Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #3556
Jellomaker
Earning My Ears

Toasters!

Is there a toaster which would be available for us to use in the morning? I am assuming there is not one in the standard rooms. We will be at Beach Club in 7 weeks!!!!!!! YAY!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #3557
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Welcome Back, Dee! I visited your "other board" while you were at Barcelo - as I mentioned earlier, it's in the running for us again next year. So I enjoyed my Barcelo research while you enjoyed Barcelo! Can't wait to hear more details!

Wanted to add a plug for the new Hurricane Hanna's refill mug station - love it!!! So much better than the old HH. Instead of locating the station between the CS and the bar, it has a new convenient location in an alcove near the condiments. After staying at many resorts and refilling many mugs, I'd rate the new HH refill station as my favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie43901 View Post
I found out today that all standard rooms are booked during our stay (Oct 19-26). Pool and lagoon view was available but for an additional 500ish dollars. We switched our stay to the Yacht club. I know they are pretty similar, but to be honest, I am bummed! The beach club feels like home and I've been looking forward to going back there since we have left! So my question is, is there any chance that there will be some cancellations and a room would open up if I keep on calling back and checking? Or am I dreaming? Any advice, opinions, is much welcome! Thanks!
Of course, I agree with Robyn and Teena that you should keep checking back for availability at BC! But if it doesn't work out, I LOVED YC. The guaranteed full balcony, proximity to the boat launch and to the Dolphin dining options, easy access to the zero depth sandy area at SAB - all great. I did miss proximity to BC Marketplace, but it only takes a few minutes to get there. And I really loved the room decor at YC - maybe not as much as BC, but much more than I expected. They truly are sister resorts and we didn't feel far away from BC when we stayed at YC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Hi,

I'm getting ready to pay my vacation in full today , but just keep questioning myself if I wanna change my room from a garden view to a pool/water view. Can anyone who has stayed in both tell me if it's worth the extra couple hundred dollars to do so? Thanks so much!
We've stayed in both. I really like the GV category at BC and would not pay for the water view. GV is a nice in-between category and while some GV views are better than others, I've always been really happy with our garden view rooms. The problem with paying for a water view at BC is that it could mean many different things. Many of them are not direct water views, and some overlook the pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom75 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new here and have been reading all the previous posts for the past couple hours. But, I have a couple questions that I haven't seen answered (although I haven't gotten through all of the posts!). I think I read that the playground by Stormalong Bay is no longer there. Is there another playground somewhere on the property. With a 2 and 6 year old, we like our playgrounds for some down time.
As others have mentioned, the playground at SAB is no longer there. It was on my photo mission list a couple years ago and when I went to take a photo, it was gone! I asked a CM at SAB and he said they removed it to make more room for lounge chairs and there are no plans to replace it.

I just wanted to put in a plug for the swan/dolphin playground - our youngest son LOVES it and I like the nice view available to parents while little ones play there. BWI also has a playground, and he likes that one, but the setting is less relaxing and it's in a small area that becomes relatively crowded quickly.

I commented on a playground thread once about playground options, and other posters believed that playgrounds are for the exclusive use of each resorts' guests, but I'm not sure. We've only used the Dolphin playground when staying at Dolphin and BWI when staying at BWI, so I haven't noticed.

Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #3558
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
If anyone is interested I just posted a bunch of BC pics on my TR:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post47600962
Ooooh going to check it out.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 02-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #3559
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Another Beach - Vero!

We're heading down to Florida again next month, stopping in Vero Beach and staying at the Kimpton. We're visiting Disney's Vero Beach Resort for lunch and to check it out. If any DVC members (or others interested in Vero) have photo or other mission requests, please let me know! We're AP holders traveling to Florida without plans to stop at WDW, but my husband has been a great sport on our many Disney trips, so no complaints. I always miss my missions when we're on non-Disney trips.
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

Old 02-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #3560
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
If anyone is interested I just posted a bunch of BC pics on my TR:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post47600962
Love it - thank you!!! That's it - you've encouraged me to begin planning an imaginary trip before our APs expire in April.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #3561
acc9242
Earning My Ears

DisneyFoodBlog.com had a nice little write up about the breakfast buffet at Captains Grille. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...t-club-resort/

BWI/BC Oct 2013
Flower & Garden offsite 2012
Valentines Day at Poly/POFQ 2011
Christmas at WL 2009
Offsite 1993

Old 02-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #3562
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellomaker
Is there a toaster which would be available for us to use in the morning? I am assuming there is not one in the standard rooms. We will be at Beach Club in 7 weeks!!!!!!! YAY!
I think there is a toaster at the Marketplace. My husband would use it to toast his bagels in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 02-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #3563
JulieT3
Earning My Ears

Only one more week for me! Dancing banana, dancing banana, dancing banana (hmmm, doesn't quite convey my excitement when I have to type it out, but I'm on the iPad, so that's the best I can do)!
My trip has become more of a family reunion than I had originally planned. We started out bringing my aunt with us - she has a pretty tough life, so we like to treat her to a break from the real world whenever we can. Now my sister and nephew are tagging along as well. They just decided to come last week and are staying at Shades of Green (the BC was full by the time they decided to join us). Anyway, since my sister won't have use of the magical express, she will be renting a car. Does anyone know if guests of BC guest can get any type of parking pass if they are visiting BC guests one day? We are planning on at least one dinner at Beaches and Cream (i have been dreaming of the day I would finally have enough people with me to finish the kitchen sink - my husband and i can put down some ice cream, but my 2 and 7 year-olds just don't pull their weight), and I would love for them to be able to drive over.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #3564
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3
Only one more week for me! Dancing banana, dancing banana, dancing banana (hmmm, doesn't quite convey my excitement when I have to type it out, but I'm on the iPad, so that's the best I can do)!
My trip has become more of a family reunion than I had originally planned. We started out bringing my aunt with us - she has a pretty tough life, so we like to treat her to a break from the real world whenever we can. Now my sister and nephew are tagging along as well. They just decided to come last week and are staying at Shades of Green (the BC was full by the time they decided to join us). Anyway, since my sister won't have use of the magical express, she will be renting a car. Does anyone know if guests of BC guest can get any type of parking pass if they are visiting BC guests one day? We are planning on at least one dinner at Beaches and Cream (i have been dreaming of the day I would finally have enough people with me to finish the kitchen sink - my husband and i can put down some ice cream, but my 2 and 7 year-olds just don't pull their weight), and I would love for them to be able to drive over.
My sisters were staying at CBR and they were able to drive over to see us at the BCV'S.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 02-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #3565
Karebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acc9242 View Post
DisneyFoodBlog.com had a nice little write up about the breakfast buffet at Captains Grille. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...t-club-resort/
The breakfast buffet looks great--thanks for posting! Does anybody know if there is a kids price on the buffet? It looks like it is the same price for everyone....

Old 02-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #3566
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellomaker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I think there is a toaster at the Marketplace. My husband would use it to toast his bagels in the morning.

Yes! That's a toaster in the corner next to the microwave:

I took this photo in October 2012, and it's been there for a while, so I bet it will stick around through your stay!

Old 02-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #3567
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
I always carry on meds and valuables, but not a change of clothing. I will be sure and add a clothing change to my carry on.

I know we will be hungry when we arrive, but since we won't have park tickets for that day I wasn't sure what to do about dinner. Since Cape May took reservations I thought I would go with that. Maybe I should rethink that. Any other suggestions for dinner on arrival night?

Thanks for your help.

Jan
Another vote here for the Captains Grille! It's got great food and a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere, just the thing to sooth your nerves after a travel day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Dee - Welcome Back!

You were missed, although Mike did a stellar job!

Love that you travel with your own sunken treasure recipe!
I'm not so sure about that... That link was never fixed was it??

Mike was also running around peeping in all your 'List Maven' drawers. If you are missing any chocolate you might want to check Mike's pockets for Hershey Bars wrappers. We smelled chocolate on his breath every time he posted so your secret stash may be a little low. You know how those "list baby sitters" eat up all the good stuff when you are gone!

We did miss you and I'm happy to report there were no fights or snarky posts. Janet managed to contain herself (well almost!) and Nannette is off on a trip so that limits her ability to get in trouble (we hope!). There were a few posters who got caught in the liquor cabinet (jennyjinx3, 333disneymom, Scott MC and catho72) so we may be a little low on Sunkin Treasure ingredients! Next time be sure to lock the liquor cabinet because you know how we can get on this thread!

~NM
PS. Leaving Sunday for POFQ!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #3568
acc9242
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karebear View Post
The breakfast buffet looks great--thanks for posting! Does anybody know if there is a kids price on the buffet? It looks like it is the same price for everyone....
wdwinfo has it listed for 8.99. I also just got my disney visa benefits info in the mail today and if you use it, you get a 10% discount on breakfast and lunch.

BWI/BC Oct 2013
Flower & Garden offsite 2012
Valentines Day at Poly/POFQ 2011
Christmas at WL 2009
Offsite 1993

Old 02-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #3569
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post

We did miss you and I'm happy to report there were no fights or snarky posts. Janet managed to contain herself (well almost!) and Nannette is off on a trip so that limits her ability to get in trouble (we hope!). There were a few posters who got caught in the liquor cabinet (jennyjinx3, 333disneymom, Scott MC and catho72) so we may be a little low on Sunkin Treasure ingredients! Next time be sure to lock the liquor cabinet because you know how we can get on this thread!

~NM
PS. Leaving Sunday for POFQ!
Always stirring up trouble aren't you? You just can't leave well enough alone. Dee doesn't need to know everything that went on here while she was gone, and you don't need to be the official BC/YC tattle tale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Ninja Mom...you kill me.

That's all.

Sadly, when poeple like Scott encourage you, you just can't help yourself.

Scott - try not to encourage Ninja Mom in the future.

If anyone sees a spot of trouble POFQ next week, we know who will be having fun in the centre of it all!

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 02-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #3570
natebenma
DIS Veteran

To all of you who have been sad that there haven't been any recent installments of the Adventures of Flat Ben
(Janetmom, I'm looking at YOU!)- here is Flat Ben's first international journey:

Flat Ben in Mexico

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: