Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #3331
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Good Morning MickeyT..

In the absence of Dee and since you are keeping the list.. please add me to the September list! My 7 month window was this morning... DH will be joining me for his FIRST trip to Disney World! I wanted to stay at the Boardwalk since he isn't much of a beach person, but enjoys the Coney Island boardwalk... but alas there were no studios available, so I was FORCED to book BCV!!!! I wait listed Boardwalk but I might just cancel that since I would rather be at BCV!

We will be at BCV 9/18-9/22

Now back to packing for Thursdays trip to Saratoga Springs Resort!!

Thank you!
~Nannette

Old 02-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #3332
DisneyDad in PA
Beach Club Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
Is anybody in MK right now? Watching Live with Kelly and Michael and they are at Disney all week!!
I'm not there but I was watching. Jon Cryer said he is staying at a resort where the pool has a sand bottom.
2008 Aug Poly
2009 Nov Poly
2010 July Beach Club
2011 July Hard Rock Hotel
2012 July Beach Club
2013 Aug Beach Club/Hard Rock Hotel

Me, DW, DS 16, DD 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #3333
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Good Morning MickeyT..

In the absence of Dee and since you are keeping the list.. please add me to the September list! My 7 month window was this morning... DH will be joining me for his FIRST trip to Disney World! I wanted to stay at the Boardwalk since he isn't much of a beach person, but enjoys the Coney Island boardwalk... but alas there were no studios available, so I was FORCED to book BCV!!!! I wait listed Boardwalk but I might just cancel that since I would rather be at BCV!

We will be at BCV 9/18-9/22

Now back to packing for Thursdays trip to Saratoga Springs Resort!!

Thank you!
~Nannette
Gotcha.. Trying to keep up for the keeper.
Sure hope your husband enjoys. And enjoy this trip. I'm sure it will be a blast!

Old 02-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #3334
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDad in PA View Post
I'm not there but I was watching. Jon Cryer said he is staying at a resort where the pool has a sand bottom.
I heard that & thought "well, we know where he's staying!". Michael said he has an alligator right outside his room-- BCV maybe?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #3335
mommakacie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
We have done the DP every time we have gone before, but we have children under 10 and we do lots of character meals. However, each year, the plan gets more expansive and I feel you have to really analyze how to "save" with the dining plan. Each increase makes it more difficult to do that. I will give people one more thing to consider - something not many people think about. What happens if one member or more becomes ill? You do not get reimbursed for missed meals and missing just one meal seriously IMO jeopardizes the value of the dining plan. In December, we had 4 members of our family ill throughout the week. We often just brought food back to the room for the healthy ones or sent only part of our crew to our ADRs. The last night, we had to order room service just to use up TS credits and we had CS credits left over. Had we not been on the meal plan, that would have been one less thing to worry about. I believe we are done with the dining plan, but each person has to do the research for their group as to whether it works for them.
I agree with you on this. Our last trip we had the dining plan and a stomach bug went through everyone in the family. I had to cancel one of our TS reservations and it was our last night there, so I didn't have an opportunity to make it up. We definitely lost out on that trip. We planning to go oop this time around.

10/04 - All Star Music, 04/06 - Pop Century
06/08 - All Star Movies, 12/10 - POFQ
02/12 - POR
04/13 - BC

Old 02-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #3336
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDad in PA

I heard the same thing! Yay Beach Club!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 02-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #3337
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakacie View Post
I agree with you on this. Our last trip we had the dining plan and a stomach bug went through everyone in the family. I had to cancel one of our TS reservations and it was our last night there, so I didn't have an opportunity to make it up. We definitely lost out on that trip. We planning to go oop this time around.
We had a similar issue on our last trip. It was free dining at least so I didn't really lose money, but I got very sick just 2 days into the trip. We had 1TS planned each day and had to cancel a couple and then I went along but was too sick to eat for a couple. We ended up scrambling to make new ADRs and use them up. Ended up using some TS as CS because we didn't have the time and I think we left with a few snack credits still unused.

We priced it out for this trip and we could probably save about $250 by not doing the dining plan and after our last experience I just don't want to risk wasting any of it when it's really mostly for convenience and not saving anything.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #3338
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Gotcha.. Trying to keep up for the keeper.
Sure hope your husband enjoys. And enjoy this trip. I'm sure it will be a blast!
Thanks Mike! I really hope it's all it is to me to him!! I did cancel the Boardwalk wait list because I really want to be a BC... We'll just walk over the the boardwalk same area same difference to me!!

I do hope this weekend is all I want it to be as well since I've never stayed at SSR!

~Nannette

Old 02-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #3339
mommakacie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
Is anybody in MK right now? Watching Live with Kelly and Michael and they are at Disney all week!!
Oh, I'm going to have to dvr them this week then. I love a chance to get to see any disney views when I'm sitting at home!!

10/04 - All Star Music, 04/06 - Pop Century
06/08 - All Star Movies, 12/10 - POFQ
02/12 - POR
04/13 - BC

Old 02-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #3340
nickymaria
Mouseketeer

Add me to the list!! Just booked our return to BCV for 12/1-7 2013. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE WDW at the holidays and so missed going this past year! So we have a great DVC owner who rents us her points and we're booked in a studio. Yippee!!!
04/1998 - CBR, 05/2006 - Off site, 11/2008 - SSR, 1/2010 - BCV, 12/2010 - AKL, 3/2011 - Dolphin, 11/2011 - CBR, 3/2012 - BLT & BWV, 10/2012 - AoA & WL, 2/2013 - Off site (boo!), 4/2013 Disneyland, 11/2013 - BCV, 3/2013 Cruised the Wonder!

No current ticker, but hoping for a 3/2105 Fantasy Cruise...
Old 02-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #3341
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep
I'm trying to avoid Emeldaitis

Add me to the list. April 18 - 27.

Also, I had read on another website that the Epcot Segway tours have been canceled. No word on the Ft. Wilderness tours.

Kim
CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
Old 02-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #3342
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakacie View Post
Oh, I'm going to have to dvr them this week then. I love a chance to get to see any disney views when I'm sitting at home!!
Me too !!! There a few from this thread that are there, right , maybe they will check in and confirm with some sightings

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 02-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #3343
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

If only in an effort to provide all of those staying at the resort with the latest in information... I called the Disney's Beach Club Villas contact number as listed on the Dis http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2823609

.... and I spoke with a CM who assured me that it was a public space and that all guests of the Yacht Club, Beach Club and Beach Club Villas could use that space.

I'm sure there are a ton of things we all think are true that turn out to have changed. It was good that the point was raised as to whether or not other guests staying at the resort would have access, as we now know the rules and we have a chance to follow them. That's what this thread is all about... Information.

~NM
Old 02-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #3344
nannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon View Post
Add me to the list. April 18 - 27.

Also, I had read on another website that the Epcot Segway tours have been canceled. No word on the Ft. Wilderness tours.

Kim

I actually have one booked for April and haven't been notified of any cancellations. I do know they do not offer the same Segway tour at epcot they used it offer... it's been revamped its called the Keep Moving Forward Epcot Segway Tour with breakfast. It started September 2012.

~Nannette

Last edited by nannette; 02-18-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #3345
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
If only in an effort to provide all of those staying at the resort with the latest in information... I called the Disney's Beach Club Villas contact number as listed on the Dis http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2823609

.... and I spoke with a CM who assured me that it was a public space and that all guests of the Yacht Club, Beach Club and Beach Club Villas could use that space.

I'm sure there are a ton of things we all think are true that turn out to have changed. It was good that the point was raised as to whether or not other guests staying at the resort would have access, as we now know the rules and we have a chance to follow them. That's what this thread is all about... Information.

~NM
Just wanted to say thanks NinjaMom for going out of your way as usual to be helpful to everyone here. I really appreciate the time you take to provide us all with up-to-date info
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: