Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #316
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekmom View Post
I posted this on the dining reservations sub-board but have gotten no responses, so I thought I'd try here.

We'll be staying at YC March 1 - 9. Most mornings we'll probably just grab and go for breakfast but if we decide we feel like a more substantial meal will it be a problem to walk into Captain's Grille without an ADR?

How about at dinner time? Does it get booked up?

Thanks! We're so excited about our first ever deluxe stay!
Just depends on occupancy. Sometimes it's easy to walk in for breakfast and dinner and sometimes you cannot get in without a reservation. Sorry ... this doesn't help you much.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #317
ekmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Just depends on occupancy. Sometimes it's easy to walk in for breakfast and dinner and sometimes you cannot get in without a reservation. Sorry ... this doesn't help you much.
Thanks for your quick reply, I should have asked here first. I guess we'll have to play it by ear. We will know the night before what we want to do, so perhaps we can check for an ADR then.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #318
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekmom View Post
Thanks for your quick reply, I should have asked here first. I guess we'll have to play it by ear. We will know the night before what we want to do, so perhaps we can check for an ADR then.
Perfect.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #319
jasec2
Mouseketeer

We will be at BC tonight! Can't wait!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #320
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasec2 View Post
Lucky you!!! Have a fantastic trip!

Old 12-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #321
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasec2 View Post
See you Saturday.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #322
GOOFY4DONALD
DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They were so proud they made it a Hidden Mickey!

I thought I would pop in and say hi. After 3 trips in the Magic Kingdom Area we wanted to try something new (plus our last trip was a not so magical stay). We had dinner at Cape May and fell in love with the Beach Club (mainly the location). So we have an Oct 2014 trip planned. I will be on this board quite a bit.
WDW 2012 FW Cabins

Old 12-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #323
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

This resort changer is finally ready to be added to the Be Our Guest list!

We will be staying 1/2-1/7 YC CL after 3 nights at the Poly.

Teena - My boys are probably going to want to pin trade with you again. I hope we can see you!

Thanks again for this great thread Natebenma Even though I rarely post, I always read!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Next up.... Mar 14 - BC

Old 12-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #324
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Yay! Am I the only one that loves the new door locks? So easy especially when your hands are full. I was a bit surprised that there was no explanation at checkin though.

Another fan of breakfast at Captain's Grille.

Does the key card still look the same? what do you do, just scan the card in front of the door? Can you take a picture of the card and door lock?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #325
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
Does the key card still look the same? what do you do, just scan the card in front of the door? Can you take a picture of the card and door lock?
Wish I was there to take a photo! We've been home since November.

The card looks much the same although it is a lighter blue. It does have a little Mickey icon on it now. The locks are different. There is a little red light at the top and I thought I should wave the key over that. Not so much. Instead tap your card on the Mickey icon on the front of the lock (not the icon on the card). It picks up sometimes if you wave it but tapping is more fail safe. Very slick.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #326
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
This resort changer is finally ready to be added to the Be Our Guest list!

We will be staying 1/2-1/7 YC CL after 3 nights at the Poly.

Teena - My boys are probably going to want to pin trade with you again. I hope we can see you!

Thanks again for this great thread Natebenma Even though I rarely post, I always read!
Will definitely be there that Sunday!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #327
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think someone posted a picture of the RFID lock in the previous thread.

I'll take a peek and see if I can find it.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #328
sndral
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was late and I had flown in from the west coast when I first confronted the new door locks. W/ my carryon sitting next to me, traveling purse perched over my shoulder I valiantly tried to slide the KTTW card on each of the 4 sides of the new brown plastic 'lock.' Left side, right side, top side, bottom side nothing worked, no slot to slide the card in, then I noticed the little green light flashing while i was making my second pass @ finding the card slot, undoubtedly triggered by my fumbling as I tried to find the slot, so I turned the door handle and viola, I was in! Wave the card in front of the brown plastic doohickey above the door knob/handle.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #329
*Dreamin'Dad*
DISer since 2003

Teena help

Teena -

We had a shipping address issue with my daughters dress for her BBB/Princess breakfast. We just got home and found out the package did not get delivered.

Disney is shipping to the resort under the name Richter. Please notify those in receiving as it should be there in the next 2 days. We will be there Sunday.

Not expecting or holding you all accountable for delivery, just wanted to let someone know it should be coming.
4/03-Swan & 4/05-Swan--7/07 WL--3/09-CSR
3/10-CBR--6/11-Saratoga & POR--12/12 BCV--7/14-BC
Old 12-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #330
GOOFY4DONALD
DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They were so proud they made it a Hidden Mickey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
It was late and I had flown in from the west coast when I first confronted the new door locks. W/ my carryon sitting next to me, traveling purse perched over my shoulder I valiantly tried to slide the KTTW card on each of the 4 sides of the new brown plastic 'lock.' Left side, right side, top side, bottom side nothing worked, no slot to slide the card in, then I noticed the little green light flashing while i was making my second pass @ finding the card slot, undoubtedly triggered by my fumbling as I tried to find the slot, so I turned the door handle and viola, I was in! Wave the card in front of the brown plastic doohickey above the door knob/handle.
This was me as well. I had 3 carryons and ended up dropping everything on the floor. My wonderful husband was laughing so hard I thought I would have to pick him up too.
WDW 2012 FW Cabins

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: