Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #331
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dreamin'Dad* View Post
Teena -

We had a shipping address issue with my daughters dress for her BBB/Princess breakfast. We just got home and found out the package did not get delivered.

Disney is shipping to the resort under the name Richter. Please notify those in receiving as it should be there in the next 2 days. We will be there Sunday.

Not expecting or holding you all accountable for delivery, just wanted to let someone know it should be coming.
Not much I can do with this since I don't know how it is being shipped (carrier). If it comes via United States Postal Service, it will go directly to our front desk's back office and then as soon as you check in, you can ask for it. If you don't ask for it, it will just be delivered by our runner to your room once you are in-housed. If it comes UPS or any other carrier, then it will go to our shipping department at the convention center (this is a third party). You will have to call after you are in-housed and ask them to deliver it. However, this is not Disney and they'll get it to you in their own good time. Personally, if it goes to our shipping department, I'd walk over to the convention center and pick it up myself.

You will need to track this package - hope you got a tracking number. It may be delivered to a place at Disney other than the Y&B and in that case, we'll need to know exactly where it was delivered so we can figure out where it is.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #332
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Will definitely be there that Sunday!!!
Yay!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #333
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Hi guys,

As most of you know, when we returned from our super magical vacation last July we found out the bad news that my niece had terminal cancer. The dr. just told us that she may not last through Christmas. If you are so inclined please keep her family (and my family) in your prayers. She had so hoped to hang onto until May when her youngest dd graduates from college. I'm praying that she'll hold on through Christmas both for her sake, but also for her two daughters, her mom and my mother.

I always know my BC/YC family is with me in throught and prayers.
Thank you.l

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 12-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #334
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Hi guys,

As most of you know, when we returned from our super magical vacation last July we found out the bad news that my niece had terminal cancer. The dr. just told us that she may not last through Christmas. If you are so inclined please keep her family (and my family) in your prayers. She had so hoped to hang onto until May when her youngest dd graduates from college. I'm praying that she'll hold on through Christmas both for her sake, but also for her two daughters, her mom and my mother.

Thank you.l
So sorry Robyn!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #335
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi guys,

Thank you.l
Robyn, I'm so sorry. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL and CBR
Old 12-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #336
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Hi guys,

Thank you.l
So sorry to hear this. Your niece and family are in my thoughts and prayers.

~Nannette
Old 12-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #337
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7
Hi guys,

Thank you.l
You and your family are certainly in our thoughts and prayers Robyn. As we all know this life can be hard at times. Take care. Mike

Old 12-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #338
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Robyn, your niece and entire family are in my prayers.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #339
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
It was late and I had flown in from the west coast when I first confronted the new door locks. W/ my carryon sitting next to me, traveling purse perched over my shoulder I valiantly tried to slide the KTTW card on each of the 4 sides of the new brown plastic 'lock.' Left side, right side, top side, bottom side nothing worked, no slot to slide the card in, then I noticed the little green light flashing while i was making my second pass @ finding the card slot, undoubtedly triggered by my fumbling as I tried to find the slot, so I turned the door handle and viola, I was in! Wave the card in front of the brown plastic doohickey above the door knob/handle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFY4DONALD View Post
This was me as well. I had 3 carryons and ended up dropping everything on the floor. My wonderful husband was laughing so hard I thought I would have to pick him up too.
Sounds as if I wasn't the only one who didn't know how exactly the new locks work. I do think it would be helpful if the CMs at checkin told us how the locks are operated. A kind CM explained the "touch the key to the Mickey head" technique after we had been there a day or two. My waves were all over the place until then!

Found this Utube which shows the lock and "touch."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crllk9BLl_Q
Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #340
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasec2 View Post
We will be at BC tonight! Can't wait!
Have a great trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFY4DONALD View Post
I thought I would pop in and say hi. After 3 trips in the Magic Kingdom Area we wanted to try something new (plus our last trip was a not so magical stay). We had dinner at Cape May and fell in love with the Beach Club (mainly the location). So we have an Oct 2014 trip planned. I will be on this board quite a bit.
You will love out beloved BC/YC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
It was late and I had flown in from the west coast when I first confronted the new door locks. W/ my carryon sitting next to me, traveling purse perched over my shoulder I valiantly tried to slide the KTTW card on each of the 4 sides of the new brown plastic 'lock.' Left side, right side, top side, bottom side nothing worked, no slot to slide the card in, then I noticed the little green light flashing while i was making my second pass @ finding the card slot, undoubtedly triggered by my fumbling as I tried to find the slot, so I turned the door handle and viola, I was in! Wave the card in front of the brown plastic doohickey above the door knob/handle.
Lol. I went right after they changed to the RFID system. I stood in front of my door for like 5 minutes trying to find the slot A housekeeper saw me struggling and gave a quite chuckle and showed me how it worked...
That was embarassing

Quote:
Hi guys,

Thank you.l
Robyn - your entire family in in my prayers

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 12-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #341
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi guys,

Thank you.l
Your whole family is in my prayers.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 12-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #342
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Robyn- my heart goes out to your niece and your family. I pray for peace and comfort for all of you. I'm so sorry.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #343
NEVERENOUGHWDW
Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Dance like nobody is watching!
If there was an Olympic event I'm sure I would leave with the "gold" poop medal

Location: Doesn't matter, my mind & body are usually in 2 different places...

Just came back from a week!!!! Great time and even sunny summer like weather.
We were at the Villas this week (last month the Inn) and just love the resort.

We were on the second floor over the quiet pool......2nd room in from the elevator which was nice with the baby and stroller.

Few little things...12/4 when we checked in the computers were down so we just had a temp. key...no big deal and Thursday no t.v. or internet for 13 hours. They were updating the cable system but again no big deal we were out all day.

Fantasy Land was a night mare as expected so this trip we spent very little time in the MK. The other parks were great! Tried the new restaurant in Mexico.
For anyone there or going before Christmas you MUST go to the Board Walk and try the peppermint chocolate cupcake

I lost our Photo Pass somewhere and panicked because it had our November pictures on it as well as this week. The Camera Center was able to recreate the card for us and they were all so sweet and helpful
Please take a picture of your card so if you misplace it it isn't a big deal.
Baby's 1st Santa photos were on there so we were thrilled to have it back

What people think of you is none of your business.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #344
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi guys,

Thank you.l
So sorry to hear this! I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best for your family.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 12-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #345
bzzelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi guys,

Thank you.l
Robyn,

I'm so sorry to hear and I will keep all of you in my prayers. I haven't had much time to chat on the boards in the past six months since my father died, but all of you provided a source of support and comfort for me and we will all do the same for you

Me DH DD14 DM
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: