Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #3301
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say that we are only 60 DAYS away from our 1st YC CL stay!!!!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #3302
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon View Post
I'm a little afraid I'll get stuck at the back end of beyond. I had a room once at the Beach Club that if you took a couple more steps you were in the Yacht Club. And the hike to the elevator was horrible. That long hike at the end of the day can seem like it takes forever. Just wanted a little reassurance. Thanks.
I had a room like that once, too. It was at the end of the BC rooms. Let's hope that the odds are with you and you get something better this time.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #3303
mommakacie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
Teena - have a great trip to see your Princess!

I'm catching up on the boards, finally finished editing our 200+ photos from the photo pass and just ordered the cd. My proposed summer trip to WDW is not in the works any longer - our two weeks at Lake Winnipesaukee (did I spell that right?) is now THREE! in the summer for three lazy weeks, Ill take it! And then my Uncle is getting married at Hotel Hershey in August so looks like we are doing Hershey Park.

While I will miss my beloved WDW, I know we will be back in January for a land/sea combo so I will just have to wait out my time for sunken treasures and live vicariously through you good folk on this board

Looking forward to reading Dee's report!
Make sure to eat some lobster while you're there!!

10/04 - All Star Music, 04/06 - Pop Century
06/08 - All Star Movies, 12/10 - POFQ
02/12 - POR
04/13 - BC
Old 02-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #3304
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

We are thinking about staying at the Beach Club in 2014 for my 40th birthday. We are usually a value family so when my husband suggested the BC, I almost fainted. I am going to go back and read this whole thread. I am excited about the possibility of being able to walk to EPCOT and DHS. Thanks to everyone for providing all the information on this thread.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #3305
Rileyf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
There is a really great link with lots of pictures of the ale and compass breakfast offerings on page 1 in the dining section. Hth.

at airport.
Have a great week everybody
Thanks for this. It looks like there has been some upgrades to page 1 since the last time I read it a year or so ago. This will be our 4th stay at the resort in 2 years. I should be answering questions not asking them LOL.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #3306
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
I am still catching up after a week away.
Ninja Mom, this is the second or third time I have seen you give the advice to all to use the common areas inside the BCV building. These two areas are not available for the guests of the Beach Club, but for Villa guest only. As a DVC BCV owner, I pay many hundreds (over a thousand) dollars a year just in maintainence fees on my membership to, among other things, maintain these spaces. I understand that your husband discovered these rooms and enjoyed them. I agree that there is no one there to "throw him out". That doesn't make it right.
Everyone has the option to join DVC to enjoy DVC benefits. If you can not or choose not, please respect the spaces that are reserved for members only. I don't mean to be a PIA, but I pay a lot of money each and every year, whether I go or not, for the DVC benefits I have. I want to be able to enjoy the peace and quiet you describe, and that I pay for.
Thanks
Hey Hopefully, '
First time I've heard this.
Thanks for letting me know. I too am a DVC owner at BCV''s and have never heard this. Is it posted in the villas? Is it somewhere in the deed? Is it in our paper we receive at checkin?
And that lead me to more questions, Does it include the pool? Are the Villa people allowed to use the Solarium? SAB?
Wow. Guess I need educating too.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #3307
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWillowBay View Post
Beginning our vacation in October at AoA and then moving to YC for the final 4 days of our trip (Nov 7-10). I have stayed at BC 2x on solo trips before, but this time is for my dear DH to experience such a great resort. Only 254 days to go!! (Did I mention how excited I am!?! ) Just the HOPE of warmth and sunshine and beaches is a great thing on this wintery day just north of Pittsburgh (Go Pens!!) ! Thanks to all on this thread that help me be informed and encouraged to (im)patiently wait out the next 8 months
In true psuedo Dee style, I added you to the BOG list on page one, (She will officially add upon return)

Welcome!

Last edited by MickeyT; 02-18-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #3308
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I had a room like that once, too. It was at the end of the BC rooms. Let's hope that the odds are with you and you get something better this time.
We've had the farthest room on 4th floor of BC closest to YC & then we had farthest room on 4th floor of YC closest to BC! What's the likelihood of that? Both were so far from elevator!!

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 02-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #3309
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
Everyone has the option to join DVC to enjoy DVC benefits. If you can not or choose not, please respect the spaces that are reserved for members only. I don't mean to be a PIA, but I pay a lot of money each and every year, whether I go or not, for the DVC benefits I have. I want to be able to enjoy the peace and quiet you describe, and that I pay for.
Thanks
I don't think you are correct. Anyone can rent rooms through Disney on a cash basis for any DVC resort. All resorts are open to the public, and visitors are welcome.

Beach Club/Yacht Club Resort guests are allowed to use the pool at BCV, so it doesn't make sense to forbid them from other public areas. This link from the Disney resort site specifically states that Beach Club/Yacht Club guests may use all pools throughout the complex.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...h-club-resort/

Old 02-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #3310
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
I don't think you are correct. Anyone can rent rooms through Disney on a cash basis for any DVC resort. All resorts are open to the public, and visitors are welcome.

Beach Club/Yacht Club Resort guests are allowed to use the pool at BCV, so it doesn't make sense to forbid them from other public areas. This link from the Disney resort site specifically states that Beach Club/Yacht Club guests may use all pools throughout the complex.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...h-club-resort/
Agreed... These are public areas. Not only can members rent their points, but Disney themselves have a percentage of inventory that can be used for cash customers, just as stated above. Anyways, each time i walk by the area described, it's always empty, or at most, i've seen one or 2 people there.

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #3311
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
We are thinking about staying at the Beach Club in 2014 for my 40th birthday. We are usually a value family so when my husband suggested the BC, I almost fainted. I am going to go back and read this whole thread. I am excited about the possibility of being able to walk to EPCOT and DHS. Thanks to everyone for providing all the information on this thread.

Cool!! I will be 40 in 2014 also!!!!

Old 02-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #3312
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1
I just wanted to say that we are only 60 DAYS away from our 1st YC CL stay!!!!!!!
Yay!!! Tick tock!

Old 02-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #3313
acc9242
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
I know some of you are curious about where I am going. Perhaps a few of you are guessing that I am (or should be) going to rehab, after the posts from a couple of days ago.

Nope!

But I do have a startling confession to make. I have been cheating on you. I have been hanging around on another discussion board!!!

The Unofficial Barcelo Maya site is a lot like the DIS- vacation planning questions, trip reports, etc. however it is WAY smaller in scope than the DIS. As I hinted in a post, I am doing a Drink of the Day Countdown over there- posting photos from past trips.

Drink of the Day

The really ironic thing is that my husband and I dont drink that much. Really. Very rarely when we are home, and a little bit on vacation. Several of the drinks on my countdown are actually non-alcoholic versions ordered by the boys.

Anyway, I want to wish you all a wonderful week! Ill be checking back a couple of times before I go, but Ill probably be mostly lurking. Lots of last minute things to do.

MickeyT- The list is yours!

Adios, mi amigos

Dee

Have a fabulous trip! We stayed on the colonial side in 2006 and loved it!!! No complaints whatsoever. The swim up bar was the highlight of the trip and the beach is gorgeous. Now back to Disney planning (which won over a Punta Cana trip).

BWI/BC Oct 2013
Flower & Garden offsite 2012
Valentines Day at Poly/POFQ 2011
Christmas at WL 2009
Offsite 1993

Old 02-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #3314
mommakacie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
I'd love to hear what you think of Segway tour! DH & I think it looks really cool! Anyone else do it?
This may be old news since it was posted 9 days ago (catch up mode here), but my husband and I did the segway tour on our adult only trip a couple years ago and had a really great time. We both loved learning how to ride a segway and then getting to actually use it. We got to go around world showcase before it opened, so there weren't any people that we had to work around. They keep the classes pretty small - around 10 or so.

There was one lady in our group that fell off her segway. I don't really know what she was doing when she did that, but she got up and got back on it. And you get to wear those awesome helmets. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

I can't answer your question about entering through the gateway - we were coming from POFQ, so we went through the front gate.

02/12 - POR
04/13 - BC
Old 02-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #3315
mommakacie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
A question then??!! Do most people opt not to do the dining plan when staying club level?
I have no idea. It just seemed to make sense for us. We won't really need the mugs since we'll have the lounge. As far as dining choices, many of the places that I wanted to eat are not buffets, so my daughter and I should be able to share a meal and not be so wasteful. Seemed that saving money in some of those manners would help me justify the additional cost of CL. Since our kids are younger, it will be nice for my husband to step down the hall with them when they're ready and feed them while I'm still getting dressed, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Good going!
Here is a complimentary Bacon Wrapped Scallop to celebrate your new choice!

~NM
I'm looking forward to partaking in some of those bacon wrapped scallops!! That's right up my alley!!

02/12 - POR
04/13 - BC
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: