Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #3226
hill6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
Having grown up in Florida and also lived in Massachusetts for 3 years, I can tell you that Florida-cold is way different than Northern-cold. The humidity stays year-round in Florida, and when the temperatures drop, the moist, cold air cuts right to your bones. Bone-chilling-cold...At least that is what we tell ourselves when people laugh at us for wearing winter coats in 50 degree weather. hehe.

So bundle up, and stay comfy!

I agree that it is a different kind of cold but my Dad who lives in West Palm Beach has called me and wanted sympathy for their 45 degree temps when I have a blizzard raging outside.

I opened my garage door, took a picture and emailed it to him and said that I would trade his cold weather with him if he wanted to deal with this instead. He stopped complaining for a while.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 9-14
Old 02-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #3227
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Well Dee, I'm probably too late with this post, but in case you are checking - Have a fantastic trip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
THIS!!!!

This is the (not so) secret BCV hang spot! See how nice it is!! When it was time to hit the road again at WDW we would go over to fetch DH and he would roll his eyes at us and want to stay there.

With 5 people in a hotel room my husband is very good at finding hiding spots like this in the hotels that we stay at. His all time favorite was the Wilderness lodge with it's plethora of 'hidey holes". When booking this last BC stay he was bummed that we weren't going back to the WL because he missed his hidey holes there. After he found this one at the Villas he was good to go!

Thanks MickeyT!

~NM
That room looks so wonderful.

I gotta admit I have a soft spot for WL and all the little hiding spots. I had a terrible stomach bug on the last day of one of our trips to WL. We didn't need to leave on DME until 4ish, but there was no way I could go to a park. Soooo, we arranged for a Noon check out, and the boys headed off to MK while I stayed at the Lodge. I was super sick, but just moved from couch to couch relaxing my afternoon away. I wouldn't want to be that sick again, but I could easily relax all day throughout WL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post

My DD16 is OVERLY disappointed that there are no hammocks! However, I simply remind her not to judge and to find something unique at the BC that will be special to her. The hammocks have always been her escape place to have some time on her own.
There may not be hammocks, but there are plenty of wonderful beach chairs that would make for a fabulous escape!

Teena - I hope you find some good ways to stay warm this weekend!

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #3228
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post
Trying to figure out what to share for room request. i just noticed that on the Disney website, for CL-GV it only lists one bed-type, 2Q+daybed. So...I don't need to request a daybed? Also, does anyone know if they (CL-GV) all have full balconies (I read that on another post).

Thanks!
This info is from our last trip in 2011. Only 1 GV CL had a daybed. We had a party of 5 and were lucky to get it. At that time, there was a lot of chatter on here that families of 5 in GV CL were stuck getting rollaways. I kept my fingers crossed that we did not get stuck with the rollaway. Our room was 5636.

At that time all, of the GV CL had full dormer balconies.

This go around our family of 5 could not reserve CL GV because the max oocupancy is now listed at 4, not matter the bed configuration.

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 02-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #3229
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
Thanks, still deciding if CL will be worth it for us. It sounds fabulous, but I am not completely sure it will fit our needs for this trip!
Hey DisneyLifeMel I was in the same boat as you and I was stressing BIG time I want to do CL so bad after reading all the rave reviews for it. However, after talking with my DH and a good friend, and "planning" our ADRs, we are still going to do DP again I am definitely thinking as a reward when we are completely out of debt in 3 years, CL it will be

I did find a great excel spreadsheet on a website from one of the dining threads that also helped me really figure out what was best for our family Let me know if you are interested in the spreadsheet

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
Old 02-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #3230
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
Have a great trip!
Thank you! I appreciate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
Well Dee, I'm probably too late with this post, but in case you are checking - Have a fantastic trip!!!
Final checkin. Thanks for the good wishes!

Dee
Old 02-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #3231
Rileyf
Earning My Ears

Where can you get a quick breakfast at they YC. I know about the market place. Is there any place on the YC side to grab something quick? This will be our 4th stay at the resort, but we have always stayed Club level. At the moment all that is available for our stay with AP discount is a LV club level, and that is over my budget. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #3232
Mewissy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4

I did find a great excel spreadsheet on a website from one of the dining threads that also helped me really figure out what was best for our family Let me know if you are interested in the spreadsheet
This is probably the spreadsheet I posted a page or 2 back. SO helpful!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #3233
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileyf View Post
Where can you get a quick breakfast at they YC. I know about the market place. Is there any place on the YC side to grab something quick? This will be our 4th stay at the resort, but we have always stayed Club level. At the moment all that is available for our stay with AP discount is a LV club level, and that is over my budget. Thanks.
There isn't a quick service location at the YC, but I think you can get coffee and some danish at Ale and Compass lounge. I think Pixar mom had some pictures earlier in the thread that said there is a decent quick service spot at the Swolphin that was a fairly close walk from the YC.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #3234
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

I keep meaning to ask this this question, but forget by the time I am at my computer or phone. Do the fridges at the BC have a small freezer section? My husband has issues with his foot sometimes and needs to ice it. The ones at AoA last year did have the freezer part and it really came in handy.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #3235
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Anyway, I want to wish you all a wonderful week! Ill be checking back a couple of times before I go, but Ill probably be mostly lurking. Lots of last minute things to do.

MickeyT- The list is yours!

Adios, mi amigos

Dee

Have a fantastic time!

Old 02-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #3236
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Have a super time Dee. We'll miss you!!!

Suppose to be record lows here on Sunday. Can you imagine what I'll look like walking from the CM parking lot to the BC Sunday morning? Ski mask, winter coat, mittens, scarfS ... gonna be a rough day for me!!!!
I want photos lol!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 02-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #3237
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
I keep meaning to ask this this question, but forget by the time I am at my computer or phone. Do the fridges at the BC have a small freezer section? My husband has issues with his foot sometimes and needs to ice it. The ones at AoA last year did have the freezer part and it really came in handy.
Mine didn't.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 02-15-2013, 11:46 PM   #3238
tb1972
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT

If you do stay close to SAB (main pool) it can get noisy. Even more so during the day as they have activities. We are a Garden View family.
Thanks MickeyT. I called MS and added a garden view request to our room. Hopefully, the request is granted!

Old 02-16-2013, 12:04 AM   #3239
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPantherfan View Post
This info is from our last trip in 2011. Only 1 GV CL had a daybed. We had a party of 5 and were lucky to get it. At that time, there was a lot of chatter on here that families of 5 in GV CL were stuck getting rollaways. I kept my fingers crossed that we did not get stuck with the rollaway. Our room was 5636.

At that time all, of the GV CL had full dormer balconies.

This go around our family of 5 could not reserve CL GV because the max oocupancy is now listed at 4, not matter the bed configuration.
Thanks! We are only 4, but the boys are restless sleepers. The reports seem to be consistent...it is just weird that the Disney booking webpage lists 2Q+daybed, occupancy 4. Doesn't jive.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:56 AM   #3240
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Close. Was best man for my son then went to the BC. Last June.
Ah close but no cigar

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymommy2pink View Post
I'm sorry to just jump in!! I have a quick question. Does beach club offer late check out(for a fee obviously)??
We have had a late check out granted for no fee. It was for 1pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
My DD16 is OVERLY disappointed that there are no hammocks! However, I simply remind her not to judge and to find something unique at the BC that will be special to her. The hammocks have always been her escape place to have some time on her own.
Dont know if it helps but there are hammocks at the beach between the swan and dolphin resorts. My older kids have used them when I took the youngest to play on the climbing frame bit It's maybe a 5 minute walk from the YC/BC
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: