Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #3316
Hopefully
DIS Veteran
 
Hopefully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Boston Area, MA
Posts: 8,932

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Hey Hopefully, '
First time I've heard this.
Thanks for letting me know. I too am a DVC owner at BCV''s and have never heard this. Is it posted in the villas? Is it somewhere in the deed? Is it in our paper we receive at checkin?
And that lead me to more questions, Does it include the pool? Are the Villa people allowed to use the Solarium? SAB?
Wow. Guess I need educating too.
Seems that I have been living in a mis-informed world. I apologize if I posted incorrect info - that is a pet peeve of mine.
I was told by the first guide we spoke with many years ago, that these spaces were exclusive to DVC owners. I also think that our first planning guide of years ago (remember when each resort was featured, and every villa had a floor plan?) stated such. But I don't have that document any more.
My belief was bolstered by the fact that Non DVCers can't use the Community Halls at the resorts (can they?), that CR guests can not use the pool at BLT, that the general public can not visit the Top of the World lounge, and indeed BLT access is key controlled. What about the pool at Kidani - can all AKL guests use it or is it also only for DVC members?
I do read my annual budget documents cover to cover and I know that "shared services" are things like Front Desk services, Concierge services, Security, Transportation etc. But if the Villa building needs a new roof, my membership fees pay for that. If the Villa building needs to be painted, my membership fees pay for that. If the Villa building needs new furniture, my membership fees pay for that. You get the idea. The Villa building costs are exclusive to DVC owners there. So it made sense to me, and I believed, the use of the Villa building was exclusive to DVC members.
Thanks
__________________

Last edited by Hopefully; 02-18-2013 at 06:35 AM.
Hopefully is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #3317
Hopefully
DIS Veteran
 
Hopefully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Boston Area, MA
Posts: 8,932

Sorry Double Post - I really am making a mess today :-)
__________________

Last edited by Hopefully; 02-18-2013 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Double Post
Hopefully is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-18-2013, 06:44 AM   #3318
AliceIn
DIS Veteran
 
AliceIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 1,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
My belief was bolstered by the fact that Non DVCers can't use the Community Halls at the resorts (can they?), that CR guests can not use the pool at BLT, that the general public can not visit the Top of the World lounge, and indeed BLT access is key controlled. What about the pool at Kidani - can all AKL guests use it or is it also only for DVC members?
I don't know about Community Halls, but that sounds like it is a members only area of the resort.

AKL guests can use all the pools at the resorts, including those at Kidani. The restaurant at Kidani is open to the general public as well. The VWL also allow WL resort guests to use the pool there.

BLT seems to have different rules.
__________________
Me, DH, DS 13, DS 10, DD 9



AliceIn is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 06:46 AM   #3319
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!
 
nannette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Big Apple
Posts: 1,385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
Sorry Double Post - I really am making a mess today :-)
I am a DVC owner at AK Kadani... I can tell you that there are people who stay there on a cash basis.... they would be allowed to use any parts of the resort including the pool. I hear what you are saying about the dues... I pay very high dues because there is a lot of upkeep to be done at the AK resort... Animals and such and yes that is part of the dues! The bottom line is until (and I hope this doesn't happen) Disney posts people to enforce whatever the rules are things won't change. The reality of it all is do we really know who should be in the "DVC only spaces" and who shouldn't when we are there? As long as they aren't causing trouble or being loud who cares if they sit there?!?! The only way to really control it is to have it completely DVC... where ALL areas of the DVC resort are card access only... That won't happen I hope!

Just my 2 cents! Now back to your regularly scheduled chat!!

~Nannette
__________________



nannette is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #3320
TeenaS
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 5,856

Everything at the BCV is open to ALL guests, not just members.
TeenaS is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 06:56 AM   #3321
Hopefully
DIS Veteran
 
Hopefully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Boston Area, MA
Posts: 8,932

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
I am a DVC owner at AK Kadani... I can tell you that there are people who stay there on a cash basis.... they would be allowed to use any parts of the resort including the pool. I hear what you are saying about the dues... I pay very high dues because there is a lot of upkeep to be done at the AK resort... Animals and such and yes that is part of the dues! The bottom line is until (and I hope this doesn't happen) Disney posts people to enforce whatever the rules are things won't change. The reality of it all is do we really know who should be in the "DVC only spaces" and who shouldn't when we are there? As long as they aren't causing trouble or being loud who cares if they sit there?!?! The only way to really control it is to have it completely DVC... where ALL areas of the DVC resort are card access only... That won't happen I hope!

Just my 2 cents! Now back to your regularly scheduled chat!!

~Nannette
I understand about cash paying guests having access to all facilities and well they should. And I agree as long as there isn't additional wear and tear due to use/abuse it isn't an issue. But if my OOP costs go up, that is a different issue for me.
Since BLT is the newest DVC, and it is key card controlled, this may indeed be the wave of the future of DVC. We will have to see what they do at the VGF.
__________________
Hopefully is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #3322
DannysMom
DIS Veteran
 
DannysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 2,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully

I understand about cash paying guests having access to all facilities and well they should. And I agree as long as there isn't additional wear and tear due to use/abuse it isn't an issue. But if my OOP costs go up, that is a different issue for me.
Since BLT is the newest DVC, and it is key card controlled, this may indeed be the wave of the future of DVC. We will have to see what they do at the VGF.
Another DVC-BCV owner here. I think the main issue at BLT that caused the BLT pool area to be key card access to those staying at BLT only was space. The BLT pool is small, not really even big enough to support BLT, but they had a space issue, not enough room to make a larger pool area.

I agree that I would not want ALL areas of DVC villas to be kept locked, and key card access only. I don't really care to vacation at a "compound." I truly hope that isn't the wave of the future.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
__________________
--Me! & DH ,- 10 YEARS OLD, mild CP, & a Disney fan & twins, & --4!
DVC BCV owners!
DannysMom is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #3323
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer
 
magicalmoments4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Holland, MI
Posts: 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakacie

I have no idea. It just seemed to make sense for us. We won't really need the mugs since we'll have the lounge. As far as dining choices, many of the places that I wanted to eat are not buffets, so my daughter and I should be able to share a meal and not be so wasteful. Seemed that saving money in some of those manners would help me justify the additional cost of CL. Since our kids are younger, it will be nice for my husband to step down the hall with them when they're ready and feed them while I'm still getting dressed, too!
Yep, I totally get that!! Thanks so much for insight and everybody for that matter CL won't happen for this trip, but I'm thinking the next one, definitely!!
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (8)




Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
magicalmoments4 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #3324
MickeyT
DIS Veteran
 
MickeyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Flopeye, SC
Posts: 1,676

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon View Post
Hi everyone, just booked a garden view room at the Yacht Club for the last full week of April. My flight in is late (at least for me) so I don't think I will get to the resort until after 8pm. Will my room be OK? I'm a little afraid I'll get stuck at the back end of beyond. I had a room once at the Beach Club that if you took a couple more steps you were in the Yacht Club. And the hike to the elevator was horrible. That long hike at the end of the day can seem like it takes forever. Just wanted a little reassurance. Thanks.
Be sure to add "Close to Elevators" as a request. That should help (and of course, not guarantee) keep you toward the center of the resort. I would not do online checkin and inquire about your room location at checkin. They can show you a map and if you do not like the location they will accomodate a change if possible. Hope this helps.

If you would like to be added to the guest list on page one give us your stay dates and Dee will gleefully add your name!
__________________
Over at our place, we're sure of just one thing: everybody in the world was once a child.

MickeyT is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #3325
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,691

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Everything at the BCV is open to ALL guests, not just members.
Thank you Teena!
__________________
TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #3326
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
I understand about cash paying guests having access to all facilities and well they should. And I agree as long as there isn't additional wear and tear due to use/abuse it isn't an issue. But if my OOP costs go up, that is a different issue for me.
Since BLT is the newest DVC, and it is key card controlled, this may indeed be the wave of the future of DVC. We will have to see what they do at the VGF.
I guess the "concern" over use/abuse could go both ways, hotel and vacation club.

Now back to happy Beach and Yacht Club Resort vacation planning.
__________________
TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #3327
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer
 
medicgirl177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Saratoga Springs. New York
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne

I guess the "concern" over use/abuse could go both ways, hotel and vacation club.

Now back to happy Beach and Yacht Club Resort vacation planning.
No one is plastering any walls with graffiti, so everyone needs to chill out. It's DISNEY for goodness sake!! Lol

Brighter happier note...my ticker is ticking away and I can't wait until May!! (HA I'm a poet!!) :0)
__________________
Me DH DD (12) , DS (7)



medicgirl177 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #3328
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,691

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
No one is plastering any walls with graffiti, so everyone needs to chill out. It's DISNEY for goodness sake!! Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Brighter happier note...my ticker is ticking away and I can't wait until May!! (HA I'm a poet!!) :0)
BBM.That was exactly the point that I was trying to make.
__________________
TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #3329
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,062

59 days away.....I am sitting here at work trying to decide on whether to do on line check in. IPO said to go for it, so......

My friend whose family is going with us just did hers...
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline  
Old 02-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #3330
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer
 
magicalmoments4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Holland, MI
Posts: 298

Is anybody in MK right now? Watching Live with Kelly and Michael and they are at Disney all week!!
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (8)




Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
magicalmoments4 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: