago - incredible experience!! I didn't get much of a pic, though, because I was so panicked trying to back up - the dive leader kept telling us not to get too close! LOL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: