Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #3421
ella6599
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72 View Post
So jealous of all the close countdowns....our trip is in 143 days. boo!

I mean, our trip is in only 143 days! Woo hoo!
I'm jealous, too...163 days for us! Last trip was a spring break surprise that we planned only 2 months out...triple digits is painful!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #3422
LoveMickeyMouse
Love taking my boys to see Mickey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella6599 View Post
I'm jealous, too...163 days for us! Last trip was a spring break surprise that we planned only 2 months out...triple digits is painful!

I agree, triple digits is painful!!! We are at 106 days until our first stay at BC! Hang in there. At least you have a trip to look forward to! That is how I get through the cold winter months.
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #3423
glovergirls
Mouseketeer

Heading to the airport, will be at the yacht club tonight!! Thanks everyone for all your help as we get ready to try a new resort. You have all been beyond wonderful )
Old 02-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #3424
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovergirls View Post
Heading to the airport, will be at the yacht club tonight!! Thanks everyone for all your help as we get ready to try a new resort. You have all been beyond wonderful )
Have fun and enjoy the YC!! I'm leaving at 6am tomorrow for the world!! Can't wait!

Safe Travels!!
~Nannette
Old 02-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #3425
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

My countdown to BCV is.... 27 DAYS!!!

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 02-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #3426
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL
Exactly one month, or 28 days for me! BCV here we come!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #3427
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Thanks much for the reminders about Stacey! I can picture her face and her super-excited voice - and our son is so excited about trip! (Although we may have to throw in an Atlantic City trip in the interim- he loves that place- I think his pre-school teachers are about ready to report me to GA b/c he talks about it a lot even though we only go once or twice per year).
Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #3428
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGhosts View Post
I've been lurking for a while now and am ready to be added to the Be Our Guest List!

83 Days till Yacht Club, May 14-22
Good job GGGhosts. Will be here before you know it!

Saved to the backup list. Dee will update page one when she returns.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #3429
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Exactly one month, or 28 days for me! BCV here we come!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Hmmm. I remembered we were arriving the same day, so I will go with 28 days, since that makes more sense (although 27 sounds better!). I was quoting the My Disney Experience website that says my countdown is 27 days.

Now I understand why it didn't let me start online check-in when my countdown hit 60 days - I had to wait for 59.

Did you make any room requests?

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 02-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #3430
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post

Now I understand why it didn't let me start online check-in when my countdown hit 60 days - I had to wait for 59.
Did you check in through MDE or on the DVC website? I haven't seen the familiar link on the DVC site and we're under 30 days now. Thanks.

Does anyone know if Periwigs has reopened?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #3431
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Our first trip is WDW is 86 days away!! Looks like several of us will be there at the same time.

I have only been to Florida once. What do I need to know about mid May weather? Will it be hot? Should I expect rain? In California I really don't drag out the shorts until it is above 80 degrees. Any packing suggestions would be appreciated. It will just be my DH and I.....he would wear shorts every day of the year if I would let him!!!

Jan

10 day stay May 2013 (BC)
Old 02-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #3432
LoveMickeyMouse

Okay, so I have to ask......I have been reading reviews of BC, hoping to get more information on the resort, and there are a lot of reviews that state that the BC is tired. People report that rooms are showing their age (wall paper peeling off walls, worn carpet, and toilets that were not working). I know that every resort will have both positive and negative reviews, but I am wondering if any of you have experienced these issues. Anyone?

I really appreciate everyone's information on this thread. I have learned a lot about the resort, and am looking forward to experiencing it myself.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #3433
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
Our first trip is WDW is 86 days away!! Looks like several of us will be there at the same time.

I have only been to Florida once. What do I need to know about mid May weather? Will it be hot? Should I expect rain? In California I really don't drag out the shorts until it is above 80 degrees. Any packing suggestions would be appreciated. It will just be my DH and I.....he would wear shorts every day of the year if I would let him!!!

Jan
Welcome Jan. May in Orlando is pretty warm. +80 is the norm. I am a charts and graph type person so this website gives you a better visual than I can paint with words.

https://weatherspark.com/averages/30...-United-States

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMickeyMouse View Post
Okay, so I have to ask......I have been reading reviews of BC, hoping to get more information on the resort, and there are a lot of reviews that state that the BC is tired. People report that rooms are showing their age (wall paper peeling off walls, worn carpet, and toilets that were not working). I know that every resort will have both positive and negative reviews, but I am wondering if any of you have experienced these issues. Anyone?

I really appreciate everyone's information on this thread. I have learned a lot about the resort, and am looking forward to experiencing it myself.
I never have. I know know others have had things go wrong and posted here in the past. I would never be so bold as to say these issues can not happen but I would say they would be the exception rather than the rule.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #3434
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catho72
So jealous of all the close countdowns....our trip is in 143 days. boo!

I mean, our trip is in only 143 days! Woo hoo!
I know. I have about 168 days. We usually go in Spring, so it's hard not to miss being there. I am glad that we have a trip to look forward to though, and once summer comes, it will be nice to actually go away then.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #3435
LoveMickeyMouse

Thanks for the response, MickeyT. I'm sure this can happen anywhere, but just wanted to see if it was a wide-spread issue.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: